It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania is about to explode

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector

Originally posted by Ben81

reply to post by Ben81

Yeah, well, don't compare americans ro romanians.

You know what we do with presidents who are against 87% of the people? Take him and his wife, put them to a 30 min trail made by the people and military and shot them.

nah we are better
exposing them with the truth .. no more mask
live in shame for eternity .. military shooting is just a quick escape for them

Haha...yeah, I bet Nixon was living in a shame in his HOUSE, with his MILLIONS OF $, and OUTSIDE Jail.

yeah, you are better LOL.

That's Saint Nixon, please. The man was crucified. Now look at what we have.

A bug? Have you noticed that the world is now swarming with these 'bugs'?

Open your eyes, please.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
reply to post by Recollector

Here is a list of those 11 points, as far as I (and Google.translate) could find them:

A. The rule of law and judicial independence (above the interests of political parties)
* Restoring the Constitutional Court's powers to check the constitutionality of decisions of Parliament including: repeal the Emergency Ordinance. 38
* Restoring majority rule necessary to validate the referendum results (half plus one of those registered on the electoral roll): repeal Ordinance no. 41
* Not to use the Emergency Ordinance for decisions affecting the status of fundamental institutions of the state or the Constitution and all non-emergency
* Avoid the use of selective publication in the Official Gazette to pursue political goals, especially to avoid judicial decisions.
* Compliance immediately in front of all Constitutional Court decisions.
* Commitment of public authorities to respect judicial independence and avoid criticism of these judicial decisions.

Two. Reassure
* Appoint an ombudsman to enjoy the support of most political parties, through an objective and transparent appointment process
* No appointments to attorney general and chief prosecutor of the National Anticorruption under the current president: public and transparent procedures and list open to anyone, selections based on criteria of professionalism and integrity and track record in the fight against corruption.
* No presidential pardon during the current Presidency
* The appointment of ministers against whom was not made decisions that meet the criteria of integrity. Obligation of not meeting these criteria will leave their posts.
* Resignation of MPs who received the final decision on incompatibility, conflict of interest or high-level corruption.

Point number 2 is interesting, but why did Antonescu add the rule about majority + 1 just recently (17th of july)?

What do you think about this btw? Does it look NORMAL ? Or does it look like MIXING IN INTERNAL AFFAIRS?

Since WHEN Merkel and Barosso or even the ENTIRE EUROPE have ANY RIGHT to tell a STATE MEBER to do things that are CLEARLY , CLEARLY, INTERNAL affairs?

What the heck matters for Barosso what the heck is happening in Romania because EVERYTHING was done by the ELECTED PARLIAMENT MEMBERS?

The answer is : Merkel wants to milk this country (along Spain, Greece and many others) to save HIS OWN COUNTRY, because, DUH. germany does NOT HAVE ENOUGH money to bailout Italy and save the euro !!!

Get it now? And btw, you are a ROMANIAN, you just living in Germany.Nobody Except you was using the names of Ponta and Antonescu and nobody exept you is so strongly pro basescu.A REAL german won't give a flying # on basescu, ponta or antonescu.He will just ask what is happening and ask to be kept updated.

I am pro-Antonescu.BUT I opened this thread BECAUSE there is a REAL danger that Merkel is PUSHING IT too far and very fast this might end up with first, a HUGE protest that will PHISICALY remove basescu, and imediately after, a HUGE majority asking to get out of Europe.

Roubini gives 6 more months for euro currency to survive.

If Merkel's influence will make the CC judges to invalidate the referendum, Roubini could be mistaken by 4 or 5 months...earlier.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

What do you think about this btw? Does it look NORMAL ? Or does it look like MIXING IN INTERNAL AFFAIRS?

Sure, but don't forget that there are issues unsolved in Romania, obviously. Corruption, anyone?

Since WHEN Merkel and Barosso or even the ENTIRE EUROPE have ANY RIGHT to tell a STATE MEBER to do things that are CLEARLY , CLEARLY, INTERNAL affairs?

What the heck matters for Barosso what the heck is happening in Romania because EVERYTHING was done by the ELECTED PARLIAMENT MEMBERS?

Because those points are valid for EVERY SINGLE consitutional country in the world! If they were not valid, that country would be valued as a non-democratic, non-constitutional country by every other country following those rules and standards. Ever heard of "separation of powers"? It is essential for Romanias neighboring countries to know how Romanias politicians deal with legal problems and the jurisdiction in Romania. Otherwise EVERY SINGLE CONTRACT could be declared nill and void by chance of the Romanian government.

They simply want to see that Romania follows the same rules and standards like every other country.

Romania does follow them? Good. Then there is obviously no problem and Antonescu could tick those points as "checked" off.. Otherwise - they will lose friends in Europes other governments. And that would be very, very bad.

The answer is : Merkel wants to milk this country (along Spain, Greece and many others) to save HIS OWN COUNTRY, because, DUH. germany does NOT HAVE ENOUGH money to bailout Italy and save the euro !!!

Romania doesn't have that money, too. No single country in Europe could bail out Italy - but that is beside the point, as no single country would have to do so, its the job of the whole of the Euro Zone's members.
What should Merkel get out of this? Do tell me, please, the owners of Romanias oil-wells and -drillings.

