It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poverty Creators Plan to Increase Taxes on 22.9 Million Poor and Middle Class Families

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
The top ten percent of earners in the US pay almost all of the taxes in the US.

The middle class and poor don't pay any taxes.

First, I assume that you're talking about income taxes. Secondly, there's a very good reason to have the wealthy carry a larger portion of the debt/budget burden of the country and that's because they hold a larger portion of the nation's wealth. You can't collect money from someone who has none.

With respect to where the nation's wealth currently resides, I would suggest you re-visit this chart previously posted in this thread by another ATSer.

If you expect for the poor to pay more in taxes, first you're going to have to find a way to provide them with more income from which to pay those taxes and according to recent history, those so called "job creators" aren't getting it done.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Tax cuts.... Tax increases...

I think we should force our government first and foremost to live within its means and to stop wasting billions on pork barrel projects.

We need to get our government spending under control before doing anything else.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

yeah. first off a freeze on tax cuts.
And then a review of tax cuts to see what we can cut.

Especially the tax cut for shipping jobs overseas

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Its a way to keep their system from collapse.

I am nobody.

I will continue as a nobody forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by camaro68ss

How about you learn the difference between federal and other taxes?

I'm just blown away by your one line sentence, the 6 stars you received, and you dident even read what I wrote, along with the 6 people that stared you. Wow. This argument is really hopeless.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes they do create jobs. They spend money in the private sector which creates jobs. Jobs are created by having a distribution of wealth among the people - regardless where that wealth is generate from - which allows consumers to purchase goods and grow the economy. Welfare does this, just as much as a chairty organization or a corporation. As long as there is money being passed from one hand, to another, for a produced good, then the economy is moving in the right direction.

The problem with our economy is there is a handful of people at the top that do nothing but utilize their wealth to gain more wealth. This practice of hoarding hurts everyone because that is money which is being kept from the economy. If that money was being spent on goods, that would create jobs - it's pretty simple - and taxes are part of the cycle that keeps this system moving so that our economy doesn't freeze to a halt.

By taking away these social services from the millions of people that have them, you're essentially removing those millions of people from the economy, and all of the goods they purchase. What do you think is going to happen then? Will the top 1% of people pick-up the slack on purchasing those goods for the "good of the economy" or would they add a few more zero's onto their bank account with it, and watch as the market of goods contracts?

If you can't see this reasoning, then you don't understand abstract thinking and how the world works. People with nothing, can purchase nothing, and therefor by giving people something they help create jobs. People with everything don't need to purchase anything new, and therefor don't help to create jobs.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Go for it - but please stop driving on the roads, using the internet, going to parks, or really doing anything but sitting in your house - because I'd like for my taxes go to maintaining our crumbling infrastructure for use and do not feel it's fair that you can use these services while advocating you don't spend a dime on them.

Also - no more electricity for you too.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
linky

The rich need a tax cut?
WTF are the GOP smoking?
Oh and to fund that tax cut they are going to pay for it by taxing the middle class more?

Senator Orin Hatch and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell proposed raising taxes on working families by $11 billion to make room for tax cuts for the wealthy. The two main increases affect poor and moderate income families by eliminating the child tax credit and Earned Income Credit that combined, affect 22.9 million families in 2013 alone. McConnell has complained for weeks that the wealthiest one-percent are unduly punished, and that 98% of the population has to pick up the slack in the Republican version of shared sacrifice. At a time when an overwhelming majority of Americans believe the wealthy should pay higher taxes, Republicans are taking the opposite approach and burdening middle-America to help the 2%.

Again the GOP is showing how out of touch it is with the people of the USA.
Except for the rich of course.

Hating and envying a class of people because they earned more wealth than you will never change your life. Stealing from them by the way of a "rich" tax will not help your plight. Cut taxes for "everyone" and the economy will be unshackled and take off like a rocket sled on wheels. Liberal progressive commies do not understand that government is not the solution to the problem it is the primary cause of the problem.

The attack the rich scheme is just a way for democrats to use class envy and hatred to get votes, just like they do to the blacks who they promise every election to life out of poverty but then turn around and keep them on the plantation living in miserable societal conditions.

I am part of the middle class, working my way up to the wealthy class, because I can. Achievement should not be punished. I choose not to live on everlasting unemployment benefits, food stamps and bogus disability payments.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I am referring to useless projects, like a billion dollar bridge to an island of 1500 people, spenging millions to determine the flow rate of ketchup, spending as much money as we do on the department of education when we could use that money instead to get more money to local schools / colleges / scholarships etc etc etc..

But by all means keep making fun of the problem without thnking it through th the end.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

linky

The rich need a tax cut?
WTF are the GOP smoking?
Oh and to fund that tax cut they are going to pay for it by taxing the middle class more?

Senator Orin Hatch and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell proposed raising taxes on working families by $11 billion to make room for tax cuts for the wealthy. The two main increases affect poor and moderate income families by eliminating the child tax credit and Earned Income Credit that combined, affect 22.9 million families in 2013 alone. McConnell has complained for weeks that the wealthiest one-percent are unduly punished, and that 98% of the population has to pick up the slack in the Republican version of shared sacrifice. At a time when an overwhelming majority of Americans believe the wealthy should pay higher taxes, Republicans are taking the opposite approach and burdening middle-America to help the 2%.

Again the GOP is showing how out of touch it is with the people of the USA.
Except for the rich of course.

Holy crap that got spun so freaking off from the truth that it is actually funny to read, but I see it makes you mad as if it was real....

Lets look at this statement...lol

Senator Orin Hatch and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell proposed raising taxes on working families by $11 billion to make room for tax cuts for the wealthy.

