It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple of days into the Olympic Games, and................

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Nothing.
If there is any conspiracy at all about the olympics, it would not be done with little convenient hidden clues, and not such hidden clues. The flood lights is nothing but a very good structure, designed to add a little touch of style, while still being practical. The posters are nothing but well designed posters, with a little tongue in cheek humour.

The opening ceremony itself, told the history of Britian through the ages, and was not a "ritual" for any nefarious organization or sect.

vvv

Ja ok if you say so.

Do you have any evidence to contradict "claims"? Or are you just thumb sucking?

What about the same guy who owned the twin towers owning the entrance to the village? That's just a coincidence, right?

It would be nice if you gave, you know, evidence for you claims, instead of just another opinion.

While the ritual was designed to look like "a history of britain" 10/10 for stating the obvious. What did you think of the traditional hekatomb altar to zeus, that was out of place i thought. And the maidens walking the goats, cute. Pity no masons took the chance to ride them ...

Lets talk about that giant dead baby?
Oh what no it was alive?

Gosh.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

What about it!?

Seriously, what about the symbolism? How does this in anyway say that this will be a false flag, or something other than just the show it was?

You can go on speculating about all the symbolism contained within the ceremony, but for what reason? Do you seriously think, that by looking at some symbols, that you can expose whatever nefarious organization it is that so many believe is behind it all?

And what then? What if you do? Will it change anything at all?

The old "provide me with evidence of this" line was to be expected. I could ask the same really. And no, the symbolism (if there is any) does not prove anything. It is merely your opinion, no doubt influenced by the many absurd theories regarding it, and not proof of anything at all.

The games is a massive sporting event. Like another member posted, would someone really do something during something so obvious? Leaving obvious clues for everyone to see?

So no, I am not thumb sucking, merely calling it as I see it, because, well as a matter of fact, nothing happenned during the opening ceremony, and I doubt anything will happen at all. But sucking all these ridiculous symbolism, out of thumbs, is ridiculous.

vvv

edit on 30-7-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
You can go on speculating about all the symbolism contained within the ceremony, but for what reason?

Because i can.

Leaving obvious clues for everyone to see?

If you hadn't noticed, there are some seriously odd things out there. Including various strange beliefs systems. Do you understand that symbols are very important? This olympic flame ... why is it in the deepest part of the Voortrekker Monument? So deep inside your own culture and you are too blind to see it. WAKE UP MAN!

So no, I am not thumb sucking, merely calling it as I see it, because, well as a matter of fact, nothing happenned during the opening ceremony, and I doubt anything will happen at all. But sucking all these ridiculous symbolism, out of thumbs, is ridiculous.

According to "your" type of argument, magic is only in the movies hey? No such thing as sacrifice, or gods and goddesses, or worship, or rituals, we all just made it up to **** with your mind hey? Ignorance like that i wouldn't show off ...

Did you get all excited when the bell rang? Do you know what the bell means?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?

Do you have any conception of what it means on that scale? I certainly don't.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

This site is a conspiracy forum, if you don't like conspiracies then go elsewhere for your kicks

But not everything is a conspiracy and constantly searching for conspiracies in everything and where none exist achieves nothing but discredits, detracts and deflects from the genuine and truly important conspiracies.

And if an alleged conspiracy is genuine then it must be able to withstand the most intense scrutiny if it is to achieve any sort of credibility.

ETA
Wild and unsubstantiated speculation is not proof of a conspiracy.
edit on 30/7/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA and clarity

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Wild and unsubstantiated speculation is not proof of a conspiracy.

This is not unsubstantiated. If you fail to grasp the nature of the topic, perhaps you should acknowledge your own ignorance.

So many come here and claim there is nothing hidden. Surely they cannot believe that?

The true history of our world is obscured, and we are lied to frequently, why would you accept otherwise?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Of course I beleive there are conspiracies....and I firmly believe that much of this world's history is either unknown or denied to us.

But plucking possible scenario's and wild imaginings out of thin air is not proof of a conspiracy.

I have no doubt there is hidden meanings and messages within some imagery - but not all imagery.

The opening ceremony of the Olympics was not any sort of ritual - it was an Olympic opening ceremony, simple as that, (a quite innovative and thought provoking one and one that many non-Brits, and even some Brits, quite clearly didn't get and understand).

And if people expect to be able to post their assumptions and theories without being questioned and scrutinised then I suggest that they've mis-understood ATS and perhaps this isn't really the site for them - there are many crap conspiracy sites out there that cater for that sort of nonsense - we at ATS are a cut above that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Have you all forgot about Belle and the 8-3-11 riddle/site last summer??

August 3 is the day.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

But plucking possible scenario's and wild imaginings out of thin air is not proof of a conspiracy.
- we at ATS are a cut above that.

Arrogance and ignorance, hand in hand.

Do you out of hand debunk every single statement on this? Or only some? Which? Why?

Everything about this event is over the top, including both "our" reaction and "yours". And while i suspect we're just part of an online rat-and-lever game, telling me there's nothing out there is the one part i cannot accept. Because very clearly, there is. What it is i can't say, i have no evidence, but then i'm not a copper, so that's ok.

