It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poverty Creators Plan to Increase Taxes on 22.9 Million Poor and Middle Class Families

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Henley
reply to post by SeesFar

With all due respect sir, please visit the following.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then consider

A new member of 7/29/12 with 210 posts certainly is quite familiar with how to post here. All posts have the same message and posted minutes apart.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-8-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

Interesting. Thank you. It never occurs to me to think of checking a member's longevity and post count. Perhaps you've shown me that I should take care to be more mindful of that in the future rather than simply presuming someone is posting out of a desire for true discourse or learning.

You've taught me something and I'm appreciative of that.

And, just a 'btw' thing, I'm a 'ma'am;' not a 'sir.' =)
edit on 8-8-2012 by SeesFar because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Corrected,

Ma'am,

It appears they have a full time job.

Now that it has come to attention. Watch for a new name.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Glass Steagall

Right Wingers took of all the reigns off the FED and banks on purpose

The want to raise taxes on the poor and lower taxes for instruments of the FED you can bring up 100 years ago all you want, but the fact remains that right wingers are in lock step with the banks, elites and insurance companies in modern times.

By citing Excessive regulations (like you have) the GOP and conservatives engineer the economy for the banking system in the name of Free Market

Anyways I'm done with you, I'm gonna cuss at you and place a curse upon you if you keep spouting your ignorance to me.

Thanks

edit on 3-8-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

I meant to get back to your post prior to my attempt to have a discussion with another member.

Would you please tell me if I'm understanding your post correctly?

Are you saying that the Republican "Right Wingers took of all the reigns off the FED and banks" with the Glass-Steagall Act?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar

Originally posted by Henley
reply to post by SeesFar

With all due respect sir, please visit the following.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then consider

A new member of 7/29/12 with 210 posts certainly is quite familiar with how to post here. All posts have the same message and posted minutes apart.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting. Thank you. It never occurs to me to think of checking a member's longevity and post count. Perhaps you've shown me that I should take care to be more mindful of that in the future rather than simply presuming someone is posting out of a desire for true discourse or learning.

You've taught me something and I'm appreciative of that.

And, just a 'btw' thing, I'm a 'ma'am;' not a 'sir.' =)
edit on 8-8-2012 by SeesFar because: typo

Yep cuz all of that proves...I was a longtime reader before I joined. What else did we prove?

Let me again remind you, I agreed with the vast majority of what you were writing. The problem is that we are both discussing "small businesses" without agreeing on what that means.

What is it you think I am attempting? I had no problem engaging with you about everything else. So suddenly I am what, a paid shill and a troll because I refuse to let the TEA party define words for me?

If we were both discussing physics but had two different definitions for gravity, how far would we get?
I understand you have a personal definition of "small business."
The problem is that anything you say to try and protect those "small businesses" also applies to what the Koch brothers and their ilk have brought it mean. Yes it is defined. That is what the tax code does.

You say small business and you mean your personal meaning.
I say it and I mean what is technically a small business.

Why is it important?
Because of the reality that is happening.

They want to raise taxes on "small businesses" that EARN OVER $250,000 a year. Here people are screaming about how Obama is trying to crush all small businesses because we all have our personal version of what a small business is. That is what the TEA party wanted. So you would defend mom and pop and millionaires will just happen to benefit.

I am sorry that it is angering you or whatever it is that I am not going to just agree to your personal definition of a word in a discussion where the reality of the details matter.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Text Greenreply to post by buster2010

The parties are a joke its all about money.Always has and always will be.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by camaro68ss
its all smoke and light shows. you cant raise enough money to slow down the drunken spending binge. Its game over and its been game over for years now. there is no way to pay for all of this. Government needs to stop with the dog and pony shows. its over. 49% of america is in the "poor" Category. thats making 25k or less!!!!

There is no middle class, its poor and super rich. Middle class is just those people that have not maxed out there credit cards yet to make it look like there in the middle class
edit on 30-7-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

The GOP has succeeded in killing off the middle class now they just want slaves for the wealthy.

Quite succinct and true. Sadly.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join