Camera captures historic lunar flags

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

How exactly are we supposed to tell this is a flag?
From the looks of it ,it could be anything...or is it my eyes?

Yes, it could be anything... but whatever it is, it is exactly where a flag is supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Fool. I didn't say satellites were made in 1916. I said technicolor was. Try to comprehend before discrediting me.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Fool. I didn't say satellites were made in 1916. I said technicolor was. Try to comprehend before discrediting me.

My bad.

You are correct I read your OP wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's a multi exposure of the flags shadow. Different times of the day and year the shadow is still there = the flag must still be standing. But we'll probably never really know in our lifetime thanks to Obama and friends.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The images i have seen and from what we see with the naked eye is that the moon is grey. Ithink that explains the lack of color images although we do have these:

www.thelivingmoon.com...

As someone else has mentioned, I dont think there is any purpose to go to the moon unless it was used as a way point to reach further into space but apparently it is not needed. Then consider that the moon is not hospitable to humans anyway...if it was we would spend time there.

Plus the Dawn mission is passed the moon and orbiting Vesta and going to Ceres.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Go to Google Earth and zoom out to 100m on a beach and see if you can identify every footprint or tyre track.... I mean really !!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Also, if we can take amazingly detailed photos of the Orion nebula, which is 1,344 lightyears from earth, how can we not take a high resolution photo of the alleged moon landing site? Instead we get a highly pixellated photo that looks like its from the 80s

This has been explained to death.

Do some real research.

Oh, but you will not do that. You will just keep repeating the same old rehashed crap.

Who's calling who ignorant?

Your reply is a waste of time. You've not made any point to prove me wrong or right. Please think more clearly before posting ... it wastes a lot of people's time. Fact is, this "photo" proves nothing.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Also, if we can take amazingly detailed photos of the Orion nebula, which is 1,344 lightyears from earth, how can we not take a high resolution photo of the alleged moon landing site?

The Orion Nebula is 24 light years across.

If it fits into a single photograph that alone tells you it is not "amazingly detailed".

ATS needs a system to rate the best comebacks. I flag your post for this comeback. I'll give a first vote for the Best Comeback of the Year Award.

Moon conspiracy hoaxers are either one of two things: Completely ignorant of physics or they love to hear themselves argue.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
reply to post by coven83

Go to Google Earth and zoom out to 100m on a beach and see if you can identify every footprint or tyre track.... I mean really !!

So the track, that was left by the LRV, that runs right to left through the top of the image is clearly visible from the distance of the photo. However the tracks that should be connected to the spot where the LRV is located in the picture, because it had to leave tracks to get there unless it flew, are not visible because its too far away?

Right............

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

You are forgetting about the slope.
If it's tilted towards the sun at the time of the picture there will not be any shadow so the track will disappear.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
If we can send a rover to Mars, why not send 1 to the moon just to get some quality pics of where we supposedly landed? But instead we are forced to look at nonsense that even I can doctor up in the earliest version of photoshop.

IMO, There are only 3 scenarios:

1. NASA has these photos and hasn't felt comfortable with the level of airbrushing thus far.

2. We never landed on the moon.

3. We landed there once and found out we shouldn't be there for whatever the reasons may be.

4. We landed on the moon several times spent $25.4 billion (1973), decided it was no longer worth carrying on.

"If we can send a rover to Mars, why not send 1 to the moon just to get some quality pics of where we supposedly landed?"

What would be the point spending a vast some of money for those who would still be blind to reality? Stupid will always find a way to make a grand conspiracy out of it just like is already happening with the Mars rover.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Your reply is a waste of time. You've not made any point to prove me wrong or right. Please think more clearly before posting ... it wastes a lot of people's time. Fact is, this "photo" proves nothing.

Actually, it does prove one thing- there literally is nothing that can ever convince the conspiracy people we genuinely landed on the moon. I remember before these photos were taken how the "we never landed on the moon" conspiracy people insisted on seeing photos of the landing site, and if they didn't, they pulled out their "where there's smoke, there's fire" innuendo dropping. Now, here are photos showing the lunar lander AND the tracks from the peopel walking around, which was exactly what they were asking...and NOW they're asking for crystal clear photos, as if we need to fly to the moon to prove we flew to the moon. Otherwise, they will pull out the "where there's smoke, there's fire" innuendo dropping all over again. There's a fine line between "reason" and "excuse", you know.

Let's face it, even if they did fly to the moon and took photographs to prove we flew to the moon, the "we never landed on the moon" conspiracy people still wouldn't believe it. We see that now with their bickering over the photos the Apollo astronauts took on the moon, with "suspicious" this, "questionable" that, and if you squint hard enough you'll see a "mysterious" whatever. We're seeing a clash between the opposing ideologies of believing something because the evidence shows it is true, and believing something out of faith that it is true. They WANT these "faked moon landing conspiracies" to be real.

