It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not your average E.T. proof - better than visuals if true

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by easy12

Haha, fair enough, I concede that it is indeed more creative!

I was kind of hoping there was some truth in it, but it seems not. The whole wiki article stinks, and the links to offsite content (from the wiki article), even say the wiki article is inaccurate regarding the spelling of the name.

There is a form of Older German that it could 'possibly' derive from, but then the whole 12k years and such is moot, so therefore still very dubious at best.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

...and once again further proving my theory.

"There is ALWAYS one in EVERY thread and usually within the first few posts but ALWAYS
ALWAYS ALWAYS on the first page".

Thanks for being 'that one'.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
EvD's explanation was, afair, that they had given the "story" from grandparent to grandchildren when it was first written down in medieval times.

Still would like to know if an american citizen can have a look into registration office of Philadelphia to debunk it once and for all.

And how could he appear in guinness book of records if it's all bogus? Don't they check the credentials of the people who claim something that extraordinary before they publish it?

The question "what if" remains in the back of my mind

edit on 30-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by easy12

So it was given down the generations, we have to assume, twelve thousand years (years quoted in name in OP), until it was finally written down in Medieval times (eleven thousand years)?

So how does that equate, when only one thousand years before (at most) there was no Germanic word for "Ship" as in "star ship"? Not to mention all those other words...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You'd think my original post might interest you given your user name?

Amatuer indeed

edit on 30-7-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Are you requesting my personal thoughts on your picture?

I am more than willing to give you my opinion, when you have created a thread or the picture is of some relevance to whatever thread you post it in. Let me know via u2u when you have done it.

As for your last statement, I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, and actually saying I am not an amateur (thus a professional). Or you are reaffirming the fact that, I am indeed an amateur at watching the sky (hence my name).

Either way, I am not quite sure what your point is?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Wolfeschlegelstein­hausenbergerdorff

vor altern waren gewissenhaft schafers wessen schafe waren wohl gepflege und sorgfaltigkeit
(before olders were conscientious shepherd whose sheeps were well care and circumspection)

beschutzen von angreifen durch ihr raubgierig feinde welche vor altern zwolftausendjahres vor an die erscheinen
(protect against rapacious attacker who appeared in ages twelvethousand years before )

wander erste erdemensch der raumschiff gebrauch lichtals sein ursprung von kraft gestart sein lange fahrt­hin

zwischen sternartig raum auf der suche nach die stern welche gehabt bewohnbar planeten kreise drehen sich

und wohin der neu rasse von verstandig menschlichkeit konnte fortplanzen und sich erfreuen an lebenslanglich

freude und ruhe mit nicht ein furcht vor angreifen von anderer intelligent geschopfs von hin zwischen­ sternartigraum

---

Here is a part of a rough translation... but I stopped cause my ears were bleeding cause it was screaming HOAX so loud!
Old German? I am sure the words `Raumschiff` (spaceship) and bewohnbar (habitable) are pretty new to the german language...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

Bingo! Star for you!

Modern German, written in an Old Germanic form.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by easy12

That is how people used to be referred to though. That was how you could tell all the similar named people apart.

Look at the rest of the world. Their words and names actually have meanings . They aren't just sounds that we use , they actually tell details , information , and stories.

This makes more sense than anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Anyone attempted to translate into another language besides english?

In order to even figure out if you can call this a hoax or not, you'd have to figure out if any of these words or letters were changed throughout the long history they've been through.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
for completeness i will try to translate the rest of what rocket88 started as it is the most interesting part still to come. Not full logic sentences, just the single words:

wan der erste erdemensch der raumschiff gebrauch licht als sein ursprung von kraft gestart sein lange fahrt­hin ==>>as the first earthhuman that spaceship use light as its source of power started its long journey to

zwischen sternartig raum auf der suche nach die stern welche gehabt bewohnbar planeten kreise drehen sich
==>>between starlike room on the search to the stars wich had habitable planets circles turning

und wohin der neu rasse von verstandig menschlichkeit konnte fortplanzen und sich erfreuen an lebenslanglich
==>>and where the new race of understanding? humanity could breed and could enjoy lifelong

freude und ruhe mit nicht ein furcht vor angreifen von anderer intelligent geschopfs von hin zwischen­ sternartigraum
==>>happyness and rest with not one fear of attackers from other intelligent creatures from between star alike room
---

Fact is that nobody in germany would speak like that no matter what today

Still would like to know if its possible for anyone here from the states to have a free look into registration office of Philadelphia to debunk it.
And if its not real, are the publishers of that famous world record book really that sloppy with their research? Maybe someone has one of these books at home?

edit on 30-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am German and the entire name is a story but told in the wrong syntax.
Exactly the way my english friends try to speak german...everything is upside down and in the wrong place.
Furthermore words like RAUMSCHIFF/space ship didn't exist as there was no such concept.
If at all,they would have said HIMMELSSCHIFF/heaven ship.
Also,I don't trust Daniken anymore...according to one of his books,he knows where an Inca boy(time traveller,he claims)lives in Germany or Austria....don't care to remember.
He would sell his grandmother for a few bucks!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
As a native German, i can tell you that nothing in that name sounds "old" by a long shot, so i highly doubt this name was given "from generation to generation". Reading that silly stuff, it reads actually like some contemporary piece of art, maybe a few decades old but not older. It just the words, the flow and the general context which make it look and sound as something rather new.

In contrast, i could dig out any random, antique book or scripture with genuinely old German or germanic language, from the mliddle ages etc...or just from 100 years ago, it would read completely and entirely different.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by silversurfer6161
I am German and the entire name is a story but told in the wrong syntax.
Exactly the way my english friends try to speak german...everything is upside down and in the wrong place.

Yes, exactly. It's like some of my friends in the US make up a sentence like "Fahrvergnügenindieautobahnvonschnitzelbankoktoberfestundbittenocheinbier"...so yes, if it were genuine German it would at least make sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join