It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney comments at fundraiser outrage Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
linky

Wow. And he's running for president.
At least he's showing his colors to everyone now.
I'm sure that the Arab world is loving the fact that Mitt is pro israel.

Mitt Romney told Jewish donors Monday that their culture is part of what has allowed them to be more economically successful than the Palestinians, outraging Palestinian leaders who suggested his comments were racist and out of touch with the realities of the Middle East. His campaign later said his remarks were mischaracterized.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Who cares about the Palestinians, they have no influence in American politics right??? I would imagine this is Romneys line of thinking...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Who cares about the Palestinians, they have no influence in American politics right??? I would imagine this is Romneys line of thinking...

Republicans only care about people that can donate a few million dollars to their campaign funds.
Everyone else can go suck it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Were his words a lie?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If he's keeping these things private, we now have the reason why.

And how would the press be able to know what he tells anyone if he's keeping things private and not allowing the press anywhere near him at these fundraisers?

And of course the Palestinians are outraged. You can make a drinking game for every time those people get outraged at Jews, which is everything Jews do. Jews simply can't do anything without those guys getting outraged at them.

So it's best to take these outrages with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Aside from politics there seems to be a religious aspect.I've heard that the Mormons(Romney)have a dream of seeing the Jewish temple rebuilt.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

No. The Palestinian government is not interested in economic recovery or health, just buying Kassim rockets to kill off Israeli civilians.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think he was not lying. Thing is, the Israeli culture indeed is the source of their economical success:
- robbing, stealing and confiscating Palestinian properties and redistributing spoils to jews free of charge
- killing young Palestinians, taking their organs, and selling them forward
- blocking Palestine out of 3rd party contact, and trade connections
- keeping and confiscating funds owned by Palestine state
- etc etc

Sure that works. And that's not a lie.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Romney is pro-Israel like myself and millions of other Americans. And?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

...And what comes to Israeli health care system: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

Yeah, sure, it's not like those mean racist Zionist Jews do anything like....

I'm sure the video will just be dismissed by those freedom loving, Zionist fighters.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
American followers of Judaism make up approximately 2% of the population, so why do the presidential hopefuls (and nearly all other politicians) always have to make the seemingly mandatory trip to Israel to grovel for support and approval?
Seriously, shouldn't they be at home doing something for their own native voters, not the people of some nasty little sandpit?

It's also turned into an ass-kissing fest of mammoth proportions, as they all try to out-do each other in the level of their grovelling and proclaimed love of Israel and all things Jewish. I wonder why that is?

As for a lot of the rather unsavoury comments on here about the Palestinians, I have to wonder how many of those posting such nasty remarks would act if they were invaded and lived under an oppressive military regime? All the hard talk, especially from the yanks on here, about how tough they are with their firearms and how they'd fight to the death to protect their homeland, yet they would deny others the same option of doing so. In reality, those who talk so tough would roll over and hand over the guns like good little sheep if it came to it. No need to have the government pry their firearm from their cold dead hand, as they like to quote often!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

We should never forget this one: www.youtube.com...

Israelis bulldozing Palestinian properties, and crushing Rachel Corrie (US citizen), protesting on the spot. The bulldozer not only did run over her, but reverse and re-run again.

That tells everything.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

They were never said to be a lie, they were said to show lack of understanding. It's hard to prosper economically when you are practically being held hostage by another nation that controls every thing that enters and exits your country. You know?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

His campaign later said his remarks were mischaracterized.

"Mischaracterized"
Yes, of course, as in, they were meant for the Israelis, but later when he talks to the Palestinians, he'll have something different to say.
That is a politician for you! "Mischaracterized."

Has there ever been a worse flip-flopper than Romney? I disagree with about 90% of what Obama is doing, but I'd vote for him just for sticking to his own agenda. Hell, I don't care if his agenda is bringing about hell on Earth, it is at least commendable for someone to have some integrity and fortitude in seeing through plans through to the end. I'd rather vote for Satan than to vote for some pansy changing his morals and views depending on which way the wind blows.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I was gonna post this but I'm glad it's already here on ATS for all to see. Romney, Romney, Romney, what can I say that a facepalm meme hasn't already said?

