It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is trying to convert me, But it's not going to work. :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I had this funny thing happen the other day while at work. My place was quite and it was just one person, one of those chipper, happy go lucky people, that I had to attend to. After I get everything in order, I said "Have nice day". then she pretty much goes "Praise Jesus, our lord savior" I roll my eyes and she notices.

She asked me "Why, I just did that" and if I was "Agnostic, Wiccian, , yada, yada..." and I was like "none of the above". I don't practice witchcraft or do spells, Won't say, I don't believe in anything but I do believe the scientific approach.

But she continues on with the babble "Well, Jesus died on the cross for our sins."

I'm like "Sure he did, just like the old man wrote the bible" , "You show me proof and I'll believe you."

And she goes on to say that I have this extraordinary aurora about me that glows all around me. That the light is bursting out of me and the glow is so big.

I'm like, "I already know I'm angel"
Don't have to tell me that.

She said, she hopes that I stay there because she wants to come back and see me, to try to change my ways. Too bad, I'll most likely be in school most of the time, unless she figures out my hours.

Looking forward to our next meet. Hope she has proof the next time I see her.

Proof as in, she better exhume his body and do the carbon dating. Plus, forensics on the hands and feet that show the impaled wounds.

This happened on a Saturday. Not a Sunday. Who goes to church meetings on a Saturday??

edit on 30-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You mean "Agnostic".... poor woman.

A little less Holy Wine & a little more Reality TV might make this person more in touch with reality.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Proof as in, she better exhume his body and do the carbon dating. Plus, forensics on the hands and feet that show the impaled wounds.

well...it might be a bit difficult to exhume the body for carbon dating, since it was reportedly witnessed that He rose from the dead, and 40 days later rose to heaven...but then again you need proof of that , I'm sure.

edit on 30-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

well...it might be a bit difficult to exhume the body for carbon dating, since it was reportedly witnessed that He rose from the dead, and 40 days later rose to heaven...but then again you need proof of that , I'm sure.

Yeah, sure he did.

I need proof of that too.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I love just screwing with people like that.
The other day I was sitting at home minding my own business, watching a movie, having a few beers and just all around relaxing and enjoying myself. All of the sudden someone knocks on my door and I looked out of my peep hole. It was 2 young men, about 18ish, Mormon missionaries. I quickly turned my TV to the playboy channel then invited them in to discuss Joseph Smith. They walked in my front door, looked at my TV and you would have thought they had jet engines in their arse they shot out of there so fast.....they haven't been back.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Man, you should of had your camera out. Their expressions would of been priceless.

But, I can only just imagine it.

ROFL......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
A religious stalker…… the worst kind.

Very politely (just in case religious psyco crazy nutcase freak wants to do you some harm) tell them that you don’t want to ‘be saved’ and if she tries, you will just have to smite her......

Either that or just get into a debate on ancient aliens.

It seems that you have your head together and realise that blindly following any religion is comparable to repeatedly puncturing your brain with a knitting needle – so yes, why not have some fun with her.

Tell her that you found the ‘lord’ and he told you you’re the devils offspring…. something like that anyway.

Tell us how it goes!

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

edit on 30-7-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

*Funny comment edited as to not offend anyone*

edit on 30-7-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Yeah, that's just asking for trouble. Plus, she might enjoy it.

I don't swing that way bud.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'd ask her if conversion requires lubricant!

IRM

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
LOL......I once had a couple of the Mormon kids show up at my door, and told them I was comfortable in my spiritual beliefs, and I had work to do in the garden......they asked if they could help me, and all they asked was that I say a prayer with them at the end of the day....well....they kicked ass.....I gave them some bulbs to take to thier "host" family, and said a prayer with them...it was all good......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The mormons I have encountered, have all been very polite, as well as helpful.

Once while dropping off a heavy electric organ to a friends house, two young Mormon men were walking by, and asked if they could help. My friends husband didn't want them in his house, so he refused their help , but they were so cheerful and willing to help, I couldn't help but be impressed with them.Considering they were around the age of my children, I asked them to pray to Jesus for my children as they were leaving, and they were more than willing and happy to do so, and I got the feeling as they left, that they would keep that promise.

