It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

88 dead and 63,000 homeless in wake of floods in North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

88 dead and 63,000 homeless in wake of floods in North Korea

www.cnn.com

As of Saturday, 88 people had died and 134 had been injured, KCNA said. It reported that more than 5,000 houses had been destroyed or damaged and 12,030 homes inundated, leaving almost 63,000 people homeless.

"Most areas of the DPRK are expected to suffer big damage from continuous downpour accompanied by thunder and storm," KCNA reported Monday, using the abbreviation of the country's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
"About 4,800 hectares (11,900 acres) of cropland had been washed away by Saturday, KCNA said, and more than 25,700 hectares submerged."

After reading all this i wonder how much longer it will be before the regime collapses. Rumors of a military coup, starvation and mass homelessness, can china afford to let NK refugees flood in seeking shelter and refuge? In that scenario would south korea step in to help out?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Its just as bad in China at the moment too isnt it?

I read on skynews yesterday of the floods there too....

This flooding is getting real bad of late.... more to come?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Isn't it strange that countries such as Russia, China, India and now North Korea are getting the deadliest floods lately?

Weather manipulation anyone?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It all seems really odd, i just wonder whether NK will ask the UN for help? I cant see china dealing with all of this alone. And especially after their last test launch i can imagine they will have a hard time getting any help from any western country unless they fully disarm.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
Isn't it strange that countries such as Russia, China, India and now North Korea are getting the deadliest floods lately?

Weather manipulation anyone?

Nooooo? Monsun? Okay, not for Russia, but for the other countries anyway. In Russia there seems to be the third year in a row with heavy wildfires, seems to be a problem with unlicensed (or heavily corrupted licenses) deforestation.

top topics

join