It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant spiders in Iraq :)))

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure if spiders are some kind of weaponry
)) and if this is good forum for such pictures but when I saw it I was really impressed
))) This is photo from a battlefield anyway
))

US soldiers are saying that this monsters can run about 15/20 km/h and can jump about 1 m.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
those spiders looking GIANT, how big do you think they actually are

Im not currently aware of any American military projects ... involving giant jumping spiders >_> LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The picture was taken with a short-focus lens, which allows the photographer to get extremely close to the object while still keeping background objects in focus. The two spiders (actually, they're solfugids, but they're related to spiders) are each about 3 inches (~7.5 cm) long.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
as long as those things are there ... im never going to iraq

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, this did the rounds on email about a year ago..... its just a hoax, the camera makes them look alot bigger than they are.. they are called camel Spiders..check out some info below, or search google.

Camel Spiders

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Are the spider pictured dead?
And how/why are the spiders sticking together like that?
Their coloring may indicate that they are native to the region, have the soldiers ask the locals about them...

(thanks for the nightmares BTW LOL
:puz

Err,didn't see that last post whoops

[edit on 10-10-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Check out my above post, they are not "freaky" or anything, they are just Camel Spiders, one biting the others arse...

You're looking for a mystery where none exists, search Google...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thank the heavens for that, I could understand why we would need directed energy weapons in Iraq after seeing that

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Yeah, this did the rounds on email about a year ago..... its just a hoax, the camera makes them look alot bigger than they are.. they are called camel Spiders..check out some info below, or search google.

Camel Spiders

Yes,I just find some info about it
)) but as I see they are bigger than a palm for sure (we can see soldier's palm in the right top corner)

in polish camp babilon polish soldiers captured many of them and raise tham as a "pets"
)) they are usually something about 10 cm but some of them are much more larger

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
wow that is a raily big spider. thank god thay are not in america. Think of what would happan if they were in america?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We have a thread on this already however the image of the spider in that one is no longer showing so I will keep this one open for now. If you want to view it follow the link below.

huge scary looking iraqi insect

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
THEY ARE NOT BIG!!!! THEY'RE NOT SPIDERS!!! ITS A JOKE!!!

They are only a few cm's long. It is a distortion effect of the camera, as there is no point of reference, and they are held up close....

Check out the link I posted or search google for Camel Spiders (they're not spiders really either), they are perfectly normal little desert bugs. This picture did the rounds on e-mail months ago, and is a hoax (in that it misrepresents them)....

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yeah, my uncle is a green beret...he was in Iraq and told me about those things along time ago. The myths about them being able to scream and run 20km/h, and jump a mile are just that...myths.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
At least I don't live near those. But black widows and brown brown recluses make up for that. Now I'm thinking I rather have scorpions and camel spiders instead.
What would you guys choose if you had the choice of living in an area where camel spiders dwell or where black widows creep?

new topics

top topics

join