It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poverty Creators Plan to Increase Taxes on 22.9 Million Poor and Middle Class Families

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As stated by an earlier poster there is an illusion of two parties when in reality there is only one....the two sides simply disagree on how they can achieve the end state they so desire.

Democrats believe that if they provide for everyone they can maintain control...and they are correct...if you had to turn to the government for food water and electricity each month eventually everyone would see nothing wrong with having everything provided like health care...entertainment by way of the internet....public transportation sans private cars except for a few elitetist exceptions...and jobs....work here and we will provide everything you need just give us 60 hour5s a week and everything you need will be provided...in esscence control of the populace by providi ng limited health care...limited transportation....limited electricity water and food.

Republicans believe they can maintain control by supporting the illusion that if you follow the dream and work hard....give us 60 hours a week...you will have everything you want. Reality is that working hard gets enough to pay for what you need...food...electricty...healthcare....and a private transportation but you can't afford everything...you must budget for food....use electricity spareingly....healthcare in emergencies....and drive to work and back with no freedom of real travel because you cant afford it.

This is what our politicians have been playing for a long time...all about control and the only argument they have is about how to maintain it...neither side cares a rats behind about you me or our children...only in how best to control the population....either thru a benevolent government that provides all or the illusion that we can have everything if we chase the dream....we are dreaming if we believe either side will ever care enough to really advance our cares and desires so do not get sucked up into the game.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
As stated by an earlier poster there is an illusion of two parties when in reality there is only one...

I am so sick of reading these posts here.
Yes, I could read them before I joined.

None of you make any sense at all. You just say things that the rest of your post history shows even you do not believe. It is always the same. You write about how smart you are to know that it is all an illusion and then you run around the rest of ATS pitching for one side only without realizing what you are doing.

Yes, Virginia there is a difference.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
linky

The rich need a tax cut?
WTF are the GOP smoking?
Oh and to fund that tax cut they are going to pay for it by taxing the middle class more?

Senator Orin Hatch and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell proposed raising taxes on working families by $11 billion to make room for tax cuts for the wealthy. The two main increases affect poor and moderate income families by eliminating the child tax credit and Earned Income Credit that combined, affect 22.9 million families in 2013 alone. McConnell has complained for weeks that the wealthiest one-percent are unduly punished, and that 98% of the population has to pick the slack in the Republican version of shared sacrifice. At a time when an overwhelming majority of Americans believe the wealthy should pay higher taxes, Republicans are taking the opposite approach and burdening middle-America to help the 2%.

Again the GOP is showing how out of touch it is with the people of the USA.
Except for the rich of course.

i have no issue with the child tax credit as long as its a credit on taxes you paid in.. i do have an issue with parents collecting income tax checks that can reach into the 6-10k range because of having so many kids that they are getting money back they DIDN'T pay in. (mother/father pays in 1500.00 in taxes for the year.. gets back 6000.00) ... somethings wrong with that picture. any and all loop holes that pay you more than you paid in need to be closed.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by MRuss
The top ten percent of earners in the US pay almost all of the taxes in the US.

The middle class and poor don't pay any taxes.

Quick question about the chart. Is it total income, including buisness earnings, dividends income from rent etc. or just a salary?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

No sweetheart there is no difference...what ever way they can maintain control....think about it....many Senators and House members have been in office for twenty years plus....each side has controlled the Congress at one time or another but nothing ever changes....stick your head back in the dirt and live for a hgandout pr live for the illusion of a dream...either way you play right into there hands...Us against Them...thats all it is and thats what they use...and since you have been here for all of two weeks I suggest maybe you do read a few post...or better yet go back and read some history and see for yourself
edit on 7/31/2012 by DJMSN because: Add

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For 30 years, we have heard the conservative mantra "cut taxes to create jobs". Well here we are 30 years later and you would think with all those decades of tax cuts, we would be in a country awash in jobs. No, those very same corporations have taken their increased profits and OUTSOURCED your jobs to low wage countries. They have in sourced cheap labor to take the jobs they cant send out. Education, libraries, and social programs are now being de funded. Ever wonder why the right hates public radio and PBS so much? They don't want to just create a wealth gap, they also want to create a knowledge one as well. They really envision a country of the ruling class and the rabble. MAKE NO MISTAKE, THIS IS THE OBJECTIVE. They don't care if it takes 50 years. The republican party is at odds with everyone who works paycheck to paycheck, pretty much anyone who makes less than six figures.. If you don't believe me, here is an experiment you can perform. Look at any bill or law that is presented. If it benefits the poor or the working class, republicans will OPPOSE it. If it benefits the wealthy or corporations the republican party will EMBRACE it. Jesse Jackson once said a working class voter voting republican is like a chicken voting for Colonel Saunders. Totally true.
edit on 31-7-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

As stated by an earlier poster there is an illusion of two parties when in reality there is only one....the two sides simply disagree on how they can achieve the end state they so desire.

