It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Jerusalem Capital of Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Just a minor correction: you only have to pay the church tax if you're a member of a state church. My sister- and brother-in-law send their kid to a church kindergarten and they're not members of the state church. (He was in fact the pastor of a free church for a little while!)

Absolutely. Actually what I meant is that as Germany lacks kindergartens, most people apply their kids to kindergarten as soon as the woman gets pregnant (!!!).
Among those few kindergartens, many are christian. And if you do not pay your tax to the same church as these kindergartens, then you will probably be on the waiting list, position 3,500.
Your sister- and brother-in-laws are pretty lucky I think.
I know of some couples who changed their religion (from catholicism to protestantism, or the opposite, forgot), to make sure their child could have a place in kindergarten if necessary!

Another point, once you pay your tax to the church, it is not easy to stop.
A friend of mine was paying taxes to a church (I believe it was in the range of 2,000€ a year (2,500$)), he then decided to stop, as he is not religious at all, plus 2k€ is a lot of money.
He had to write a letter describing his reasons to "quit" the church, even had an interview with a guy from the church!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Since well, giving promises when your'e a candidate is easy, not when you become POTUS and realize there's far worse # that needs to be worried about.

Yeah, like Haliburton's profit margin, and how to figure out how to stay in a constant state of war to defend freedom. Ironic how we are supposed to defend freedom while we continue to elect those to represent us, and all they do is remove more freedom little by little. Our freedoms are not in jeopardy because of Muslim people 8k miles away. It is in jeopardy because of our current political conditions. 2 party madness with ludicrous debates instead of focusing on the elephant in the room.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by samsamm9

Good video, Thanks !!

I see a big problem a-brew'in here.

Wikipedia shows that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel.

What's going on here?

<< 1  2   >>

join