It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poverty Creators Plan to Increase Taxes on 22.9 Million Poor and Middle Class Families

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Poor people have some of the most labor intensive jobs there are

You know I agree with you..... to a point....

When I was 18 I told my dad that I bust my ass and I'm making nothing for all my hard work. He asked me a simple question, "what do you think your job should pay?" I said about what I earn. You see it was a job that I got with zero skills needed and they taught me some simple skills to do it. All I brought with me was some consistency in showing up to work on time and doing my work as best I could, but still one needs to ask what is the job really worth?

After that I spent my life improving my education and more importantly my skills to make me more valuable to the work force. It paid off after 30 plus years of working and I'm in the top 5% of earnings. The problem is WE do have a lot of people who just do not have a single ounce of ambition in their bones and spend their who life working crappy jobs that they work way harder than the jobs are worth. We also have people, like my sister, who don't work at all and spend their life living week to week.

I find both of these situations as a living hell but there are 10 MILLIONS of Americans that just do it with no care to improve their lives in anyway. Obama comes along and creates class warfare out of thin air and has so many calling the super rich evil when the true fact is their lives and ours might as well be on a different planets, and their wealth has about as much influence in our lives as what we do has in theirs, but it is so much easier to blame some rich person for our failings than to look in the mirror and see who is really at fault as to the whether we are successful or not.

Obama wants people to think the government will take care of them, the Government will give away things for free....nothing is free, but people don't care they just want a life where they live on subsidies provided by the Government and Obama is willing to offer anything they want to hear. In the end they will be poorer after 8 years of Obama because he cannot deliver his pipe dreams, but then he just wants the vote.

Look at Clinton 8 years...the rich have NEVER gotten more richer than any other time in American history, and the middle class and poor got worst. I personally was worst off in 1999 than in 1991 and so was 99% of America, but it seems no one cares to see that and just keep living their Obama pipe dream that they will get something for nothing...

So your saying that the super rich don't influence the lives of the other 99.9%?
Do you really believe that if we were all as ambitious as say you or someone richer that we all could be as rich as you or the top 0.1%?
Do you really think that we all want something for nothing?
Do you really think that ambition is the only factor in determining our success?
I never wanted to run a business. I never wanted to work on wall street. I was happy with what i was doing until about 2008 when my job was eliminated! When someone thinks they have the world all figured out that's when they need to take a good look around them cause life is all just perception and they are usually wrong about alot of things! I found that out in 2008 when will you learn it?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by beezzer

That is not another side to this story.
That's a loophole that needs to be closed.
My tax money, nor anyone's, should not be going to illegal aliens with no social security number.
edit on 30-7-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

That' what Hatch is doing.

Closing the loophole.

The 22.9 million figure? How much of that is going to people who cheat the system?

Raising my taxes closes that loophole how?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by neo96

Yes they do create jobs. They spend money in the private sector which creates jobs. Jobs are created by having a distribution of wealth among the people - regardless where that wealth is generate from - which allows consumers to purchase goods and grow the economy. Welfare does this, just as much as a chairty organization or a corporation. As long as there is money being passed from one hand, to another, for a produced good, then the economy is moving in the right direction.

The problem with our economy is there is a handful of people at the top that do nothing but utilize their wealth to gain more wealth. This practice of hoarding hurts everyone because that is money which is being kept from the economy. If that money was being spent on goods, that would create jobs - it's pretty simple - and taxes are part of the cycle that keeps this system moving so that our economy doesn't freeze to a halt.

By taking away these social services from the millions of people that have them, you're essentially removing those millions of people from the economy, and all of the goods they purchase. What do you think is going to happen then? Will the top 1% of people pick-up the slack on purchasing those goods for the "good of the economy" or would they add a few more zero's onto their bank account with it, and watch as the market of goods contracts?

If you can't see this reasoning, then you don't understand abstract thinking and how the world works. People with nothing, can purchase nothing, and therefor by giving people something they help create jobs. People with everything don't need to purchase anything new, and therefor don't help to create jobs.

Actually by taking away the tax monies that these people are getting! that money will be freed up to spend elseware and those at the bottom will no longer have any choice but to go out and rob! this will create more jobs building prisons! Therefore we will need more guards, cops, lawyers and judges but also more tax money will be needed! On a positive note at least the job problem will be solved! LOL! You have to laugh or we'll cry!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
And to reitterate 50% of this country does not pay any tax whatsoever

FLATOUT LIE!!!!!!