I'm a freaking nerd on an internet site, asking questions and making observations. Seriously, you want me to cease and desist, and believe what i'm told, not what i know and understand?

Deny ignorance ... and you are being ignorant of both the subject at hand and the larger subject, which is an online conspiracy forum. Whatever you may think of me freedom of thought, don't try and convince me to stop thinking freely, because then you have become thought police yourself.

I've yet to see any evidence disproving any of this stuff, just a LOT pf people who seem to think that freedom of thought and speech has reached the end of it's limits.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
People saying that something is going to happen is just wild speculation from their wild imaginations and nothing more, I really dont understand how people can take these "predictions" seriously.
Is there strange illuminati-like references in the olympics? sure, but to go from there, all the way to thinking aliens are coming or a false flag is going to happen is pure baseless, wild speculation by people who really have no idea and who give conspiracy theorists and conspiracy theories a very bad name.

evidently your queen thought there was something to it since she saw fit to put missile launchers on the roof tops of houses. lol

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I've never once said stop posting - I said offer something of substance to support your theories - and don't expect your theories to go unchallenged - it's how things work in every walk of life, even on the internet.

If a theory has any substance then it will withstand scrutiny.

And show me where i've ever shown anything other than support and belief in freedom of thought.

I simply disagree that this ceremony symbolised anything other than it purported to and I haven't been shown anything of any substance to even remotely suggest that there was.

That's my reasoned, personal opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I simply disagree that this ceremony symbolised anything other than it purported to and I haven't been shown anything of any substance to even remotely suggest that there was.

Yeah ok, like i said, everything is over the top ... isn't it?

Well, thats your issue, not being shown anything of substance. Same as when a bike gets taken out by a car and the car driver says "i didn't see you" and somehow expects it to "become" the biker's fault?

We're all seeing the same thing, but "we" are saying look deeper. It's there, just look deeper. If you can't, or won't, then move on. No big deal.

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

People saying that something is going to happen is just wild speculation from their wild imaginations and nothing more, I really dont understand how people can take these "predictions" seriously.
Is there strange illuminati-like references in the olympics? sure, but to go from there, all the way to thinking aliens are coming or a false flag is going to happen is pure baseless, wild speculation by people who really have no idea and who give conspiracy theorists and conspiracy theories a very bad name.

evidently your queen thought there was something to it since she saw fit to put missile launchers on the roof tops of houses. lol

What does that have to do with people on conspiracy sites drawing to the conclusion that an alien invasion or false flag attack is going to happen based on a few things that could look like illuminati symbols?
So you think the british government thought "theres illuminati symbols in our olympics (which we paid for) so perhaps we should put missiles on buildings in case they try something".
If the illuminati managed to put symbolism into the olympics then why have they put missiles on buildings?
Are they so schizophrenic that they plan false flags and at the same time try to stop themselves planning false flags?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What does that have to do with people on conspiracy sites drawing to the conclusion that an alien invasion or false flag attack is going to happen based on a few things that could look like illuminati symbols?
So you think the british government thought "theres illuminati symbols in our olympics (which we paid for) so perhaps we should put missiles on buildings in case they try something".
If the illuminati managed to put symbolism into the olympics then why have they put missiles on buildings?
Are they so schizophrenic that they plan false flags and at the same time try to stop themselves planning false flags?

why not? sure keeps the sheep content in thinking the tptb had nothing to do with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Well, it could be theorized the TPTB put those "clues" pretty much to have a good laugh at the expense of the conspiracy theorists. Think about it... how many of these people look like fools now after posting what could be called "evidence"? I am not being insulting.... And I am not saying they ARE fools- but they've been made out to be after nothing of importance came of what are puzzling posters, etc....
edit on 30-7-2012 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by wylekat because: *beats on spellcheck*

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

why not? sure keeps the sheep content in thinking the tptb had nothing to do with it.

Ok, whatever logic you have to twist and however far you have to stretch to make anything fit into your perception of reality.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Ok, whatever logic you have to twist and however far you have to stretch to make anything fit into your perception of reality.

And you have as your avatar the guy who invented timewave zero??

Terrence McKenna was a pioneer of expanding our perception of reality.

Oh the irony.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I agree. A normal and usual Olympics is what everyone needs. Some chill time.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I found all the crazy predictions as frivolous entertainment.

At the end of the day all the predictions could be seen as a way to ward off false flags in case they get called out on it and try and implement martial law etc. as that would be too obvious.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

And you have as your avatar the guy who invented timewave zero??

Terrence McKenna was a pioneer of expanding our perception of reality.

Oh the irony.

And he was often quoted as saying "be open minded, but not so that your entire brain falls out".
And for the record I think Timewave Zero is a load of nonsense simply because it doesn't correlate, Doesn't stop me from liking the guy, he's said a lot of great things.
He had some excellent and incredibly insightful things to say, which comes from years of deep critical thinking, not jumping to the first conclusions at the drop of a hat which is what many on here are so quick to do, then label anyone who challenges their conclusions as closed minded.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

if something happened now it wouldn't be as dramatic....

I hope nothing bad happens...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join