Democrats believe that if they provide for everyone they can maintain control...and they are correct...if you had to turn to the government for food water and electricity each month eventually everyone would see nothing wrong with having everything provided like health care...entertainment by way of the internet....public transportation sans private cars except for a few elitetist exceptions...and jobs....work here and we will provide everything you need just give us 60 hour5s a week and everything you need will be provided...in esscence control of the populace by providi ng limited health care...limited transportation....limited electricity water and food.

Republicans believe they can maintain control by supporting the illusion that if you follow the dream and work hard....give us 60 hours a week...you will have everything you want. Reality is that working hard gets enough to pay for what you need...food...electricty...healthcare....and a private transportation but you can't afford everything...you must budget for food....use electricity spareingly....healthcare in emergencies....and drive to work and back with no freedom of real travel because you cant afford it.

This is what our politicians have been playing for a long time...all about control and the only argument they have is about how to maintain it...neither side cares a rats behind about you me or our children...only in how best to control the population....either thru a benevolent government that provides all or the illusion that we can have everything if we chase the dream....we are dreaming if we believe either side will ever care enough to really advance our cares and desires so do not get sucked up into the game.

This is true to a degree. Democrats believe they can solve any problem if they throw enough money at it. Republicans believe they can do so by ignoring it and letting the "free market" fix it (in which case the blue bloods make out like bandits and joe six pack gets the $(#*(# end of the stick). Democrats are rented by the one percent, republicans are OWNED by the one percent. I do believe that if you make less than 200k a year in the US, you are pretty much a non person to both parties.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

As stated by an earlier poster there is an illusion of two parties when in reality there is only one...

I am so sick of reading these posts here.
Yes, I could read them before I joined.

None of you make any sense at all. You just say things that the rest of your post history shows even you do not believe. It is always the same. You write about how smart you are to know that it is all an illusion and then you run around the rest of ATS pitching for one side only without realizing what you are doing.

Yes, Virginia there is a difference.

I dont think so. If there WAS a difference, than things would get better. Instead, no matter who is the majority, the same agenda is furthered. With the rethugs we get hardcore predatory capitalism, with the dems, its predatory capitalism lite. That's not cynicism, its based on observation and the fact that for the past 30 years, in spite of democratic majorities from time to time, the middle class and the working class gets consistently thrown under the bus. As George Carlin once said, the game is rigged, and has been since the beginning.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by beezzer

No clue.
Close the loophole. I'm fine with that.

But to take money away from people who might actually need that. And then give that money to the rich in tax cuts.
The rich don't need tax cuts.

Should of taken that money to enforce laws already on the books.

The rich don't need tax cuts, the middle class don't need tax breaks.

I wish government would stop using taxes as either a carrot or a stick!

A flat tax is a fair tax. No loopholes, no tax breaks, no exemptions, no credit for this, that, the other.

Beezers tax form.

1. How much did you make?
2. Multiply by 15%.
3. Pay that.

HOW FRACKING SIMPLE CAN I MAKE IT?

First I agree with you;but I'm a jaded cynical realist.

Beeeze, beeze; C'mon you know the"tax structure" is the spoon the govt uses to "diddle" the batter of society. for its own ends;
If a large house builder makes a big enough campaign contribution; Soon a bill will be drafted and make it to the floor to give a deduction for "new construction" home sales. It's the influence that creates(becomes) the common currency of the govt.Trading votes creates obligations amongst the individual congressmen; Also currency to be wielded."Big govt= bad govt".

Think "they" would ever give up that mechanism? Would muggers ever give up their guns?

edit on 31-7-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by 46ACE because: structure.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
He was trying to fight for the tax cuts for small businesses, but gave in to Reid.....so small businesses will see a tax increase thanks to the Dems. if they take in over $250,000 a year.

Here is what you just said to everyone.
Democrats want people that make more money to pay more taxes.
Republicans want people that make less money to pay more taxes.
You side with the Republicans.

