It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S guard labels hero "baby killer".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I myself did actually look into working for G4S when they advertised for staff for the football venue in glasgow.
on the appearance of things, it seemed the most important factor was to have a 5 year checkable work history for the SIA card. (which I didnt have, having been a house husband for a while, and also only working on a temporary basis for an employment agency).
I suppose if you have that checkable work history, then you would have been in.
Bit of a concern, as that means anyone could be working for them!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You seem to be using the term 'juvenile' quite liberally when describing anyone who disagrees with your narrow minded viewpoint - which suggests to me that you are possibly the only person posting in this thread who the word accurately describes.

edit on 30/7/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Oooooh those terrible baby killers
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

And where's the part where they help people?I just see a bunch of mentally undeveloped machismo brats with guns ordering kids around.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Of course YOU do
That's all YOU would see, isn't it

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Lol, I feel like finding a load of pics of bin laden, al-queda, and the taliban, and mixing them up with loads of pics of kids, all to some soppy tune... End result would be exactly the same thing.
Photos to music does not proove much.
"hey kid, smile for the camera".. Click.. "thanks".. Bang.
Yes, I know thats taking it a bit far, but it does just show tjat those types of video mean nothing.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I find this story highly suspicious.

Does G4S have religious fanatics in their ranks? You would have thought they would gave vetted all people on guard.

Alarm bells are ringing. Is this a storyline set-up for a falseflag?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Kastogere

You're entitled to your opinion, but I personally find providing food and medical care for those who desperately need it to be far more important than "killing bad guys."

You want to be in a war? You must be like 16 years old. Every veteran I am related to or acquainted with has said it was the biggest mistake in their lives and they will absolutely forbid their loved ones from enlisting.

You think we need the experience of war? I'm sorry, but that's the most juvenile and ignorant thing I've ever read. Enjoy your life, I will not be talking to you ever again.

The only one here being Juvenile and Ignorant is YOU! This is a DISCUSSION BOARD...with people participating that have many different concepts of what is Right or Wrong as well as how they feel about a particular subject. To act like an ADULT...you have the right to express your sentiment or ideology but to act as a JUDGE as to what you believe someone DESERVES in any NEGATIVE FASHION without even knowing what really happened or the supposed Hero's history of what He has done as well as act so offended that someone actually CALLED YOU ON THE WAY YOU POSTED...as you reacted like a little kid who says...YOUR NOT PLAYING THE WAY I WANT YOU TO PLAY! WAAAH! I AM GOING HOME WITH MY BALL! Well...that is not being very ADULT!

If you had the GUT's to discuss why the person who called you on your post did so...then I could respect that...but you didn't! And we are all a bit poorer for the whole incident as well as my having to waste time writing this! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

And there in lies the problem
Thanks for making that point
The fact is the VAST majority gain their ideas from videos/msn/some dudes blog ect
Having NEVER actually been involved nor willing to accept the views or input of people that have been there and done the work

I'm immensely proud of some of the work I've been involved with, and humbled by those I've met
I've fed the hungry, watered the thirsty, clothed the cold, protected the persecuted and vulnerable, I've been involved in diffusing IED's at schools, I've dug irrigation for crops, I've built bridges, I've negotiated peace between villages, defended voting booths, treated the sick and wounded, built a woman's refuge, and a school, provided resources and materials for education, conducted medical and dental outreach program's, built water ways and sewers, treated livestock, defended villages, ect ect
Become totally immersed in their livelihoods and culture
And you know what

Even with all the accidents, psychos, and propaganda
The afghani would much rather have ISAF than the Taliban
If you criticise ISAF it makes the news
If criticised the Taliban you got dead

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

May I ask you a question?

What do you think of the Taliban?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The guard should be fired for disrespect, but not specifically because he disrespected an army vet. I'd say the same if it were a single, unemployed mother he had disrespected.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

To be fair, the racial aspect does put it into context. Knowing the dude was Asian (by which I am sure they mean Muslim...) at least lets us understand why he might have kicked off in the first place.

