It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Fossil Claw may be from Ancient Reptile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Giant Fossil Claw may be from Ancient Reptile

www.abc.net.au

Scientists in Central Australia say the discovery of a prehistoric claw at a fossil deposit is baffling.

The claw is about seven centimetres long and was found at the Alcoota Scientific Reserve, about 160 kilometres north east of Alice Springs.

The reserve is home to the largest and most concentrated fossil deposit of its kind in Australia and scientists say bones at the site could be millions of years old.

Dr Adam Yates from the Museum of Central Australia has told the ABC's Country Hour the claw may belong to a reptile.

"We don't know what animal this comes from," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.unexplained-mysteries.com

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Anyone have any ideas or thoughts, they wish to share, as to what this discovery could mean? Iam not sure if this has been posted yet. Could these discoveries prove the existence of Alien Origin though DNA testing? It seems that it occurred during the Big Bang theory. Anyone believe that it could be proof of Annunaki, living here in this time frame?

www.abc.net.au

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Seems like a simple case to me...

Determine time period of organism...
Determine species prevalent during that period...
Compare claw to known clawed organisms prevalent during that period...

It's like I should be leading the expedition.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah it seems a bit of a mystery as to why they would be baffled?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Exactly, what's the mystery?

So a 7 centimeter long claw was found in an area that's host to our most concentrated area of fossils. It's like going to the effort to report that a skeleton who appears to have stood on it's hind legs, has two shorter legs at the top of the torso, 5 fingers and 5 toes, spherical skull was excavated from a depth of 6 ft removed from within a box in an area known to be a burial site. May be reptile.

This is just begging for whacko's

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

I am not 100 percent sure but I think that it means some animal with a really big claw died there at one point. That's just a guess though. I am sure it's nothing unusual.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega man

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts, they wish to share, as to what this discovery could mean? Iam not sure if this has been posted yet. Could these discoveries prove the existence of Alien Origin though DNA testing? It seems that it occurred during the Big Bang theory. Anyone believe that it could be proof of Annunaki, living here in this time frame?

www.abc.net.au

What does this have to do with aliens? Nothing.

Um big bang theory? So you're saying the claw is from billions of years before the world was formed? Are you ok? Taking your meds?

What does this have to do with an imaginary race that doesn't exist?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Mate, some people just don't get it.

There's a large contingen of members who throw the anunnaki (or Nibiru) card/twist in to every news story whilst either inhibiting any real discussion or creating meaningless babble threads to garner measley stars from their fraternity.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It is the only remaining claw fossil left over from the reptilian race that once ruled the world - True story, honest.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Looks like the "Whacko's are already replying.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Looks like you don't understand sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Wow - no-one has ever discovered a fossil that they couldn't identify before.......

oh.....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here is the guess Dr Adam Yate made in this article.

"We don't know what animal this comes from," he said. "Similar claws have been found in the past and they've been suggested to have come from a large goanna. "That's a pretty big goanna. "We're looking at something much bigger than a modern komodo dragon, so a really giant goanna. "But we haven't found any other bones that we can attribute to a goanna of that size, so really we're scratching our heads."

Giant goannas of the genus Megalania lived in Australia and met the early aborigines. Known species of Megalania could reach a size of 7m. Usually Megalania has been found in southern Ausralia, but other large fossile goannas are known from Indonesia and I wouldn't be surprised to hear, that a very large goanna species also lived in northern Australia.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
Here is the guess Dr Adam Yate made in this article.

"We don't know what animal this comes from," he said. "Similar claws have been found in the past and they've been suggested to have come from a large goanna. "That's a pretty big goanna. "We're looking at something much bigger than a modern komodo dragon, so a really giant goanna. "But we haven't found any other bones that we can attribute to a goanna of that size, so really we're scratching our heads."

Giant goannas of the genus Megalania lived in Australia and met the early aborigines. Known species of Megalania could reach a size of 7m. Usually Megalania has been found in southern Ausralia, but other large fossile goannas are known from Indonesia and I wouldn't be surprised to hear, that a very large goanna species also lived in northern Australia.

That's the first thing that came to mind.

Great minds think alike mate

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What....the.....hell....

It's just a claw, dude. Form a known fossil deposit. Interesting, yes. Proof of Aliens? Nope.

And god knows what you're on about with the "formed during the Big Bang theory"... What, did they make it while watching a questionably funny sitcom?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

A whacko made the first two posts!

Did you read what you typed?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The giant leap to connect 2 dots sometime amaze me

Unknown fossil..................................................

edit on 30/7/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Its the claw!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Man I want so of what ever that guy is on, he cracks me up.

On topic.

After a bit of a discussion I am going to agree with Megalania. This seems the likeliest of ideas.

Raist

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe it's the claw to the fire breathing creature in the Old Testament. Yes, what we call dinosaurs ( a word not invented until the 1800's) and people did live together.

Now, I'm not serious about the claw belonging to a dragon. But they did exist.

edit on 30-7-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join