Glad you are not shy about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I prepare taxes for a living. It makes me sick to see people who actually get the earned income credit. Do you all know what this is? Generally speaking, the earned income credit is a refund that poor people get for having kids. They pay in $1,000 in taxes and get a refund of $4,000. Who pays for that? I know I do. It's not fair.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Locust
I prepare taxes for a living. It makes me sick to see people who actually get the earned income credit. Do you all know what this is? Generally speaking, the earned income credit is a refund that poor people get for having kids. They pay in $1,000 in taxes and get a refund of $4,000. Who pays for that? I know I do. It's not fair.

Your not telling the truth. Here is how much you must earn before claiming a earn income tax credit.

Tax Year 2011 maximum credit:
$5,751 with three or more qualifying children
$5,112 with two qualifying children
$3,094 with one qualifying child
$464 with no qualifying children

IRS

Here is a earn income tax calculator and you can do the general math yourself:
EIC Calculato....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by RealSpoke

The reality of current federal spending of over 2.5 trillion dollars for social programs which supports trickle up poverty.

In over 70 years of social programs people have never been more poor with trillions blown for nothing.

Hasn't work and will never work.

The interstate highway system, rural electrification, Hoover Dam and Lincoln tunnel,pell grants etc, are all successful social programs (yes, public works are social programs).Aviation safety is a good example. The Apollo program was basically a huge public works project that employed thousands in good paying jobs for a number of years, and it certainly was sucessful or there wouldnt be an American flag up on the moon. There are plenty of social programs that have worked. Social security is working as is medicaid. Has been for years

Social programs are NOT the reason the country is in the toilet, THIS IS:

The National Debt went up under: Carter 41%, Reagan 186%, Bush Sr. 53%, Clinton 40%, Bush W. 77%.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

That's not what I said at all...don't put words in my mouth....

Man, I hate liars like you.

You want small business owners to pay more taxes and have to fire people in order to satisfy your need for more taxes??? Sick.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

That's not what I said at all...don't put words in my mouth....

Man, I hate liars like you.

You want small business owners to pay more taxes and have to fire people in order to satisfy your need for more taxes??? Sick.

You might want to read this.

www.cbpp.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's my money I earned it, you didn't, I don't owe you squat, entitlements are whats killing this country and people that don't make any money thinking that they are owed by birth right.

To many leeches not enough hosts

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

So your saying that the super rich don't influence the lives of the other 99.9%?

I'm saying the success of the rich does not create someone's elses failures. Obama wants to tax the rich more and that comes to 85 billion more in taxes...enough to run the country for 3 days...but it's a great tool to get votes.

Do you really believe that if we were all as ambitious as say you or someone richer that we all could be as rich as you or the top 0.1%?

What I'm saying is everyone makes life choices, good and bad and those that make bad choices find it easier to blame something else and not themselves...

Do you really think that we all want something for nothing?

Of course we ALL do...

Do you really think that ambition is the only factor in determining our success?

I truely don't equate ambition or money to success, but Obama has... and that is why we see a class warfare, 99%ers etc...

I never wanted to run a business. I never wanted to work on wall street. I was happy with what i was doing until about 2008 when my job was eliminated! When someone thinks they have the world all figured out that's when they need to take a good look around them cause life is all just perception and they are usually wrong about alot of things! I found that out in 2008 when will you learn it?

I'm not doing what I did 4 years ago...you might have been successful in 2008 and then your job went away, does that mean you can't be successful in another line of work?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Any politician who still clings to trickle-down economics should be hogtied and kicked out of office. It is just a bunch of crap, because the rich, if they re-invest the money in America at all, don't create many if any new jobs for the lower classes. And the middle class is all but gone now, with more and more people falling into the lower classes, whether they realize it or not.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I am sorry to say it, but the folks who do not think it is insane to
raise taxes on the average man are not smart enough to comprehend
who keeps demand up. Corporations and billionaires don't buy the mass
of products that constitute the backbone of our economy, the average
consumer does, ten thousand regular men buy a tooth brush for every one
toothbrush purchased by a billionaire. On down the list....

Therefore it is 10,000 time more stimulating to break for the regular guy.

From cars, to milk, to movie ticket, to insurance policies, to airplane tickets

These is an endless supply of goods from markets all over the world,
the problem is the demand is not there, the GOP will destroy demand
even further with this extremely idiot move.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join