Be honest, it would be highly unusual for a white person to rant at a Soldier about being a "baby killer" in the context of Afghan or Iraq, but hotheaded young Muslim men do have form for such things. They are after all entitled to their opinions but his outburst, if it happened as described, is inexcusable. Not because he was a soldier, but simply for being unprofessional and not doing his job. Who knows what other views he has...

However, it too is form for young Muslim blokes. I've worked with many, specifically when at Telewest in Slough, who saw it their daily mission to try and convert me and tell me everything I was doing was wrong. Couldn't get a word in edgeways most of the time and when I did, they do not take opposing views very well. They nearly always got worked up about stuff to the point you'd think they'd have an embolism. Perhaps it was my fault for taking to eating my bacon sandwich at my desk.......

Hats off to the squaddie though, kept his cool and acted like a professional. And people worry the "NWO" are going to use these guys to kill us all.... Still waiting for that "false flag" we've been promised, by the way guys...
edit on 30/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britrebel
Does G4S have religious fanatics in their ranks? You would have thought they would gave vetted all people on guard.

I would not be surprised if they had to rush through the clearance for their guards because of the cock up, so it stands to reason some undesirable people (of all flavours and perversions) might be working the Olympics..

I had to wait 6 weeks for my clearance and mine was being pushed through a bit quicker because of various balls ups where they kept losing my forms etc.

Alarm bells are ringing. Is this a storyline set-up for a falseflag?

There we go, I knew someone would bring it up.....
edit on 30/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Britrebel

I think they were given might through poorly planned covert operations to arm the Mujahadeen against the Soviets. War breeds war breeds war.

Do I agree with their ideologies? No, but if some 18 year old Rambos were running around my neighborhood endangering my family, you're damn right I'd be using every guerrilla tactic imaginable to eradicate them. The US/UK/etc forces are not there for humanitarian aid or nation building. They're there to slaughter.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
They're there to slaughter.

Doing a piss poor job if it then, aren't they?

The VAST majority of civilians killed in Afghan are the result of the Taliban themselves who indiscriminately target (and use) men, women and children.

The fact you seem to under the impression our chaps are there to "slaughter" shows you have a very narrow, pre-conceived view point and it would not matter one iota what evidence was brought to the contrary, you won't budge. FACT, both Iraq and Afghan are better off now than they were, and that's coming from someone who thought Iraq especially was total BS and we shouldn't be there.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

So then you do not understand what they do to there people?

The do not allow women to be educated.
They execute women for being raped.
They cut the genitals off of children.

And this only but a few examples. I understand that we created them, that is why it is up to us to correct the problem. Everyone argues that we should not be in afgan but it is an obligation we made to the afgan people for arming such awful people.

If we leave the Taliban will regain control and all that we have accomplished (however small) will be for nothing.

You almost sound like your defend them.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

en.wikipedia.org...

I dunno, you tell me. How many people live in your city?

Now imagine at least 100,000 dead. ( A conservative estimate).

Seriously, use facts.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to the notion that everyone who automatically joins the Armed Services is a hero. I think it's a dangerous, patronizing notion.

However, if someone did spit on him and call him baby-killer, not decking the guy seems like some pretty heroic self restraint.

Well done him for that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

So then you do not understand what they do to there people?

The do not allow women to be educated.
They execute women for being raped.
They cut the genitals off of children.

And this only but a few examples. I understand that we created them, that is why it is up to us to correct the problem. Everyone argues that we should not be in afgan but it is an obligation we made to the afgan people for arming such awful people.

If we leave the Taliban will regain control and all that we have accomplished (however small) will be for nothing.

You almost sound like your defend them.

Not our problems. We aren't the world police, and we aren't perfect either.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I have to disagree about Iraq. That was a massive mistake. We killed more civilians directly or indirectly in Iraq than sadam ever did, or likely would have.

Our only legacy in Iraq is a war torn, 'civil' war-like state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join