It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poverty Creators Plan to Increase Taxes on 22.9 Million Poor and Middle Class Families

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Signed by Clinton yep who are the poverty creators eh?

Yeah all the politicians are. Democrats and Republicans.

When are you going to realize this by now?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The reality of current federal spending of over 2.5 trillion dollars for social programs which supports trickle up poverty.

Do you live in reality? The rich have gotten rich and the poor poorer. Where is all the trickle up poverty? The wealthy has done nothing but GAIN wealth.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Considering the current administration has spend 6 trillion dollars in the last 3 and half years and cbo projections but that the national deficit at over 21 within the next 4 years that is where your trickle up poverty is.

Given the fact that American business is elsewhere in the world oh like China who are pumping billions there that is doing rather well.

That is the reality and when people can form an original thought instead of parroting typical leftist dogma then maybe a conversation can be had.

But since all anyone can do is chant "the rich get richer" the same garbage that has been said since the days of Teddy Roosevelt I'd rather not have my time wasted.

Since anyone can form a business, can incorporate it is even more garbage but that involves too much work just easier to sit there and cry the evil rich blah.blah ,blah.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But since all anyone can do is chant "the rich get richer" the same garbage that has been said since the days of Teddy Roosevelt I'd rather not have my time wasted.

I'm not chanting anything. I'm talking PURE statistical fact. I'm sorry that those bother you.

I'm also glad that you admit the trickle up poverty has not taken place yet even though these social programs have been going on for decades. What does that mean? Your talking point hypothesis was wrong.

edit on 31-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Actually by taking away the tax monies that these people are getting! that money will be freed up to spend elseware and those at the bottom will no longer have any choice but to go out and rob! this will create more jobs building prisons! Therefore we will need more guards, cops, lawyers and judges but also more tax money will be needed! On a positive note at least the job problem will be solved! LOL! You have to laugh or we'll cry!

I changed your text a bit. Maybe this will clarify.

Actually by taking away the tax monies that these people are getting! that money will be freed up to spend elseware and those at the bottom will no longer have any choice but to go out GET A JOB!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Right whatever watch the video or don't really do not care:

Trickle up poverty does exist for crying out loud what the hell do people think social engineering/programs are?

The only thing they do is waste trilions that destroy jobs that create real wealth.
edit on 31-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

By those on the bottom, you mean retirees, kids and the disabled? These are the people your talking about.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

By those on the bottom, you mean retirees, kids and the disabled? These are the people your talking about.

Don't be ridiculous. We are talking about career unemployed, welfare cheats, and those who just plain refuse to work.

Get a grip!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Congress has succeeded in killing off the middle class now they just want slaves for the wealthy.

There, I fixed that for you.

Let's wait and see who votes for this plan. It it's only Republicans, then scream and holler about them all day long. But I guarantee it won't just be the GOP that passes it (if it passes).

/TOA

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

On January 4, 1995, the new Chairman of the House Banking Committee, Representative James A. Leach (R-IA), introduced a bill to repeal Glass-Steagall Sections 20 and 32.[287] After being confirmed as Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin announced on February 28, 1995, that the Clinton Administration supported such Glass-Steagall repeal.[288] Repeating themes from the 1980s, Leach stated Glass-Steagall was “out of synch with reality”[289] and Rubin argued “it is now time for the laws to reflect changes in the world’s financial system

en.wikipedia.org...

Signed by Clinton yep who are the poverty creators eh?

The setup by the left for the "2008 financial crisis" can all be traced back to the Democrats.

You have to mental...

Respective versions of the legislation were introduced in the U.S. Senate by
Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the U.S. House of Representatives
by Jim Leach (R-Iowa).
The third lawmaker associated with the bill was Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R-Virginia), Chairman of the House Commerce Committee from 1995 to 2001.

During debate in the House of Representatives,
Rep. John Dingell (Democrat of Michigan) argued that the bill would result in banks becoming "too big to fail." Dingell further argued that this would necessarily result in a bailout by the Federal Government.

en.wikipedia.org...

The GOP dreamed up the repeal and YES Pres. Clinton signed it, but he was also a little pre-occupied at the time trying to fight off being impeached for getting a BJ in the White House.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Trickle up poverty does exist for crying out loud what the hell do people think social engineering/programs are?

Sure it does. That's why these social programs have been around for decades yet the RICH isn't decreasing in wealth.
Their wealth continues to rise. Look at it trickle.

Just admit you're wrong NEO. It's really good to learn and progress in thought.

That video is garbage. This is a 1rst world country...of course our poor is going to have refrigerators. I mean our ghettos look like a 3rd world country but hey, at-least we have fridges. That means the poor is actually rich.

You really expect them to live in mud huts? They don't have calorie deficiency because there are food-stamps. They have the ability to read because of public schooling.

LOL, this video is actually hilarious. I can't believe there are people out there that actually think like this. It could be a parody if there were an SNL for politics.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I guess our differences are between theory an reality.
You believe people on food stamps are malnutritioned.
I see people using food stamps in the grocery store buying food I can only dream of buying.
That is the difference between theory and reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wrong about what?

Since the creation the of SS over 11 trillion dollars have been taken from the people in the name of social engineering just for that one program alone.

www.usdebtclock.org...

15.9 trillion dollar deficit

$2.5 trillion Just for SS,Medicare/medicaid

15 trillion owed to SS
20 trillion owed to prescription drugs
83 trillion owed to medicare

119 trillion dollars owed for social programs

The kicker which blows liberal lies all to hell?

Household assets at $66 trillion dollars

But hey don't let the facts get in the way.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Who said people on foodstamps are malnutritioned? Pretty sure they are on foodstamps so they won't be hungry.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wrong about what?

You said these social programs that have been going on for decades were causing trickle up poverty. But clearly that is not the case as the wealthy are gaining wealth,not losing it.

If you cared about the budget you'd be going on about the military spending, bailouts, oil company subsidies, and FED bailouts.

But you don't. You repeat talking points that only have to deal with social programs. That shows where your heart lies. You never complain about corporate welfare, you are fascist.

The Federal Reserve and the big banks fought for more than two years to keep details of the largest bailout in U.S. history a secret. Now, the rest of the world can see what it was missing.

The Fed had committed $7.77 trillion as of March 2009 to bailing out the financial system, more than half the value of everything produced in the U.S. that year.

www.bloomberg.com...

US Military Spending

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Who said people on foodstamps are malnutritioned? Pretty sure they are on foodstamps so they won't be hungry.

Sorry. I misread. But you are still wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Did you see who initiated the bill?
Republicans.
Clinton didn't do it by himself.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You're a great debater.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The reality of current federal spending of over 2.5 trillion dollars for social programs which supports trickle up poverty.

In over 70 years of social programs people have never been more poor with trillions blown for nothing.

Hasn't work and will never work.

That's because the focus is wrong.
None of them focus on education.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

You're a great debater.

I assume you are being sarcastic.
Take pity on me. I don't have a handbook to quote the party line.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join