There is nothing true about that statement.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think maybe I should point one thing out, in case no one else has...
if one is recieving certain social service benefits, don't think all of them are like this but some, the people are required to turn the child tax credit and Earned Income Credit over to social services. so, it's not gonna help the overall budget as much as they would like us to think probably. since it's just shifting the path of some of the funding.
these people will still be getting as much as they are now!!

it's the working poor and middle class that are gonna be hit.....like ya, punish the ones that are at least trying to be responsible more!!!
beat them down into submissive dependency like they are supposed to be!!!

the two parties are different sides to the same coin, the libs were designated to ensure that the distribution system for the slaves was established, the republicans were designated to ensure that the people were driven into that distribution system... the goal....a mass of slaves and servants willing to do the elites bidding without the hassle of having to feed, clothe and shelter them. the slaves and servants are paying for that themselves, through taxation.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This thread has actually me think that the tide maybe turning.

I joined this site a couple of years ago and read through quite a lot of threads like this back then.

To say I was disgusted by the we have money you don't, tough # you are lazy or stupid attitudes that prevailed back then is an understatement.

I said at the time wealthy people aren't better they are just more fortunate, shame most don't have the intelligence to realise this.

But it seems there are still a couple of ATSers that appear on every have and have not thread spouting the same rubbish.

I'm just wondering where all the rest of the rich club have gone, so scratch what I said in my first sentence, I don't think the tide is turning. I think the really wealthy have already bugged out and left the people that just think they are wealthy (millionaires) to fight the good fight for them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well you dont only have to empower a nation. Eventually you have to hold it back, so that the percentage of aristocrats among the population does not get out of hand, who is going to shine ur shoes else?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by grey580

yes!

Middle class are the biggest consumers in terms of %, and yet they don't get labeled 'job creators'. That's the thing.

People are suckers for clever wording. When people hear 'job creators' they begin to believe that Reganomics just might be super awesome, when in fact it's the problem.
Supply Siders are the ones responsible for class warfare. If supply siders get their way, there will be no middle class. Only an elite class, and a poor working class. Elite class gets all the benefits while the poor working class gets dumped on. Then the elite class will complain about medicare and other programs in order to make the poor seem like leeches in the eyes of other poor people! Its already happening.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
The Democrats want to raise taxes on the upper percent by letting the Bush tax cuts expire on them, but keep the Bush tax cuts on everyone else.

The Republicans want the tax cuts to stay on EVERYONE and if the two sides do not come to an agreement then EVERYONE loses the tax cuts....

Half true...half wrong..

G.O.P. Senators Face Risks Over Proposal on Tax Cuts

By JONATHAN WEISMAN

Published: July 23, 2012

WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans will press this week to extend tax cuts for affluent families scheduled to expire Jan. 1, but the same Republican tax plan would allow a series of tax cuts for the working poor and the middle class to end next year.

Republicans say the tax breaks for lower-income families — passed with little notice in the extensive 2009 economic stimulus law — were always supposed to be temporary.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's all Bush's fault that the rich pay the most taxes and the burden has been taken off of the middle class:

Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes.

In all years since 1990, taxpayers in this group have paid over 94 percent of all individual income taxes.

In 2000, 2001, and 2002, this group paid over 96 percent of the total.

Treasury Department analysts credit President Bush's tax cuts with shifting a larger share of the individual income taxes paid to higher income taxpayers.

In 2005, says the Treasury, when most of the tax cut provisions are fully in effect (e.g., lower tax rates, the $1,000 child credit, marriage penalty relief), the projected tax share for lower-income taxpayers will fall, while the tax share for higher-income taxpayers will rise.
The share of taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers will fall from 4.1 percent to 3.6 percent

The share of taxes paid by the top 1 percent of taxpayers will rise from 32.3 percent to 33.7 percent.

The average tax rate for the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers falls by 27 percent as compared to a 13 percent decline for taxpayers in the top 1 percent.

The White House has announced it will lobby Congress to pass legislation making most of President Bush's tax cutting measures permanent.

Source: U.S. Treasury, Office of Tax Analysis

Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes.

usgovinfo.about.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by grey580

yes!

Middle class are the biggest consumers in terms of %, and yet they don't get labeled 'job creators'. That's the thing.

People are suckers for clever wording. When people hear 'job creators' they begin to believe that Reganomics just might be super awesome, when in fact it's the problem.
Supply Siders are the ones responsible for class warfare. If supply siders get their way, there will be no middle class. Only an elite class, and a poor working class. Elite class gets all the benefits while the poor working class gets dumped on. Then the elite class will complain about medicare and other programs in order to make the poor seem like leeches in the eyes of other poor people! Its already happening.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You just got me thinking.
The real job creaters are the middle class.
Why?

The more disposable income they have. The more they buy.
The more they buy. The more businesses have to increase their manpower to deal with the influx of customer.

The middle class are the real job creators in this country.
The more money you put in their hands. The richer the rich will be.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has agreed to allow up-or-down votes on a pair of proposals to extend the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax rates in a bid to force vulnerable Senate Democrats to go on record supporting President Barack Obama’s plan to extend the rates for all but the top bracket.

www.rollcall.com...