Palestinian President says,

It is a racist statement and this man doesn't realize that the Palestinian economy cannot reach its potential because there is an Israeli occupation," said Saeb Erekat, a senior aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

The people of Israel are not the problem, their Gov't is, a problem the entire world shares.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
American followers of Judaism make up approximately 2% of the population,

2% is not a measure of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sheldon Adelson Tops Romney Donor List That Now Includes 32 Billionaires
www.forbes.com...

Sheldon Adelson to Join Romney in Israel - NYTimes.com
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

US billionaire Sheldon Adelson in Israel as Romney talks Iran
www.timesofisrael.com...

Major GOP donor Sheldon Adelson may attend Romney's Israel fundraiser
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Hope that answers your question....2% of the US Population???? Romney doesn't report to the US population, he reports to the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

No. The Palestinian government is not interested in economic recovery or health, just buying Kassim rockets to kill off Israeli civilians.

I just wanna point out that if these Qassam rockets are the best the Palestinian gov't can afford then they may as well give up because these rockets are awful. Or perhaps these rockets are them telling the world they give up?

Wikipedia says,

en.wikipedia.org...

The Qassam rocket (Arabic: صاروخ القسام‎ Ṣārūkh al-Qassām; also Kassam) is a simple steel artillery rocket developed and deployed by the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military arm of Hamas. Three models have been produced and used between 2001 and 2011.

More generally, all types of Palestinian rockets fired into southern Israel, for example the Palestinian Islamic Jihad Al Quds rockets, are called Qassams by the Israeli media, and often by foreign media.[1]

The Qassam gained notoriety as the best-known type of rocket deployed by Palestinian militants mainly against Israeli civilians, but also some military targets during the Second Intifada of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.[2][3] Since 2000, Palestinian rockets, which include the Qassam, alongside others such as the Grad rocket, have claimed the lives of 22 Israelis and one Thai national.[4][5]

Cost The cost of the materials used for manufacturing each Qassam is up to $800 or €500 (in 2008-9) per rocket.[11][12]

and again for clarification,

Since 2000, Palestinian rockets, which include the Qassam, alongside others such as the Grad rocket, have claimed the lives of 22 Israelis and one Thai national

They definitely use these rockets with the intentions of killing off Israelis, or do they? Maybe there's a conspiracy here somewhere? Either way, you can clearly see why the Israeli Gov't would want the Palestinian Gov't/ecomony to remain broke because right now these rockets completely fail to deliverer. In fact, it's amazing as the years have gone on since 2000 they still employ the same fail method. I do believe their present date rockets are better than their original predecessor but still as ineffective. What's the definition of insanity? I mean seriously, whats the point if you're the man firing off these rockets? And as the years go on and technology improves Israel will always be up to date & well funded. For example,

Iron Dome
en.wikipedia.org...

Iron Dome (Hebrew: כִּיפַּת בַּרְזֶל‎‎ kipat barzel) is a mobile all-weather air defense system[2] in development by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems[1] designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets and artillery shells fired from distances of 4 to 70 kilometers away whose trajectory would take them to a populated area.[3][4] The system, created as a defensive countermeasure to the rocket threat against Israel's civilian population on its northern and southern borders, uses technology first used in Rafael's SPYDER system. Iron Dome was declared operational and initially deployed on 27 March 2011 near Beersheba.[5] On 7 April 2011, the system successfully intercepted a Grad rocket launched from Gaza for the first time.[6] On 10 March 2012, The Jerusalem Post reported that the system shot down 90% of rockets launched from Gaza it fired at (rockets which will land in unpopulated areas are ignored).[4] By April 2012 it had intercepted 93 rockets.[7][8]

In February 2007, Defense Minister Amir Peretz selected Iron Dome as Israel's defensive solution to this short-range rocket threat.[12] Since then, the US$210 million system has been developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems working jointly with the Israel Defense Forces.[13]

Can't say the same for the Palestinians, as far as technology & $$ are concerned. Israel is now able to completely shut down these rockets with ease and like I said, as the years go on Israel only gets stronger and her enemies get the hand me downs from the 90s. I mean, good lord, Human spirit is a hell of a thing. And who is it exactly that is firing off these rockets? Hamas? Should we discuss their history? If not, we can always discuss Israel's military response to these failed rocket attacks and other military operations because of them..coughOperationCastLeadcough...

So like I said, the Israeli Gov't, much like my own US Gov't, & friends, are the problem and need flushing.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

join