I know many can't stand those who peddle their religions door to door, but I personally have never found them to be a problem, and quite honestly they were always very well mannered, even when you politely told them you didn't have time to listen to them at that time.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I am just a little envious. I really love screwing with these brainwashed Godboys and Godgirls. Trouble is, in my town I think they have a list of people to avoid, and I must be on the list. They just don't come around anymore. I have to wait for the Missionary Money Gatherers at the local grocery store. They are not as fun to mess with, too many distractions. The County Festival is a good place, they have a lot of booths where they will convert you, provided you let them. I like to stop and chat with them, and watch them squirm when I upset and challenge their faith and beliefs.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I am just a little envious. I really love screwing with these brainwashed Godboys and Godgirls. Trouble is, in my town I think they have a list of people to avoid, and I must be on the list. They just don't come around anymore. I have to wait for the Missionary Money Gatherers at the local grocery store. They are not as fun to mess with, too many distractions. The County Festival is a good place, they have a lot of booths where they will convert you, provided you let them. I like to stop and chat with them, and watch them squirm when I upset and challenge their faith and beliefs.

You have such a benevolent loving attitude about you auto wrench, but...I have to say I prefer the loving helpful attitude of the Mormons that I have had the good pleasure of meeting on occasion.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

As a younger women I guess I would have defined myself as an agnostic....but the older I get, I'm in my 40's now, I find as I learn more and more, thier really is no way to "de-bunk" God...defining who and what "God" is another can of worms, lol.......but if the day ever comes to "choose" I'm going with God's team....

My ex-husband hand a family member who we all thought was nuts because him and his wife were hard core Christians, and home schooled thier 2 children, well I gotta tell you, these kids ended up to be GREAT, both went on to college, the whole family is close and they are always doing nice things for the community...they were my ex's only family members that didn't "shun" me...and to this day always tell my daughter to wish me well..as I wish them well too....

I can't hate on anyone with enough conviction about something to try and influence others, as long as they let it go if the other person is not receptive....heck when is the last time most of us hit the streets for something we believed in?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You have such a benevolent loving attitude about you auto wrench, but...I have to say I prefer the loving helpful attitude of the Mormons that I have had the good pleasure of meeting on occasion.

I love the peaceful, loving attitude of everyone, provided that is what they project. Some, sadly, do not project this attitude at all, do they? When I meet someone, I do not ask their religion, place in life, marital status, politics, or sexual preferences, for these have no meaning in the larger scope of things. There are good and bad in all places, one just has to find it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The mormons I have encountered, have all been very polite, as well as helpful.

Once while dropping off a heavy electric organ to a friends house, two young Mormon men were walking by, and asked if they could help. My friends husband didn't want them in his house, so he refused their help , but they were so cheerful and willing to help, I couldn't help but be impressed with them.Considering they were around the age of my children, I asked them to pray to Jesus for my children as they were leaving, and they were more than willing and happy to do so, and I got the feeling as they left, that they would keep that promise.

I know many can't stand those who peddle their religions door to door, but I personally have never found them to be a problem, and quite honestly they were always very well mannered, even when you politely told them you didn't have time to listen to them at that time.

Your right, EVERY mormon missionary I have ever met is extremely nice and helpful. You really couldn't ask for nicer people to talk to, I agree. But, it is more fun to mess with them cause they are just so innocent and happy and helpful.........I can't help myself

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I love the peaceful, loving attitude of everyone, provided that is what they project. Some, sadly, do not project this attitude at all, do they?

I have yet to encounter a person preaching door to door to be ignorant to me, or project an air of superiority, and talk down to me like I needed to be taught.

They merely ask questions in a pleasant way, and if I was not receptive, they have politely left.

Sadly , their peaceful loving attitude isn't welcomed by everyone, and that is fine . Each to their own.

top topics

join