It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera captures historic lunar flags

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This was posted on the The West Australian website today.

Allegedly showing the US flag on the moon.

Link to story...........

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Can't have a US flag there...it's probably still in the studio where the landing was filmed.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Star and flag from liejunkie.

Nothing to really add but,

Take that moon landing hoaxers

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Have you ever asked yourself why, in the year 2012, with our amazing advancements in technology can we still not see a detailed color image of the closest body in space to us.

Google street view can do things NASA still can't??? Makes no sense to me, and where there is smoke there most certainly is fire.

We the people are not intended to know the truth about the most amazing thing in the night sky.

btw this pic has been floating around the web for years now...
edit on 7/29/2012 by raiders247 because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Have you ever asked yourself why, in the year 2012, with our amazing advancements in technology can we still not see a detailed color image of the closest body in space to us.

Google street view can do things NASA still can't??? Makes no sense to me, and where there is smoke there most certainly is fire.

We the people are not intended to know the truth about the most amazing thing in the night sky.

Well when they can get air craft to fly over the moon to take those detailed photo images you see on google earth, perhaps we will be able to see the same resolution.

Until then, and with our satellites above the Earth, and not the moon, we have to put up with this.

edit on 29-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
This was posted on the The West Australian website today.

Allegedly showing the US flag on the moon.

Link to story...........

OK I am pretty sure we landed on the moon. I have a question about the picture however. The point marked LRV has no descernable tracks leading from the object in any direction. There is a pair of perfectly straight lines that run through the image, but it appears to me to be something to do with the camera. but Im no photography expert.

However there are visible tracks that run horizontally in both directions. I am just wondering where are the missing tracks.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I see tracks going/coming from the lrv.

Zoom in a little and you can see them.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Again I see a pair of perfectly strait lines. can you show me a zoomed in image that shows tracks pls? Tracks from a vehicle with a human operator will never be perfectly strait on an uneven surface.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Bro we sent a rover to Mars before we ever saw a colored picture of the moon.

Google street view is made possible by millions of panoramic photos taken by special vehicles that drive through cities. If we can send a rover to Mars, why not send 1 to the moon just to get some quality pics of where we supposedly landed? But instead we are forced to look at nonsense that even I can doctor up in the earliest version of photoshop.

IMO, There are only 3 scenarios:

1. NASA has these photos and hasn't felt comfortable with the level of airbrushing thus far.

2. We never landed on the moon.

3. We landed there once and found out we shouldn't be there for whatever the reasons may be.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't see any flag... all I see are a couple of black pixels label "flag"

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by mainidh

3. We landed there once and found out we shouldn't be there for whatever the reasons may be.

This is where I'm at - at the moment. Arguments are strong on both sides regarding topics about whether or not we went and the need to feed the public manipulated images.

Far too many things are posted on ATS about the moon and its origins / celestial significance to dismiss any theories but this one seems to encompass the most answered questions, imo.

Still, questions like the Van-Allen radiation belt and its actual effects on safely reaching the moon and returning linger in my mind.

My journey continues.................

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Yes it has been, but you need to understand that "Western Australia" is a few years behind the eastern states..... either that or it was a slow news day

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Yes it has been, but you need to understand that "Western Australia" is a few years behind the eastern states..... either that or it was a slow news day

Mickierocksman

Yes.......Go the Dockers !

The fact of it being an old photo leaves me questioning the motive and intent of its timing on msn.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

Mickierocksman

Yes.......Go the Dockers !

The fact of it being an old photo leaves me questioning the motive and intent of its timing on msn.

Swans will win this year

Motive could be..... Had a space to fill, don't want to add another olympic story or fluff piece = run something old that may be of interest.

I don't think there is a conspiracy here, only journalist quality & integrity in question.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

S&F for a very good topic and a good thread.

However, I see no flag. I see what appears to be some kind of hole, possibly. But it is certainly no flag, US or otherwise, imho.

I could also be blind.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
what happened to the japanese HD satalitte that we no longer have access to and is run by JPL now?

seriously color available but not us they keep giving us crap res. for a reason

figure it out use your some common sense like a crime detective

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Kinda hard to tell if that is flag or a rock.

Just because the pic says "flag", does not make it a flag.

If this was a pic of some strange anomaly on the moon, it would have been ripped apart, because it doesn't really show anything.

Could be anything really.

vvv

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
this is just a creepy avatar thread i never seen info about a moon landing hoax but i supouse it would be hard to confirm

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

If we can send a rover to Mars, why not send 1 to the moon just to get some quality pics of where we supposedly landed?
Why would they waste time and resources sending a probe back to the moon, just to prove a few crackpot conspiracy theorists wrong
?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I seen this recently. I find it very interesting and it makes me wonder. The future will only tell. UFOS ALIENS they coming back soon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join