It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Informants Speak Out: Eric Holder's DOJ Is Ignoring Child Sex-Trafficking Victims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

FBI Informants Speak Out: Eric Holder's DOJ Is Ignoring Child Sex-Trafficking Victims

town hall.com

Brandon Darby, previously an FBI informant, is speaking out on the DOJ's hesitancy to help human trafficking victims, particularly minors. Read more of his shocking account.

I learned that the majority of law enforcement agencies did not take on human trafficking investigations due to complications arising from interacting with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Agencies that received federal funding were required by federal law to inform ICE of any such investigations and cooperate with them. Unfortunately, ICE would frequently act unilaterally and raid the facility that was being inve
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This Story and the allegations within it are simply stunning. Holder's DOJ is turning a blind eye towards these human trafficking cases. Especially cases involving the sexual trafficking of minors. Cases involving minors are supposed to be flagged for immediate attention and in some instances, it is alleged that reports were altered after the fact to delete the "minor" status from the report altogether. Eliminating the "minor" details from the report takes the "heat" and urgency off of the case.

We've got a big problem within this particular DOJ run by Holder. Case after case we continue to uncover a total dereliction of duty.

More to come....

town hall.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is a very complicated case so, I will post just a bit more from the investigation. Even retribution against "agents"

Laster and I presented dozens of cases to the FBI. Many of the cases involved minors who were being forced to have sex with adults for monetary reasons under the threat of violence from human traffickers. Special Agent X worked diligently to record our information and initiate investigations. Laster and I educated ourselves further on guidelines and protocols that the DOJ used in handling such cases. We felt assured by our research that it was a matter of law and a matter of internal policy that the FBI had to investigate and act on cases where minors were identified as being involved. All seemed well.

An Unwilling DOJ

But the majority of the cases we worked on with Special Agent X never turned into investigations for the FBI—even the ones involving children that the FBI was mandated to act on. Special Agent X was shipped to a different part of the United States and was forbidden to work on human trafficking issues any further, even though the guidelines had been followed. I was deactivated without cause (meaning in good standing). As of press time, the new special agent assigned to Laster returned her call but hasn’t communicated with her about the cases. Laster has also not been fully reimbursed by the FBI for time and expenses she incurred at its request.

townhall.com...

I'm still trying to get my head around this. Time for ATS to put it's heads together.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

They have an excuse, too (whether you choose to accept it or not is up to you, i suppose): When there is a minor involved they have to alert ICE, who then goes all LLLEEEEERRRROOOOOYYYYY JENKINS!, charges in, and raids the place. I am sure no one likes to be in a party with Leroy Jenkins, right? So they have to placate their intellectually compromised partner in law enforcement.

To me, this seems like one of the worst excuses ever. So, ICE acts stupid and messes up your investigation....why do you not do something about it? I know why...in a government job, it isn't about making radical changes for the better, like in the private sector. In government, it is all about toeing the line, putting in your time, and collecting your pension. Whoever points out that there is a Leroy Jenkins in the party will suddenly become the pariah. Part of the culture of secrecy you see in authoritarian agencies.

It is unfortunate that so many Americans live under the illusion that our various police agencies are working for the good of the people and possess the minimal competencies that they are wrongfully given credit for.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The ICE component is amazing considering how they deflated ongoing investigations (on purpose??) Even worse, the FBI can trump ICE in the pyramid of power and failed miserably with the help of the DOJ.

As an apex law enforcement agency, they were not required by federal law to notify ICE in the same way that local or state agencies were required. The issues were much more complex with the FBI. The FBI was able to launch investigations on their own, thus ensuring a thorough investigation with proper charges would be possible for the perpetrators of such modern-day human slavery. Unfortunately, the FBI lacked the proper resources and ability to provide the short-term and intermediate safe shelter for the victims they and their informants rescued. The FBI was dependent on the U.S. Attorneys’ Office to designate the victims as witnesses before resources were available to the victims. This dependence on the U.S. Attorneys’ Office for short-term and intermediate resources seemed to be the clog preventing freedom and safety for many trafficking victims based on my research and the FBI agents and assistant U.S. attorneys I spoke with. Human traffickers often targeted illegal aliens who were already in the United States, or would kidnap and bring unwilling citizens from other countries across the United States’ porous border. Therefore, various types of visas would have to be made available for many victims if their testimony was needed to prosecute and neutralize the perpetrators of the slavery. However, other human trafficking victims were U.S. citizens who were either suffering from various addictions or were teenage runaways. Both Laster and I saw the same DOJ hesitancy to help in both groups.

Too lazy or something greater??

townhall.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

This is a very valid point, and to me ICE are actually making the right call 100% get in there and rescue the child immediately, there is no other valid moral argument. I don't care for someone's arrest record, if they are willing to allow a child to be continually abused so they can build a case and look good, then they are complicit in that abuse, there is no excuse to allow a child to continue suffering. And to change records and completely ignore it is happening is just criminal, and these people are entrusted to protect us?

