It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: Jerusalem Capital of Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Well Mitt Romney was in Israel and declared:

“It is a deeply moving experience to be in Jerusalem, the capital of Israel,”

Today, Mitt Romney drew a clear contrast between himself and the Obama administration on the State of Israel. Standing before a backdrop of Jerusalem’s Old City on Judaism’s Ninth of Av – the day designated for mourning the destruction of the First and Second Temples – Romney didn’t flinch from embracing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, even as the Obama administration continued to refuse even that simple statement.

And it seems that Obama made a campaign "promise" in 2008;

June 4, 2008

Let me be clear. Israel's security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable. The Palestinians need a state that is contiguous and cohesive, and that allows them to prosper — but any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognized and defensible borders. Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.

Transcript: Obama's Speech at AIPAC

But;

As Mitt Romney was welcomed in Israel, the Obama administration struggled to explain its position on Israel's capital. White House spokesman Jay Carney refused to identify Jerusalem as the capital city during a press briefing on Thursday, and the White House transcript of the press briefing included an explanatory note that reiterated the administration's deliberate ambivalence:

The status of Jerusalem is an issue that should be resolved in final status negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians. We continue to work with the parties to resolve this issue and others in a way that is just and fair, and respects the rights and aspirations of both Israelis and Palestinians.

Obama had campaigned in 2008 on a promise that "Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided." His administration's position represents the opposite view. Since taking office, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton--all of whom had previously touted their pro-Israel credentials--have objected publicly and vehemently to construction in Jewish neighborhoods of Jerusalem, a stance directly at odds with the idea that Jerusalem is Israel's undivided capital. ...

Capital Confusion: Obama's Broken Promise on Jerusalem Stirs Anger

Related Thread
‘Here in Israel’: In Jerusalem, Clinton Breaches U.S. Policy

Related Articles
On Tisha B’Av, revisiting a U.S. Embassy move to Jerusalem

State Dept. Spokesman Refuses to Say Whether Jerusalem Is the Capital of Israel

What's with all the "Confusion" ??

YouTube -- White House Press Briefing
July 26, 2012
Carney Refuses To Identify Capital Of Israel Twice In White House Press Briefing

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I always thought the Capital was Tel-Aviv.

edit on 30-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Good video, Thanks !!

I see a big problem a-brew'in here.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Romney also believes the apocalypse and rapture will begin in downtown salt lake city atop their grandiose temple when the angel statue will sound the final trumpet.

at least i think that's what Mormon's believe, correct me if i am wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Meh! Who cares!

IRM

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Terrorists love to kiss each others asses

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

edit on 30-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

The US have often treated Tel-Aviv as a de facto capital of Israel. Their embassy is there, and they have likewise promoted Tel-Aviv ahead of Jerusalem in terms of political preference, particularly since 2008.

Israel, on the other hand, has always had, and declared Jerusalem to be their "eternal, undivided capital".

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
An illegal country doesn't deserve a capital.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

... and people say Romney flip flops!

Originally posted by cetaphobic

There is no country of 'Palestine' therefore Jerusalem is the Capital of the soverign country of Israel.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
After the standing ovation you americans gave satinyahu last year. Is it any wonder that mittens says or does this in Israel. Im surprised he didnt bend over and spread his cheeks wide. What a joke, that clinton woman also said the same thing a while ago. Its must be obvious to the rest of the world by now, exactly who pulls the strings in the USA. Jump higher cowboys.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

... and people say Romney flip flops!

Originally posted by cetaphobic

There is no country of 'Palestine' therefore Jerusalem is the Capital of the soverign country of Israel.

There is and was.
Anyway nothing you can say makes Israel or its actions legitimate.
They are dangerous TERRORISTS.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why is it OK for Israel to remain Jewish state, but for UK, France, Italy or Germany it is NOT-OK to remain Christian states?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Are they running for President of the UNITED STATES or the President of Israel???

It's hilarious that some Republicans are more concerned about other countries rather than our own...it seems like the two positions Republicans like the most about Romney is Iran and Israel.

But Obama is the one that isn't concerned about our country....right???

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Nope - it's Miami

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Bugger me! You actually said something I agree with! All along I thought you just said stuff to wind people up...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Isreal is laying claim to a stolen land - and this time its no the mericans vs sticks and stones Indians. Its a tiny rivulet of land vs 2 billion Muslims - I predict innevitable fail.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by cetaphobic

Define illegal. Illegal as in recognised by the UN? The Palestinians weren't pushing for any kind of national sovereignty before 1948. Palestinian people are arab migrants from surrounding arab nations that influxed into a dustbowl. The country was a desolate wasteland until the Jews turned up.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

I don't think that you could more incorrect if you tried. The Mormons don't believe anything you stated. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It has been for a few thousand years now. I don't know what the big deal is with saying that? Both Israelis and "Palestinians" claim Jerusalem, historical, archaeological, and anthropological evidence say it's the capital, and most of the world says "Jerusalem" when asked what the capital is. What's the BFD?

/TOA

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
lmao... typical american doesnt even know the proper capitols of other countries .... and he wants your vote ....
with the jerusalem comment he sounds like yet another israeli puppet running for office in america - in which case him and all the israeli puppets in office should be tried for treason as they're selling out the american people ... not to mention they're the cause of much of the hostility against america due to them supporting israeli genocide ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join