It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Beleave?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Fairy is a strong word. Some folks are just a
little lite in the loafers.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well,I'am not a big believer in elves,but I did find their history.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I believe that if one person believes something then it exists in some part of the multiverse however small that part may be. Basically if you believe truley believe something then somewhere it exists. So yes, I think elves, dragons, satyrs, etc, exist (just maybe not in this universe).

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
SALEM -
No, Tolkien was only the FRICKEN MASTER of fantasy literature. That's all.

I don't know exactly where belief in "Faeries" begins, but its ancient, that's for sure. I've done some reading on fairy folklore and other critters, and I look at everything with the perspective of "it has some basis in fact." And every phenomenon does, from dragons to flying saucers.

more to come....

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Muffin MAn
Are Elves real or not? Voice your opinion about the subject.
If beleave that they are real...tell me what you know about them. If you don't think they are real tell me why.

Well, Heck, yes, He was real. I have a whole lot of his albums.
And he isn't dead. He's on the Motehr Ship jammin' with Jerry Garcia!

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
it is arrogant to believe or disbelieve anything(besides math). i think we've all seen the matrix by now. whether or not you believe, you have to admit that it's a viable scenario.
time is not linear, so there is no "long time ago". it is only your perception which is changing, -your point of view, or point of consciousness, or godspark or whatever other label you prefer.
and then there's those zany machine elves. electronic life form.
i don't disbelieve in elves.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Excuse me if i'm wrong but... Is it tolkien who created elves ?

Well, He did created the Elves you read about in his books. The tall beautiful creatures who still look young when they have adges a thousand years and who can only be killed by deep sorrow or if they are slain... He created those for his own mythology.

he did however get inspiration from norse and Celtic mythology for them, both mythologies where great sources of inspiration for him. In Norse folklore, where you most often hear about elves, the elves were originally the spirits of the dead. Later they where spoken of as supernatural creatures, shaped as humans, only a lot shorter. The thing about Light Elves (Calaquendi in Tolkien's world) and Dark Elves (moriquendi in Tolkien's world) is also taken from norse mythology, but the difference is that in norse mythology the dark elves where ugly as hell... in Tolkiens mythology all elves are fair. The difference between norse and Celtic elves is that the Celtic elves are the size of humans.

So Tolkien did not create elves by himself... but he did create the version of elves you read about in his books.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by AntiSystem]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Elves... uhh like Santa's Elves?

or more like
Wood/High/Dark Elves?

and no I don't believe in these vulcan eared myths.

Might as well say Kobolds are real from germanic legends.

And if they are real, then Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Ogres, Liches, Zombies must be real.

I don't believe in Santa, so I don't believe in his elves, or tinkerbell.

just my 2 cents, youre welcomed to believe whatever you wish.

For all I know I could be wrong, then again I might be right.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Have you ever seen one... thought so!!

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I believe in Skadi!

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I thought it said Elvis.

I don't beleave or believe in elves, but, that means nothing until the existence is proven or disproven.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join