Wonder how many of the corrupt pigs is being paid to turn a blind eye, or even part of the problem

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Unfortunately, ICE has frequently tossed a shoe into the works. What happened to the minors?? Meanwhile the guilty traffickers are left to commit their crimes again and again. The profit margin for them is too great to give up...

Unfortunately, ICE would frequently act unilaterally and raid the facility that was being investigated. This made any substantial long-term investigation impossible. ICE has a very thin charter, and removing possible illegal aliens took priority over prosecutable cases. If ICE engaged in a raid too soon, the local agency investigating the possible human trafficking was left with little evidence for prosecutions and therefore wasted much needed dollars and work hours. The end result of this dynamic was human traffickers walking away with little consequence, free to continue their enterprise, and law enforcement agencies that shied away from launching such investigations.

townhall.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I don't know.

The world seems to be so callous towards sexualizing children, and very little done about it. You have some well intentioned folks along the way, but anything major is for the most part pushed under the rug.

I think that there is a very large portion of the world that has no problem having sex with minors. I would also postulate that a large portion of the world is sociopathic. Of course, we don't know this because there is every reason to mask these two things from others. But when you see some of the folks who get busted for child sex....in the last year here it has been teachers, military recruiters, and other well known people (in my local area).

As with anything involving secrecy, from both law enforcement and offender, it is hard to know exactly what the truth is. But my heart hurts for any person forced to do sexual things against their will. Or forced to do anything, for that matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
O always suspected there were agents who cared deeply about these child sex ring issues, as well as any sex rings that force anyone to participate.

The fact that these dedicated agents who work so hard, can get transferred to another part of the country, or put on some sort of leave, when its crunch time for prosecution , shows you who the top players of the FBI really care about.

Nothing surprising here, but still very incredibly sad, especially for the many who are still victims of sex rings.

edit on 30-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by jibeho

I think that there is a very large portion of the world that has no problem having sex with minors. I would also postulate that a large portion of the world is sociopathic.

I don't think that this is so. Those who are abused as children become exponentially more likely to become adult perpetrators. There is a vast proportion of victims who, because of the element of secrecy, never receive therapeutic help until adulthood (if ever). Which also ups the likelihood of predatory behavior in adult survivors.

For every active sexual predator, there are dozens of child victims on average. A certain percentage of those will grow up to become perpetrators.

Exponential increase with every generation, and a subsequent decay of healthy norms society-wide.

Increased demand creates a market niche, and gives rise to an increase in human trafficking.

I can't imagine how hard it is on the LEOs who care and get hobbled in their efforts to stomp this atrocity out. We need to get our goddamn priorities straightened out.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The link you post directly links to the olympics.....

If that is any hint as to who is trying to hide this article...

You have to click close like 3 different times and back out just to get to the correct page.

just incase anybody else had the same problem.

thanks for posting op

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

By evidence you mean letting them continue to get raped again and again so they can make sure they were damaged enough to be unconclusive evidence that they were raped.

Basically when they think the kids can't take anymore rape.....then they jump in...

F ing disgusting.........

I can't believe people like this even exist...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It is unfortunate that so many Americans live under the illusion that our various police agencies are working for the good of the people and possess the minimal competencies that they are wrongfully given credit for.

You say its a shame that so many Americans are under this illusion, (considering they are the only legal employer and funder), so if that illusion pops for them, what? What would happen? I don't know whether you're saying they need to wake up and stop it, or if you think people should accept this corruption?

Also, on this note. Why should they have to? Why should they not expect their employees are decent people doing their job too? Why should citizens have to be nonstop slaves funding the system, often double incomes so children are TALKING TO THE HAND and raised without love, and somehow pull off nonstop monitoring their employees and dealing with their continual lack of humanity, ethics and imcompancy? I think this is a little much to dump on overworked employers who are used by these immature brats as slaves.

So do the employers/slaves/slash overworked, exhausted working class ever get to enjoy time off, spend it with their children and families and be happy, and their employees are expected to do their job with honor and excellence and competency.

Or what are saying when you say they need to wake up.

I just see a whole crap load of corruption that needs to lose its pensions and be deal with, for its not acceptable.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
once you mentioned Eric Holder, it pretty much should be all we need to know. i don't think i have ever read more dirt on one person in my life, no one more corrupt nor tied in with tptb, than him.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
once you mentioned Eric Holder, it pretty much should be all we need to know. i don't think i have ever read more dirt on one person in my life, no one more corrupt nor tied in with tptb, than him.

Do you think he's the Anti-Christ?

