It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Nanny Bloomberg now hiding baby formula!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by natters

I think it's good as long as it's not militant. Hiding the formula is not akin to banning the formula.

Yeah. Let's hide the posting button and claim it's not akin to banning people from posting here. This is nothing but very crude doublespeak. Sadly, this is where we are. People fall for this nonsense. The population is this dumbed down.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Sounds to me like a way to ensure the chemicals in mom end up in the baby. Formula is too regulated to get the chemicals in to without raising eyebrows, so why not dose mom, then force mom to breastfeed.

I dont have evidence for this, just a thought... maybe i need a break from ATS lol

Quite an interesting line of reasoning. I hadn't even thought of that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Sounds to me like a way to ensure the chemicals in mom end up in the baby. Formula is too regulated to get the chemicals in to without raising eyebrows, so why not dose mom, then force mom to breastfeed.

I dont have evidence for this, just a thought... maybe i need a break from ATS lol

Quite an interesting line of reasoning. I hadn't even thought of that.

But do we know what kind of regulations exist on formula? Or have we seen any analysis proving that these types of chemicals you worry about are not being intentionally or accidentally added to the formula itself? We know evil things happen in food processing factories on stuff fed to adults, how can we be sure not with the formula as well. And if the formula was bad, are you actually tasting it before you give it to your infant?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Urgh, I don't really agree with this ruling but my god, some of you have no goddamn idea what really goes into breast-milk.

1. You can eat whatever the hell you want. Unless your baby has food allergies which is gonna be a pain in your ass because you are going to have to take out a food one at a time to figure out what is causing the problem.
2. You can drink Coffee, you just can't drink a lot. You really shouldn't be drinking a whole friggin pot anyway. two to three won't hurt, if your baby acts nuts I'd cut back, but I can't have it anyway cause caffeine makes me ill.
3.Even you eat like crap the kid will get what they need. Most research shows diet does not affect breast milk much.
kellymom.com...
4. Duh, no hard drugs.
5. It is a myth that your kid can drink more milk than you can make. Your body will catch up during a growth spurt and you will make more milk the more your kid nurses. Most women quit because they have to go back to work. There is nothing easy about breastfeeding. I'mma say this:Get a boppy pillow and be ready to sit on ass for the first 2 months.
edit on 1-8-2012 by antonia because: opps

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join