It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong God? What Now?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is for the people here who follow a diety such as Jesus, Allah etc.

What happens when you die and find out that you've been praying to the wrong god for all you're existance? You'v been cussing him/her and hating on his/hers followers. What then? What is you're excuse?

I'm not asking why your god is THE god, please answer my question. Mods, if the thread starts going in that directin close this and please keep posts on topic. What if your prayign to the wrong god, what is your excuse as to why you have been prayign to a none existant diety/god?

Do we have any takers on this question? When I ask this in person they shrug their shoulders and basicly agree with everything I'm saying. Lets see how this develops

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I don't follow religions but I still will ask the question....what if we are wrong?
The funny thing about it all,is that religion is like a lottery...we all hope we have the right one.

To be the devil's advocate...what if I or you are wrong??

Its like picking a number from 1 to a million and hoping you have the right number.
Yes or no??

I think it is too complex to give a simple answer.

edit on 30-7-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That's what I often wonder, everyone is so convinced that their religion is right. What ever is true, there are a LOT of people wrong, so why can't it be them? Chances are it is.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Agnosticism > All.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Agnosticism > All.

Kind of Ironic that I say sitting on the fence will get you caught in the crossfire, yet im Agnostic. But I feel bene on the fence and fiding your self through your own ideals, not others - is the best way to leade your life. Goodness comes from the heart and isnt an action which is a process of thought, whereas following other peoples ideals is trying "to be good"

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

If it somehow turned out that I was following the wrong Deity I wouldn't worry about it. I have always been respectful of other religions and people of different beliefs as my family and friends are of many different belief systems that range all over the board. Christian, Hindu, Pagan, Shamanistic, Agnostic, Atheist, Mormon, Budhist, even a Muslim. Why do we all get along? Because we share the same core values outside of our religious beliefs and respect each others freedom to choose which religion (or lack of) is right for each of us. I even have a few relatives that believe we ALL worship the SAME Deity- we just each have our own "take" on Him or Her.

Personally I am Christian. If in the end that turns out to be the "wrong" path I don't regret it. My beliefs have enriched my life in more ways than I could possibly ever count and helped to mold me into the person that I am. I will never regret that in any way!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

What happens when you die and find out that you've been praying to the wrong god for all you're existance? You'v been cussing him/her and hating on his/hers followers. What then? What is you're excuse?

First off, if you're cussing and hating other people just for subscribing to a different faith, I think you've likely got bigger problems to worry about come judgement day than "Why were you following someone else?".

Secondly, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I believe most of the faiths - differences of details aside - offer pretty much the same directions: be kind, forgiving, humble, etc. As long as a person has sincerely been following the precepts of their faith and not merely using it as a false veneer of righteousness to excuse their human failings (as is most often the case), then I believe whatever deity ends up being the right one - in our hypothetical case here - would likely judge those people according to the light they were given as affects the truth as they know it.

In short, if I'm wrong and Allah or Brahma happen to be the "true" or supreme god...I'm not too worried about where I'll fall. I think the people who SAY they have a belief system but don't live up to it will always be most at odds, however the chips fall.

Take care.
edit on 7/30/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Haha, I dont believe in God, but if i were to die and find out Superman was God...

There's nothing I could do apart from DEAL with it

I guess that applies to everyone, in every situ.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I seriously doubt, any of our religions will be able to say..."we told you so". Even if some of the events from the Bible or Kuuran are true...I'm sure no real God is behind it. Only human imagination coupled with the fear of it's own mortality, creating the savior, in order for the life to have meaning to them.

As for the "wrong God" realization...I don't think that happens...even if there is some after death religious experience. Since there is no right or wrong religion...all who die will experience it according to it's own beliefs. Mad blind faith is very powerful.

There will be no entity coming to you and telling you that you believed in the wrong God.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My G@D IS A GOD OF LOVE, COMPASSION ,THATS IT .I USE NO NAME ON EARTH.
IT IS THE ACTIONS NOT THE NAME.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The only "deity" I have been openly cursing is "Satan, Lucifer, Devil" whatever you wish to call him.

I don't think I'm wrong about that one.

As for all the other faiths. There is a difference between blind faith and active faith. No matter what your religion, if you keep seeking, you will find the truth. You will find the one true creator.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
This is for the people here who follow a diety such as Jesus, Allah etc.

I'm not asking why your god is THE god, please answer my question. Mods, if the thread starts going in that directin close this and please keep posts on topic. What if your prayign to the wrong god, what is your excuse as to why you have been prayign to a none existant diety/god?

Do we have any takers on this question? When I ask this in person they shrug their shoulders and basicly agree with everything I'm saying. Lets see how this develops

Star and flag for a controversial topic. I myself have given a lot of thought to this question, what if one is wrong in the end? Well, I don't think it matters. The True Divine Father and Mother are that which is our Souls, after all, and they live though us, here on Earth. That which is our Human Soul was not created and placed so slavery would happen. It is true that as Souls we are trapped within these bodies for the duration of life, but upon Death we can escape and be free. We can even escape and be free artificially for short periods of time through Astral Projection. I do this often, and never really want to come back again after experiencing some of the things I encounter.

To sum up, when one encounters Death, stands at the River Styx, kicks the bucket, pulls the croak chain.....the first thought is, I am dead. The rest of the thoughts are yours alone. Will your religion help you here? I don't think so, you are on your own.
The "Light" will send you to wherever you wish to go, so choose carefully, before you stand there and have to decide. In other words, make your Afterlife choices now, and don't be afraid that you chose the wrong God, or practised the wrong religion. Life is all about choices, we make them every day from the minute we wake up. We are supposed to learn from our mistakes, not repeat them over and over.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If it matters to the god because the god has ego/pride then the god is not worth becoming as one with or even being friendly with. If the god is loving/helpful then it will answer any great need if it is appropiate to intervene not matter a persons view.

I do not follow god as much as I follow devine highest ideal of egoless behaviour in both me and my surrounding and expect the god to be better than me with it since, he/she have extreamly more information/knowledge than I do and do not need to live in a dualitybased world shaped by my experiances on this dualitybased world. I choose my friends carefully and will not be a friend to something that bullies me no matter how much power it has.

But above is only my mind making a point. I do not need to worry about these issues since I know something unknown by the fruits it have shown and it is all as good as it can be at this moment.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by n00bUK

I don't follow religions but I still will ask the question....what if we are wrong?
The funny thing about it all,is that religion is like a lottery...we all hope we have the right one.

To be the devil's advocate...what if I or you are wrong??

Its like picking a number from 1 to a million and hoping you have the right number.
Yes or no??

I think it is too complex to give a simple answer.

edit on 30-7-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

I know that I will not get everything right since I have to little information so why bother caring to much about being 100% right. If god need me to understand then I will be taught. Keep the golden rule and think for yourself.

I am not sure but I would not be supprised if below is not a secret commandmant from god:
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry

edit on 30-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I believe that they will wet themselves and then soil their pants……

Then they will turn against their ‘untrue god’ like a bipolar schizophrenic marshmallow…….

Then they will beg forgiveness from our alien ancestors……

I just really hope that I am in close proximity to a ‘incorrect follower’ when this happens so I can laugh and laugh

Mickierocksman

top topics

join