I kind of think he is.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Note on the Source:

Townhall.com - the Leading Conservative and Political Opinion Website

Townhall.com is the #1 conservative website. Townhall.com pulls together political commentary and analysis from over 100 leading columnists and opinion leaders, research from 100 partner organizations, conservative talk-radio and a community of millions of grassroots conservatives.

Townhall.com is designed to amplify those conservative voices in America’s political debates.

By uniting the nations’ top conservative radio hosts with their millions of listeners, Townhall.com breaks down the barriers between news and opinion, journalism and political participation -- and enables conservatives to participate in the political process with unprecedented ease.

True or otherwise, the narrative is suspect because of the mission of the media in this case.

Seems investigation-worthy, and if there is anything to the story... (as I am inclined to suspect) this should not be the end of the discussion on the matter. I would however like to see how the MSM will treat this (if at all.) It seems our national "law enforcement" arm and ancillary operations (plus those around the world) are disconcertingly 'disengaged' when it comes to human slavery.. you would think they would love to get on their public relations kick about stopping this... as opposed to apparently manufacturing near-miss terror events.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'd like to see a less politically charged source as well. Of course that makes me an evil liberal I guess but, I'll see if I can find one.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

i dont believe that hog wash about ice the doj aint going after child sex traffickers because they know how high up the chain this goes . do you not think that alot of very rich and very powerful love the kiddies. they arent going after the traffickers because they would tell who they work for.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

You say its a shame that so many Americans are under this illusion, (considering they are the only legal employer and funder), so if that illusion pops for them, what? What would happen? I don't know whether you're saying they need to wake up and stop it, or if you think people should accept this corruption?

I am saying that people need to wake up and stop it. i think that the comfort of illusions is not so great a comfort. yes, the world sucks. Yes, our neighbors generally do bad things. This is the world we live in...and if we want change we have to be willing to put some skin in the game and be that change we want.

Now, i have no idea what a disillusioned person would do. Some would act bad, others wouldn't. But that isn't my concern. Disillusionment is a good thing, and we need more of it.

Also, on this note. Why should they have to? Why should they not expect their employees are decent people doing their job too? Why should citizens have to be nonstop slaves funding the system, often double incomes so children are TALKING TO THE HAND and raised without love, and somehow pull off nonstop monitoring their employees and dealing with their continual lack of humanity, ethics and imcompancy? I think this is a little much to dump on overworked employers who are used by these immature brats as slaves.

I am a manager. I inspect what i expect. Trust is all fine and dandy....but to save people from themselves you are better off not letting it all come down to trust. You are better to inspect, provide feedback, and allow growth.

But if you think that a 6 year old being forced to have sex with fat, sweaty old men is akin to "immature brats", perhaps you and I have no business discussing this?

So do the employers/slaves/slash overworked, exhausted working class ever get to enjoy time off, spend it with their children and families and be happy, and their employees are expected to do their job with honor and excellence and competency.

Sure, when they work smarter, not harder. I once had a department of 10 staff. The company crapped its pants one fourth quarter, and had me fire all 10 of them. Know what? I taught myself visual basic and automated 90% of the departmental functions. Did i like it? Nope...but i was faced with the choice of either make it happen, or be unemployed myself (and possibly lose another 150 jobs in the process). I won an award that year for taking my site from a 5% gross profit margin the prior year, to 45% gross profit margin that year (with a 30% total lift in overall revenue to boot). Its amazing what you can accomplish with a little desire to achieve.

Or what are saying when you say they need to wake up.

You are one of the "they" that you are inquiring about. Wake up!

Why whine about poor, over worked police officers? perhaps they wouldn't be overworked if there wasn't so many silly things declared as criminal. And perhaps more child rapists could be caught.

I just see a whole crap load of corruption that needs to lose its pensions and be deal with, for its not acceptable.

after reading this last sentence, i have to admit that your posting is totally confusing. I can't decide who you are complaining about, or what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Seems investigation-worthy, and if there is anything to the story... (as I am inclined to suspect) this should not be the end of the discussion on the matter. I would however like to see how the MSM will treat this (if at all.) It seems our national "law enforcement" arm and ancillary operations (plus those around the world) are disconcertingly 'disengaged' when it comes to human slavery.. you would think they would love to get on their public relations kick about stopping this... as opposed to apparently manufacturing near-miss terror events.

Don't hold your breath!! The MSM has failed to thoroughly report on anything concerning the actions or incactions of Holder's DOJ. Expect no change concerning this well documented case. You'd be surprised how many people still have no idea what "fast and furious" is. The same people think that I.C.E. is a vanilla flavored rapper from 1990 or a detective from "Law and Order".

ETA
Is the source even relevant in a case such as this. No other sources have the balls to report this in order to open it up for us to discuss. I'll let it cook for a couple of days to see who ends up reporting this in a lead story.

edit on 30-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join