It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the top members list?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was just curious if ATS still had the top contributing members list.

I tried to look for it and I cannot find it.

It may just be me and my burnt brain cells, but I would like to check it out.

Can anybody point me to the way(link)?

edit on 29-7-2012 by liejunkie01 because: headline

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here you go!

Linky

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Depending on what you mean by "contributing," you could click on "tools+" at the top of the page, then click "members," then click "posts" to sort the members by number of posts they've made.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seems to be one or two missing.
Hmm.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thank you.

I looked for a while and I couldn't remember where it was.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Explanation: The issue has been resolved for you and I am glad about that ... but to help any others ...

Click on TOOLS in blue ATS toolbar ...

(wait for page to load)

Then hit the GREEN W at the far left in the toolbar that apears under the normal blue ATS toolbar.

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps other members find their way around ATS!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

yeah, ats bans its top members like no tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Hmm.

I notice some seem to "come and go".

Maybe if you are inactive for a while, you get "dropped".

Then if you come back, you "re-appear" and your rank continues....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I wish i was on the list

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It does?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

it does.
i don't see how you can deny that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well....i was making a passing comment (that I believe to be true). I mean, if you look around you don't see any zorgon, gools, proto, etc, etc, etc.

I have no idea what they did or didn't do...just observing their absence, wishing they were still here. I get banning the members that create havoc. But we are talking about members that seem to have been solid contributors. Maybe they had a few moments of bad judgement...with all the material given (and views driven) why not try to work out terms with people instead of just dropping the ban hammer?

I honestly have no idea. I don't want to create a stir about the issue, because I don't want to get banned. And it seems like the process is arbitrary enough, there is that fear. Then i ask myself, "Why the hell do you have fear over being banned from a website?" Im not talking about a Blair Witchesque webcam of "Im soo scared.....", but more like, "Man, that would suck if that happened".

Then I remind myself of conversations I have had with site owners (Springer in particular), and I feel a little guilt for not giving them more credit. And I want to believe that I should....but it nags me that members who contribute, and don't really seem to cause trouble, get banned. And it makes me feel fairly disposable here.

Like i said, i know it is silly to have any anxiety over something like that. But I DO like it here...i just wish it was more clear how things were, that this member driven site seemed to have more value for members that actually drive the site.
edit on 30-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

The implication appears to be that ATS removes members.

The actual fact is that anyone who gets banned from ATS has broken the T&C sufficiently to be removed.

There's a huge difference there.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by lacrimosa

The implication appears to be that ATS removes members.

The actual fact is that anyone who gets banned from ATS has broken the T&C sufficiently to be removed.

There's a huge difference there.

Look, i don't want to make this a debate because it makes people uncomfortable...myself included. But that seems more like a "swamp gas" explanation to the lay person at ATS. Especially when the ban comes from something that didn't happen publicly. Being a member of a lot of forums, rarely do you see bans that are kept as quiet as those around here. Of course, this is a huuuuge site, so rumors don't spread as much....

Im not going to keep replying here. If you would like to talk privately we can.
I don't have anything really to say other than what i said. Just a simple observation, and a wish that it didn't feel that way to me.
edit on 30-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The simple trick to not being banned from ATS is not to break the T&C to a point where you warrant banning. Its not difficult.

And the simple fact is that everyone who has been banned from ATS has not managed to do that. They will, no doubt, tell you differently given the opportunity - but they would be lying.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

More like a he said they said kind of thing,but hey,like was mentioned before,just a website.
No need in getting your knickers in a bundle,right?

Just a shame we couldn't hear the other side of the story and maybe "have it out".
But that would degrade the site to lower standards then are held here.
Wouldn't want to do that would you ,ATS.

edit on 30-7-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I speak from experience.

I think you really have to color outside the lines for that to happen.

edit on 30-7-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by kdog1982
Hmm.

I notice some seem to "come and go".

Maybe if you are inactive for a while, you get "dropped".

Then if you come back, you "re-appear" and your rank continues....

You know better than that,I would guess.

This discussion will be closed soon,but I feel,not that it matters,that it should be moved to a more closed discussion,much like the mods have,but open to certain members of standing if there is such a thing.
Not including me by no means.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Someone else pointed out that, every time you post a new thread, you put yourself out there, exposing yourself to the ridicule and personal attacks of other members. Most of the folks on that list got there by posting lots of threads. A lot of them got there by being passionate about what they post.

Passionate people posting lots of threads that could result in their getting into lots of arguments with other members is a sure recipe for a few T&C violations now and then.

I'm sad too when I see them go but, we all have to have confidence in the system and hope that there are enough checks and balances to prevent any personal vendettas by the mods.

Most of the mods that I know of here are pretty fair. I don't think they would allow another mod to ban someone for frivolous reasons. From what I understand, all bans are a group decision.

edit on 7/30/12 by FortAnthem because:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join