The Democrats want to raise taxes on the upper percent by letting the Bush tax cuts expire on them, but keep the Bush tax cuts on everyone else. The Republicans want the tax cuts to stay on EVERYONE and if the two sides do not come to an agreement then EVERYONE loses the tax cuts....

Now let's rewrite this statement above. The Democrats are willing to raise taxes on all Americans if they do not get their way.

Spin Spin Spin...lol

I can't believe people really believe all this crap... Wait you must be working for the Obama campaign, there is no other answer as to why you might even slightly believe the spin.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Hating and envying a class of people because they earned more wealth than you will never change your life. Stealing from them by the way of a "rich" tax will not help your plight. Cut taxes for "everyone" and the economy will be unshackled and take off like a rocket sled on wheels. Liberal progressive commies do not understand that government is not the solution to the problem it is the primary cause of the problem.

The attack the rich scheme is just a way for democrats to use class envy and hatred to get votes, just like they do to the blacks who they promise every election to life out of poverty but then turn around and keep them on the plantation living in miserable societal conditions.

I am part of the middle class, working my way up to the wealthy class, because I can. Achievement should not be punished. I choose not to live on everlasting unemployment benefits, food stamps and bogus disability payments.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

They can make all the money they want.
I'm not saying they shouldn't .
But should the rich be getting a tax cut? no.

Who makes the rich rich? The middle class.
They more money the middle class has to spend. The more stuff they can buy from the rich.
Makes sense?

And if you would of read some of what i posted before. I'm for a flat tax. 20% for everyone. fair is fair.
and I'm a moderate.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

If you expect for the poor to pay more in taxes, first you're going to have to find a way to provide them with more income from which to pay those taxes and according to recent history, those so called "job creators" aren't getting it done.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

70% of those incomes below 95% get their jobs from the upper 5%.....

But then if people don't work, don't want to work...never worked I'm sure the spread is growing on them making nothing and the upper 2% making more....

People just need to realize there are many in America who really put little or no effort in getting a head and I think that really skews the numbers.

It's interesting to see that the biggest change for the rich was the 8 years under Clinton (30% to 100%) and that least increases are under Republicans....go figure....hehe
edit on 30-7-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And if you would of read some of what i posted before. I'm for a flat tax. 20% for everyone. fair is fair.
and I'm a moderate.

I'm with you, but 20% is a little extreme... I'm for 4% to 15% based on your income. There is a better way than to tax the rich 39% and the lower 50% nothing....

Another thing....increasing taxes on the rich with pay for our Government to run for 8 total days...not much of anything when you look at it, but many here are frothing at the mouths about how the rich got it so easy..I guess Obama cool aid taste good.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If I had a dollar for every time I got accused of being a paid shill, I would be the 1%.

Don't worry Beezzer, the shills are easy to spot. I see a few of them now scattered amongst the Obummer worshippers and I can see, you ain't one of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The GOP wants to destroy the middle class. They want us all to be slaves. Their economic systems is identical to that of a plantation.

Actually no, at-least at a plantation most slave owners paid for their slaves healthcare

edit on 30-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm so sick of this "all poor people are lazy" garbage propaganda

Poor people have some of the most labor intensive jobs there are

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchesfromwall
And can the other average joe or jane help that there are those that stupid?

edit on 30-7-2012 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

huh?

second line

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What a bunch of BS..opinion article written by a liberal source for of inflammatory lies.

The income level they are talking about don't even pay taxes and don't even use the income tax credits.....some of us are not that stupid to fall for these stunts.

I will back tomorrow for all the facts for you after I get some sleep.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Poor people have some of the most labor intensive jobs there are

You know I agree with you..... to a point....

When I was 18 I told my dad that I bust my ass and I'm making nothing for all my hard work. He asked me a simple question, "what do you think your job should pay?" I said about what I earn. You see it was a job that I got with zero skills needed and they taught me some simple skills to do it. All I brought with me was some consistency in showing up to work on time and doing my work as best I could, but still one needs to ask what is the job really worth?

After that I spent my life improving my education and more importantly my skills to make me more valuable to the work force. It paid off after 30 plus years of working and I'm in the top 5% of earnings. The problem is WE do have a lot of people who just do not have a single ounce of ambition in their bones and spend their who life working crappy jobs that they work way harder than the jobs are worth. We also have people, like my sister, who don't work at all and spend their life living week to week.

I find both of these situations as a living hell but there are 10 MILLIONS of Americans that just do it with no care to improve their lives in anyway. Obama comes along and creates class warfare out of thin air and has so many calling the super rich evil when the true fact is their lives and ours might as well be on a different planets, and their wealth has about as much influence in our lives as what we do has in theirs, but it is so much easier to blame some rich person for our failings than to look in the mirror and see who is really at fault as to the whether we are successful or not.

Obama wants people to think the government will take care of them, the Government will give away things for free....nothing is free, but people don't care they just want a life where they live on subsidies provided by the Government and Obama is willing to offer anything they want to hear. In the end they will be poorer after 8 years of Obama because he cannot deliver his pipe dreams, but then he just wants the vote.

Look at Clinton 8 years...the rich have NEVER gotten more richer than any other time in American history, and the middle class and poor got worst. I personally was worst off in 1999 than in 1991 and so was 99% of America, but it seems no one cares to see that and just keep living their Obama pipe dream that they will get something for nothing...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

People will not riot in the streets until food stamps and medicaid are cut! You would think instead of rioting in the streets though, they might be rioting on the white house lawn or in the senate! Instead of going after the super rich and their crony cooks in DC they will prey on each other! When this happens I will laugh some crazy insane laugh and find a tall building because i will finally give up on this ignorant society ever waking up to realize their best interest is change implimented through revolution!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join