Get it now? And btw, you are a ROMANIAN, you just living in Germany.Nobody Except you was using the names of Ponta and Antonescu and nobody exept you is so strongly pro basescu.A REAL german won't give a flying # on basescu, ponta or antonescu.He will just ask what is happening and ask to be kept updated.

Uh? And to be kept updated means that I have to avoid using the actual names found in several newssites (made by Romanian people, for Romanian people, but using German)? Sorry, still no Romanian at this keyboard. Just someone who knows how to use google.news. et.al.

I am pro-Antonescu.BUT I opened this thread BECAUSE there is a REAL danger that Merkel is PUSHING IT too far and very fast this might end up with first, a HUGE protest that will PHISICALY remove basescu, and imediately after, a HUGE majority asking to get out of Europe.

Roubini gives 6 more months for euro currency to survive.

If Merkel's influence will make the CC judges to invalidate the referendum, Roubini could be mistaken by 4 or 5 months...earlier.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

They can't get out of Europe. Don't you think that the Greeks would have left the Euro-Zone long ago, if that would have been so easy and cheap for them to do?
Leaving a (relatively) stable currency in exchange for a new one, the true value of which no foreign tradepartner is able to verify, will make the exchange-course drop substantielly, leaving the prices for export and import in a mass - do you want to pay so much more for imported goods?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The Constitutional Court decided 3 hours ago that all the institutions involved in the electoral process ro RECOUNT the number of elector on the lists.

They also decided to give the Gov. until August 31st to fix the lists issue and will postpone a decision until September 12.

Atm moment, the country have a suspended president and this will last until September 12 at least...can go more, since there is NO TIME LIMIT fof CC to decide on the referendum results.

The interim president went on TV, trying to reassure the Europe, FMI, WB and ECB that we are a stable country and blablabla. (I am one of his supporters).

Main TV stations here are AVOIDING deliberately that this postponing decision is the worst that could have been taken.

Both sides are accusing eachother for the future country money loses and most likely an accelerated devaluation of national currency (I expect 1-2% / day in next week).The immediate impact will be on gas (atm at 1,3 euros - 6 RON) to 7-7,2 RON, triggering an inflation of about 10% this month alone.

The impact would have been even bigger, the difference is that this month, about 1 million romanians that work in West EU countries come home for various religious hollydays.The are spending about 1 bil euros in August, so there will be some euros in the country, how ever not enough to stop the devaluation.

IMF, WB and ECB are in Romania since August 1st...and there is a high chance that they will postpone an agreement and money until AT LEAST September 12.

The #'ed up thing is that because of HUGE coruption in last 7 years, coruption widely beleived to be mastered by the suspended president, the are NO MONEY LEFT to pay socials and state salaries unless IFM gives us money.

Atm is quiet, however people are very unhappy...and once the national currency drops like a rock OR IFM prostponing any money, they are gonna be PISSED.Sadly, about 3 million are pissed on the Gov. and are supporting the suspended president, and 7 million are pissed on the suspended president.

Hopefully my country won't be another "serbian experiement" or "greek experiment".

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The Constitutional Court changed today the date from September 12th to August 31st as the day where they will try to have a decision if the referendum was or not valid.

The move is weird, because there is not enough time until August 31st to recount the number of electors.

It sems like some of the jugdes are forced somehow to decide based on the current lists, lists that are from 2003, 2004 and 2005, with about 1.2 million people dead and about 2 million that left the country for years.

Hopefully they won't do it and wait until the new lists are ready.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Glad to see a fellow Romanian here

This is wrong on so many levels..

I feel like they spit on my face and i can't do anything ...
edit on 5-8-2012 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Peace and Good luck to all Romania, and my friends there may they be well.

The Worlds mood in general is Revolutionary, may it be a revolution of Peace.

I am EarthCitizen23, a NOT OWNED Anymore HUMAN

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I am the OP, just made another account because I got banned and I cannot reply / make threads.

15 min ago, under US and Germany pressure, the Constitutional Court invalidated the referendum.

7,4 million people voted for impechement and 900,000 voted against.

People are pouring to the streets and marching to city centers all over the country.I will leave toward capital in about 3 hours.I will keep updated the thread until I leave.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
www.dailypress.com...

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - Romania's Constitutional Court was expected to rule on Tuesday that a referendum to impeach suspended President Traian Basescu is invalid - a decision that would return him to office and could prolong his power struggle with the prime minister.

Oh my, and protests are being already being organized, you say?

I wish you and yours all the best and may no harm come to the romanian people.

Same source:

The Council of Europe, a human rights watchdog, said the court had come under "shocking" political pressure ahead of its ruling and had appealed to the council for protection.

I hope, those politics don't lead to sorrow... i wouldn't like it if my countries sovereignty was violated like this.
edit on 21/8/2012 by Swordbeast because: Additional Info

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
In 1 hour the interim president will make declarations.

The protesters are NOT organized, people are simply taking to the streets because NO ONE CAN IGNORE 7,4 million people that voted.One cannot simply spit on millions and get away.

The organized protests are the ones that everyone know WHEN are starting , WHEN are finished and WHERE is taking place.

The unorganized protests are the most dangerous ones, and today's protests will probably grow in numbers toward the evening and most likely CANNOT be controlled.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So, what will happen?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Banned again?

Strange... He's giving direct info, I doubt if we'll see any of this in the MSM...

Any updates from the demonstrations? Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join