He was trying to fight for the tax cuts for small businesses, but gave in to Reid.....so small businesses will see a tax increase thanks to the Dems. if they take in over $250,000 a year.

Lieberman said. “Just imposing across-the-board tax increases for individuals and small businesses that make over $250,000 a year is neither tax reform nor the balanced deficit-reduction agreement our country needs right now.”

If the Democrats were serious, they’d proceed to a House-originated revenue bill as the Constitution requires,” McConnell said.

The Dems are playing games again trying to make GOP look bad before the election by presenting a bill that isn't even constitutional........smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

You just got me thinking.
The real job creaters are the middle class.
Why?

The more disposable income they have. The more they buy.
The more they buy. The more businesses have to increase their manpower to deal with the influx of customer.

The middle class are the real job creators in this country.
The more money you put in their hands. The richer the rich will be.

Yes. A fact that any economist that doesn't lie on behalf of a right-wing "think" tank learns in Economics or Bus Admin 101.

Banks and businesses DO NOT invest money or hire simply because they are given more money.

The notion that some business that makes widget x will expand/hire to meet demand that does not exist is just idiotic.

Business only hire when Demand/Consumption for thier products rise. And that demand does not rise unless the middle-class is doing well.

Ditto banks...they don't loan money to businesses unless the business is growing...has a growing consumer base.

Give a 1%er more money or a bailout...what the hell do they have to expand for....you just gave them your taxdollars...no businees investment required.

When Middle America has money to spend...everyone is happy....more jobs...more cash flow...and the wealthy get wealthier...

The only difference for the wealthy is that in making money through middle class consumption and demand is that they have to actually invest/risk take/hire/work to grow thier millions/billions, as opposed to simply be financially rewarded for sitting on the fortune...which is what our current tax rate does.

In that context we see the difference between the Steve Jobbs, Bill Gates Billionaires who aquire wealth through innovation and passion and the Mitt Romney and Crew Billionaires who derive thier money from playing shell games with other peoples money (Wall Street).

edit on 31-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Share of National Income

I've seen this chart before... If giving the wealthy a tax break worked, George W Bush would be a genius.. Instead, right after he gave the oil companies the biggest tax break in world history, they gouged us by giving us the highest oil prices in world history, and making the largest profits and profit margins in world history... thats a lot of world history, and its absolutely un0deniable and indisputable... Both sides know that.. Heck, Haliburton lost their contract after being cited for gouging our troops in food and fuel pricing in their no-bid military contract... While their former CEO was in the WH as VP no less!!!!.. Just today a poll is out saying that 4 to 1 CEO's prefer Romney.. That should be a red flag.. Why bite the hand that feeds you!!! They want the gravy train to keep rolling... Wall Street is over 13000 while main street is in the gutter.. !!! The GOP should be ASHAMED!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The GOP has succeeded in killing off the middle class now they just want slaves for the wealthy.

The DEMS are trying to enslave those who earn a living. Those people work or invest their money and the Dems want to steal their money simply because those people earn more. This makes slaves of the workers who earn .. and slaves of those who suck off them. Everyone enslaved.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The current adminstration with Obama care levies over 20 new taxes on the "middle class" from FDR to Johnson to Obama poverty in America is more than it has ever been.

Obama's economic policy can be summed up in three words - trickle up poverty.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Look at Clinton 8 years...the rich have NEVER gotten more richer than any other time in American history, and the middle class and poor got worst

Yeah, because glass-stegal was repealed.

The problem is WE do have a lot of people who just do not have a single ounce of ambition in their bones and spend their who life working crappy jobs that they work way harder than the jobs are worth.

So what are you suggesting? We get rid of capitalism. Without the working poor this country could not work.
edit on 31-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

On January 4, 1995, the new Chairman of the House Banking Committee, Representative James A. Leach (R-IA), introduced a bill to repeal Glass-Steagall Sections 20 and 32.[287] After being confirmed as Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin announced on February 28, 1995, that the Clinton Administration supported such Glass-Steagall repeal.[288] Repeating themes from the 1980s, Leach stated Glass-Steagall was “out of synch with reality”[289] and Rubin argued “it is now time for the laws to reflect changes in the world’s financial system

en.wikipedia.org...

Signed by Clinton yep who are the poverty creators eh?

The setup by the left for the "2008 financial crisis" can all be traced back to the Democrats.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But what is your idea? The one where the wealth transfers from the poor to the rich? The tornado economy that sucks everything to the super rich and keeps it there. You know the reality that is going on right now.

Not that I'm a fan of Obama's plan. I think that the tax should be for people that make a million a year, not 250k.
edit on 31-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The reality of current federal spending of over 2.5 trillion dollars for social programs which supports trickle up poverty.

In over 70 years of social programs people have never been more poor with trillions blown for nothing.

Hasn't work and will never work.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join