It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petroaus: The Ancient Egyptian Link with Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
When looking at the pictures and information below, it appears that some Ancient Egyptians may have made a journey to Australia. If they did, how, and why they may have done this is still to be speculated upon, but from the pictures, the petraglyphs do have a distintive Egyptian look to them. While looking for any additional information on these stone carvings, I did see in a blog that it may be that these Egytians could have been lost at sea and arrived in Australia by accident.

Source

There about 250 stone carvings that have been part of the local folklore of the area for nearly a century with reports of people who sighted them as far back as the early 1900's. The site was secretly visited by families "in the know" in the 1950's and fell back into local mythology for a couple of decades until it was accidentally rediscovered by a man looking for his lost dog.

The carvings are in a rock cleft, a large block of split sandstone on a cliff-face that has created a small chasm or "chamber" of two flat stone walls facing each other that widens out from two to four metres and is covered in by a huge flat rock as a "roof" at the narrow end. The cleft is most cave-like and only accessible by a small rock chute from above or below, well disguised from the average bush-walker.

When you first come up the rock chute and climb into the stone hallway you are immediately confronted by a number of worn carvings that are obviously ancient Egyptian symbols. These are certainly not your average Aboriginal animal carvings, but something clearly alien in the Australian bush setting. At the end of the chamber, protected by the remaining section of stone roof, is a remarkable third-life sized carving of the ancient Egyptian god Anubis, the Judge of the Dead.

Egyptologist Ray Johnson, who had translated extremely ancient texts for the Museum of Antiquities in Cairo eventually was successful in documenting and translating the two facing walls of Egyptian characters - which stemmed from the Third Dynasty. They allegedly chronicle a tragic saga of ancient explorers shipwrecked in a strange and hostile land, and the untimely death of their royal leader, "Lord Djes-eb".

A group of three cartouches (framed clusters of glyphs) record the name of "RA-JEDEF" as reigning King of the Upper and Lower Nile, and son of 'Khufu' who, in turn, is son of the King 'Sneferu'. This dates the expedition just after the reign of King Khufu (Cheops) alleged builder of the Great Pyramid. Lord Djes-eb may have actually been one of the sons of the Pharaoh Ra Djedef, who reigned after Khufu. Egyptian Dynasties

The hieroglyphic text was apparently written under the instruction of a ship's captain or similar, with the corner glyph on the wall displaying the title of a high official or chief priest. The scribe is speaking for his Highness, the Prince, from this wretched place where we were carried by ship. The expedition's leader, is described in the inscriptions as the King's son, 'Lord Djes-eb', who came to grief a long way from home. The hieroglyphics sketch his journey and his tragic demise. Burial rituals, prayers and preparations are described.

For two seasons he made my way westward, weary, but strong to the end.
Always praying, joyful, and smiting insects.
He, the servant of God, said God brought the insects.
Have gone around hills and deserts, in wind and rain, with no lakes at hand.
He was killed while carrying the Golden Falcon Standard up front in a foreign land, crossing mountains, desert and water along the way.
He, who died before, is here laid to rest.
May he have life everlasting. He is never again to stand beside the waters of the Sacred Mer. Mer meaning 'love'.
There was a moat around the pyramid called the "waters of Mer".
The second facing wall, which was much more seriously eroded, details the tragedy further.
This wall begins with the badly eroded glyph of a snake (Heft), with a glyph of jaws (to bite) and the symbol for 'twice'.
The snake bit twice.
Those followers of the diving Lord 'Khufu', mighty one of Lower Egypt, Lord of the Two Adzes, not all shall return.
We must go forward and not look back.
All the creek and river beds are dry. Our boat is damaged and tied up with rope.
Death was caused by snake.
We gave egg-yolk from the medicine-chest and prayed to Amen, the Hidden One, for he was struck twice.
We walled in the side entrance to the chamber with stones from all around.
We aligned the chamber with the Western Heavens.
The three doors of eternity were connected to the rear end of the royal tomb and sealed in.
We placed beside it a vessel, the holy offering, should he awaken from the tomb.
Separated from home is the Royal body and all others.
Here is inscribed the extraordinary story of the death and burial of 'Lord Djes-eb' one of the sons of the Pharaoh Ra Djedef.

archaeologica.boardbot.com...

The Tel Amarna library gives us a pretty fair indication of Egyptians running Canaan in the 14th century BC and Thutmose III overran the largest empire that Egypt had ever attained.

I also got the impression that this was not any sort of organized effort but rather a group which got blown off course and ended up in Australia.