I think the real question here is, what evidence will the conspiracy people accept as proof that we went to the moon that they won't instictively brush off as "staged". Every detail of the missions from technical drawings to even the radio frequencies used by the astronauts were made public and yet that isn't enough. Eyewitness accounts from astronauts and technicians aren't enough. Photographs and videos aren't enough. The physcal evidence isn't enough. The ability to bounce lasers off of mirrors left on the moon aren't enough. Even foreign nations confirming we went to the moon weren't enough. Now, satellite photographs of the landing sites aren't enough. Just what the heck is left, exactly?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateMartian
If we can send a rover to Mars, why not send 1 to the moon just to get some quality pics of where we supposedly landed? But instead we are forced to look at nonsense that even I can doctor up in the earliest version of photoshop.

I have a question on this- you almost certainly know the US isn't the only nation with a space program. The Soviets sent a number of probes to Venus which sent photos back, Germany built several probes to study the sun, Japan sent a probe out to collect asteroid dust and sucessfully brought it back, and right now China is sending Taikonauts into orbit and are planning their own moon landing. Heck, even India launched their own satellite. Oh, and let's not forget the FIRST moon probe to show the Apollo landing sites was a Japanese craft.

Do you believe these space missions all all fake too? Or, is it exclusively the US space missions that are fake and all these other space missions are real?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Good posts GoodOlDave, I'm in agreement. Just pointing out you've got your quotes all messed up.

edit on 6-8-2012 by ModerateMartian because: I messed up

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Good posts GoodOlDave, I'm in agreement. Just pointing out you've got your quotes all messed up.

Whoops, my bad.

Anyway, I was/am a poster over at the now infamous 9/11 conspiracy discussion forum, and I noticed an interesting pattern- such things only seem to become a conspiracy when the US has something to do with it. The massacre by those Kashmir separtists against that hotel in India, the nerve gas attack against the Tokyo subway, the IRA bombings in Britain, those are supposed to all be real terrorist attacks, but when Islamic fundamentalists hijack a bunch of planes (like THAT never happened throughout history) here in the US it spontaneously becomes some sinister secret plot to take over the world. Now, we see Russia launching a probe to Venus and China launching their Taikonauts in preparation of a mission to the moon which are supposedly real, but when the US lands its own man on the moon and sends its own probe to Mars, that's when it spontaneously becomes some secret staged and/or photoshopped project. You'll notice that when the Japanese probe first took photos of the moon landing sites a few years back, they didn't insist those photos were faked and/or photoshopped; they simply bickered over whan we were seeing in the photos. There's clearly some antiestablishment outlook driving this outlook.

I will put real money on the wager that when/if the Chinese do land on the moon, these conspiracy people will insist the Chinese lunar landing was the first real mission to put a man on the moon, simply because it's some other country that did it. Are there any "moon landing was a hoax" people who'd care to chime in on this?
edit on 6-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Yeah this can be a highly annoying place that naturally attracts the stupid conspiracy theorist. It doesn’t very much matter what it is ‘they’ did it or faked it etc and that is nearly always a one way street, anyone and everyone in the American government or corporation. No logic or brain needed. I’m not saying that people should always trust their government, far from it, but it’s necessary to remove one’s head out of one’s arse before trying to make a reasoned analysis rather than ill-informed theory, most likely gained from reading a dodgy internet site that has little or no truth to it. Maybe it’s a form of oikophobia? Maybe it’s political? Maybe they feel special little revolutionists? Who knows?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Eyewitness accounts from astronauts and technicians aren't enough. Photographs and videos aren't enough. The physcal evidence isn't enough.

I've seen no physical evidence. Technicians would not count as "eyewitness accounts". Astronauts COULD be credible proof, however, anyone can be bought. Photographs and videos ... I clearly won't go there since this is the topic of conversation, and I don't think I have to.

What would be proof we landed on the moon? I suppose an amateur astronomer with an incredibly powerful telescope that clearly shows where we allegedly landed, and the possibility to replicate his results myself. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Here you go Ryanssuperman, below are the application sites to two of the worlds largest reflecting telescopes. You can apply for time and look at the Moon till your heart is content. However, I don't think you will be happy with the results, because the resolution is just not strong enough to observe what you are wanting. And if you think "an amateur astronomer with an incredibly powerful telescope" is going to be available soon, well maybe you should hold your breath, but it won't be anytime soon, because the cost to build one of these puppies is astronomical! Pun intended, LOL.

Gran Telescopio CANARIAS
W.M. Keck Observatory

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium

Here you go Ryanssuperman, below are the application sites to two of the worlds largest reflecting telescopes. You can apply for time and look at the Moon till your heart is content. However, I don't think you will be happy with the results, because the resolution is just not strong enough to observe what you are wanting. And if you think "an amateur astronomer with an incredibly powerful telescope" is going to be available soon, well maybe you should hold your breath, but it won't be anytime soon, because the cost to build one of these puppies is astronomical! Pun intended, LOL.

Gran Telescopio CANARIAS
W.M. Keck Observatory

I can wait! I have no solid evidence on either side of the argument ... and I'm in no hurry
Thanks for the links though.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I hate crap like this coming from the Nazi NASA liars........every word; every image; everything they do is a lie......if anyone say's there is an American flag in that picture in the first post - then you are either crazy or a liar as well..........

The claims made below by NASA are absolutely ridiculous............they make me sick........Nazi s.o.b.'s

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
This was posted on the The West Australian website today. Allegedly showing the US flag on the moon.

Link to story...........

edit on 9-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spelling

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join