It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The collapse of WTC 1 and 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm curious about the photos of the columns after the collapse which are still sunk into the ground which have 45 degree perfect cuts on them. I understand demolition guys do this to help make the building slide down as they're taking it apart. I guess this actually helps the building fall straight down and into it's "own footprint" as they say.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on 30-7-2012 @ 07:41 PM this post I'm curious about the photos of the columns after the collapse which are still sunk into the ground which have 45 degree perfect cuts on them. I understand demolition guys do this to help make the building slide down as they're taking it apart. I guess this actually helps the building fall straight down and into it's "own footprint" as they say.

The frames could have been prepared in advance for the collapse. There may have been detonations to help them fall but the detonations alone could not have done it. It was all too neat and quiet and had to be a sure thing. Explosives are not easy to predict were they will go especially whem you need to cut steel rather precisely.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stew4media

I'm curious about the photos of the columns after the collapse which are still sunk into the ground which have 45 degree perfect cuts on them. I understand demolition guys do this to help make the building slide down as they're taking it apart. I guess this actually helps the building fall straight down and into it's "own footprint" as they say.

Usual truther lie......

It was the ironworkers cleaning up the site which cut them that way

Can see here an ironworker with a thermal lance cutting a column

www.youtube.com...

Notice fireman in picture

Firemen here with cut columns.....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by stew4media

Usual truther lie......

It was the ironworkers cleaning up the site which cut them that way

Can see here an ironworker with a thermal lance cutting a column

www.youtube.com...

Notice fireman in picture

Firemen here with cut columns.....

I'm confused. Which part of stew4media's comment was a lie? Is it a lie that this photo exists? Apparently not, you just posted it yourself. Is it a lie that demo crews use this method to sever steel columns? I believe it's commonly used to "walk" buildings to achieve a vertical collapse. And what do the firefighters have to do with anything? I thought it was the cleanup workers who cut the columns.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snakey

The frames could have been prepared in advance for the collapse.

Would you cut the main support beams in a fully loaded building knowing your butt was deep inside? At the very minimum you would expect walls to shift, elevators to wedge, pipes to break, etc.

This is such an old theory.
Like I said before. Every six weeks the same old theories crop back up with a new batch of members.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarasparagus
reply to post by AvadaKedavra14

Here's a good article published in 2008 by THE JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS. Check it out:

What Did and Did Not Cause Collapse of World Trade Center Twin Towers in New York?

Bazant and Greening without Newton as usual.

psik

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

psik

In other words..

Experts with calculations and real numbers that you don't want to believe.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by Snakey

The frames could have been prepared in advance for the collapse.

Would you cut the main support beams in a fully loaded building knowing your butt was deep inside? At the very minimum you would expect walls to shift, elevators to wedge, pipes to break, etc.

This is such an old theory.
Like I said before. Every six weeks the same old theories crop back up with a new batch of members.

Not cut like cut across the colums and pray for gravity to hold it a while, but weaken the frame to the point it could be easily managable to pull whenever it was needed. The frame was held by connectors and bolts. You can not place detonators and expect a clean job. Thermite is very unpredictable.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

psik

In other words..

If the numbers are so REAL why can't you or anyone else tell us the tons of steel that composed the trusses and floor pans in a single floor assembly? I have never seen it. People just keep CLAIMING that these EXPERTS are delivering straight information. It is easy to compute the weight of the concrete floor slab from the dimensions and density, 600 tons. But how often have you seen it specified in TEN YEARS?

Yeah, experts.

psik

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

psik

In other words..

If the numbers are so REAL why can't you or anyone else tell us the tons of steel that composed the trusses and floor pans in a single floor assembly? I have never seen it. People just keep CLAIMING that these EXPERTS are delivering straight information. It is easy to compute the weight of the concrete floor slab from the dimensions and density, 600 tons. But how often have you seen it specified in TEN YEARS?

Yeah, experts.

psik

The total weight of each floor is M floor =2200 tons and the office floor area was A office =2891 m 2 . Subtracting from the total floor weight the weight of the concrete slab of 734 tons, the weight of structural steel in each floor is calculated to be 1466 tons.

From: The Towers Lost and Beyond A collection of essays on the WTC by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ch. 4. "Aircraft impact damage", Tomasz Wierzbicki, Liang Xue, Meg Hendry-Brogan

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

reply to post by AvadaKedavra14

Here's a good article published in 2008 by THE JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS. Check it out:

What Did and Did Not Cause Collapse of World Trade Center Twin Towers in New York?

psik

Actually, this particular article was the work of four authors:

Zdeněk P. Bažant (1); Jia-Liang Le (2); Frank R. Greening (3); and David B. Benson (4)

In case you missed their credentials and info:

1- McCormick Institute Professor and W. P. Murphy Professor of Civil Engineering and Materials Science, Northwestern Univ., 2145 Sheridan Rd., CEE/A135, Evanston, IL 60208 E-mail: [email protected]

2- Graduate Research Assistant, Northwestern Univ., 2145 Sheridan Rd., CEE, Evanston, IL 60208.

3- Engineering Consultant, 12 Uplands Ave., Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 3X7.

4- Professor Emeritus, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Washington State Univ., Pullman, WA 99164.

So you're saying these guys published this article in a professional journal despite having ignored basic Newtonian mechanics? That would be pretty embarrassing if it were true.

Here's a challenge for you, find an article published in a peer-reviewed journal which supports your criticism.
edit on 31-7-2012 by lunarasparagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarasparagus

The please point out where they take Newtons 3rd law into account. According to Bazant 15 floors crushed 95 without being destroyed itself until the end. Sorry But Newton would ROTFL at that.

You seriously believe that? Really?

Please point out where they explain how sagging trusses can pull in the columns, and do that without the trusses themselves, or the connections failing first.

Try to appeal to authority is not a good debate tactic.

edit on 7/31/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

Every few months someone crawls out and makes the idiotic statement that

"Look at the way those columns were cut......." "Has to be controlled demolition....."

Ususlly post a heavily cropped picture leaving out the man with the torch cutting the column !

Have to point out the columns were cut that way by ironworkers during site cleanup

Took me about 30 sec to enter search query into YOUTUBE to bring up the video

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So you're saying these guys published this article in a professional journal despite having ignored basic Newtonian mechanics? That would be pretty embarrassing if it were true.

Here's a challenge for you, find an article published in a peer-reviewed journal which supports your criticism.

The question is DO YOU UNDERSTAND Newtonian Mechanics?

9/11 has become an educational and psychological issue. Can people think for themselves about grade school physics or does AUTHORITY tell them what to think even when it is completely stupid? Now of course the people who think what they are told no matter what, regard themselves as intelligent.

The trouble is the Laws of Physics do not think and do not give a damn what any human beings think or say.

That is why physical experiments are important. They will not go along with anybody's LIE.

It's only been TEN YEARS. Why hasn't anyone built a physical model that can completely collapse?

Here is one that doesn't and anyone can duplicate it.

www.youtube.com...

Yeah, 9/11 is now a problem for institutions of higher learning and Western culture in general. How have economists not suggested that 700 year old double-entry accounting be mandatory in our high school for the last 50 years? Look at the state of the economy. So it ain't just about engineering. The Laws of Physics don't change style from year to year but economists don't notice planned obsolescence either.

psik
edit on 31-7-2012 by psikeyhackr because: gram err

top topics

<< 1   >>

join