I have yet to come up with much additional information on this story, or any real Archeological research into the stone carvings. If anyone has any knowledge of this topic, I would love to know what you think.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i think the old world technology surpassed our current tech it is foolish to think there boat got lost and they ended up in australia the bird next to the missle shaped carving ment they flew there
edit on 30-7-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

ATS has been there before... many times

heres the first link... www.abovetopsecret.com...

i have personally visited this site, and it is awesome...

it is on the central coast, north of sydney
seeya

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
more ATS threads on this topic here...

www.abovetopsecret.com... (2002)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (2006)

it is thought that a "crazy loner" carved them in the 1950s and 60s...

have U seen the "sphynx" at Bobbin Head?
it was carved by a WWI veteren on his return from Egypt...for therapy...

seeya

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

My ATS search capabilities must be weak this morning. I didn't come up with anything.

Do you know if any conclusion has ever been reached as to the authenticity of these carvings?

Thanks for the additional ATS links. I'm reading them now.

edit on 30-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I live within 10 minutes walking distance of the location of this 'carvings' which are located in a suburb called Kariong in New South Wales, Australia.

Until 2 years ago I had never heard of them. I have been to Egypt and marveled at the real petroglyphs which are magnificent. A local amateur attempt are comical compared to the real stuff. In fact in the 1970's the local council ranger, could the person who was practicing their skill in the bush, not far from there homestead, which still exists today about 1.2 kilometres from the natural rock formation.

To imagine some lost tribe of Egyptians would navigate a water way somewhat inland, let along cross the pacific to chisel out from some hard sandstone is a bit hard to believe.

Looks like somebody saw some Egyptian drawings in a book and had too much time on their hands.

Believe it or not....
edit on 30-7-2012 by sherlock666 because: typo's

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I really hope that this is true. The tale supposedly spun by the glyphs is really quite stirring. I'd hate to have my heart strings tugged like that only to find out it is a fake.

Nothing makes this story impossible though. People have been sailing a very long time and it is quite possible to sail a very long distance in many craft people have built throughout the ages. The Egyptians probably had picked up the tricks of open sea sailing and navigation over time and surely young princes have gone on risky expeditions before.

To me the story is plausible, even if I would want an expert to try to confirm the age of those carvings.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi i have a booklet that was given to me a couple of years ago. It is by a guy named Len Fulton ,it has a what ithink is a copywrite mark on it .Does that mean i cant reproduce it but can still talk about it i hope.It is called Australian history and treasure before james cook.It is about possible buried treasure and stuff from Egypt and he proposes that the Egyptians brought their breed of dog and it has since become wild here. I will try to post some pics (if i can fluke it again) form the booklet .Is that allowed since he has a copywrite mark inside the front cover .

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The booklet i have is not about New south wales it is about southern coast .He was doing some digging literaly and was stopped .Excuse my spelling i am a one finger typer and i really love words i am just to lazy to get the dic and check.Does anyone know if i am ok to take phots of booklet and pics inside and try post? cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sherlock666

While it is very possible that someone in recent times carved these rocks, the one thing that makes me curious is that if the translations are accurate (of which I am unsure), whoever did this would have to have a fair amount of knowledge in Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. I would think that if anyone has ever done any real research into it, it would be obvious if errors where made making the carvings. Again, I'm uncertain if there is any real research into this, or if it has been proven to be a hoax. The story in itself is not to unbelievable, and does have possibilities of being true. It would be nice to know what the truth behind these carvings really is.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

As long as you state the name of the book, author, and publisher, I believe it's ok to post them. I would really like to see what's in your booklet. It sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Help how do i get the pics from my computers eyecam to here ,i see that there is a image button but i clicked that and i am asked for a url? I really got lucky the day i did my avatar but this is different
cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Go to Tools, Then ATS Uploads, Click the Select Image File, and you should be able to upload the image to ATS. Select the picture after it is uploaded, copy the code under "use in a post", and paste it into your post.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Ok i got it to upload to ats and wrote down on a piece of paper the bit where it says use in a post what do i do now never pasted before sorry bout this
cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
]7s[picm5016a8b8.JPG[/] picwell typing it her didn't work?

edit on 30-7-2012 by my1percent because: my post upload didnt work

edit on 30-7-2012 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Where it shows the code, left click a couple times to highlight the entire code,then right click and select copy. In your post, right click again, and select paste. It should put the code into you post....If not you can manually type in the code like it was shown and it should still work.

Edit your post where the second [pic] is, and insert a / before the p, and it should work.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I got the first one and stuck again still trying

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here is some more

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here is more

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't know if you have seen this article,but I will provide a link.

Very interesting stuff.

"the oz - egyptian enigma"

members.ozemail.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join