It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera captures historic lunar flags

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

I hate crap like this coming from the Nazi NASA liars........every word; every image; everything they do is a lie......if anyone say's there is an American flag in that picture in the first post - then you are either crazy or a liar as well..........

The claims made below by NASA are absolutely ridiculous............they make me sick........Nazi s.o.b.'s

This will probably be deleted, but why are you calling NASA Nazis?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is probably a naive question on my part, but aren't there telescopes powerful enough so that we could see real (high resolution) closeups of the moon's surface?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

no, you would need a telescope with about 600 meter(2000 feet) diameter.
edit on 9-8-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

no, you would need a telescope with about 600 meter(2000 feet) diameter.

I see... then aren't there man-made satellites orbiting the Moon? They don't take pics of any kind??

Two New Satellites in Orbit Around Moon

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It disturbs me how many Americans would waste millions of dollars sending a space vehicle to photograph something they did to make sure they did it in the first place just in case you know ... they accidently didn't do it! >.<

Appreciate persons might not believe but just accept the fact that if they sent a craft back to photograph the landing site you would complain about that as well. In fact I can recreate the thread for you below:

Originally posted by astronots11
lol they went back to the studio lol

Originally posted by IRfacepalms
So let me get this straight ... they spent money to go somewhere we already been lol

Originally posted by IAteACarrot
Wow the powers of photoshop have got stronger!

Originally posted by ISeeAll
Doesn't look like the same flag to me!

Originally posted by NeverASTraIGhTAnSWER
So why didn't they do this thirty years ago??? C'mon NASA you owe me ANSWERS

Originally posted by RepublicanDOODE
Can't believe tax payers money went to this ...

Originally posted by photoshoops!!!
Now give me the original data before you edited it NASA!

Originally posted by DisclosureBoy
OMG disclosure is near!

Originally posted by filmdoode
nice props!

I imagine that's pretty much how it would go.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateMartian
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Yeah this can be a highly annoying place that naturally attracts the stupid conspiracy theorist. It doesn’t very much matter what it is ‘they’ did it or faked it etc and that is nearly always a one way street, anyone and everyone in the American government or corporation. No logic or brain needed. I’m not saying that people should always trust their government, far from it, but it’s necessary to remove one’s head out of one’s arse before trying to make a reasoned analysis rather than ill-informed theory, most likely gained from reading a dodgy internet site that has little or no truth to it. Maybe it’s a form of oikophobia? Maybe it’s political? Maybe they feel special little revolutionists? Who knows?

What is a reasonable analysis? I think there is a fare share of people who don't give a crap about political issues involved and just use common sense to try to form an opinion. Then, when the opinion strays into politics, it is more off a sidespin than out of real motivation. You seem to know something about science. Tell me how high a man can jump on the moon and how fast will he fall to the ground?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
I hate crap like this coming from the Nazi NASA liars........every word; every image; everything they do is a lie......if anyone say's there is an American flag in that picture in the first post - then you are either crazy or a liar as well..........

The claims made below by NASA are absolutely ridiculous............they make me sick........Nazi s.o.b.'s

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
This was posted on the The West Australian website today. Allegedly showing the US flag on the moon.

Link to story...........

edit on 9-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spelling

There is nothing sick about it, just ridiculous. It proves that folks at NASA have a sense of humor which is what counts. They don't care what the public think, so why the public should care what NASA does.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Snakey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I see... then aren't there man-made satellites orbiting the Moon? They don't take pics of any kind??

One of them has a webcam. Their mission is to measure gravity, not take pictures. If they did send back nice pictures of the landing sites, would you believe they were real?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is pretty cool... taken last fall by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter:

NASA Unveils New Detailed Photos of Apollo Moon Landing Sites

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join