It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Maine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I Refuse to tow the line because the GOP Tells me to.. if we loose we lose legitimately.. don't see the point of putting the same type of person in control as already is in control. Romney and Obama are ESTABLISHMENT type politicians nothing will change regardless of which one is elected.

i will vote my conscience and heart and that will be Ron Paul even if i have to write him in. (i dont agree with him 100% but i think he would be the best for our country as a whole vs what we have now.)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's too bad he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell...he is America's only chance at redemption. Someday we will look back and think "if only Ron Paul had been elected."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Then Obama wins. Too bad. But it's time the GOP got their ass handed to them, and informed that status quo candidates like Romney are not acceptable anymore. It's time to take a stand and vote Paul. No matter what. Until more people adopt that attitude, this country is NEVER going to change. The word conservative is best represented by Ron Paul. And it's time the GOP got it through their thick skulls.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Can we move beyond Ron Paul and focus between the two from which ONE will be sitting in the White House in January? Okay... Maybe asking too much.. How about after Tampa? Then maybe?

Sure, after Tampa. I am not for ending the primary season until after the convention where it actually all gets decided anyway. I'm sure Mitt would like to think it is all done, decided, and he's the Chosen One but not all Republicans think Romney is the best they can do - and I'm not just speaking of the Paul camp either.

I've still got fingers crossed for Paul, and one finger reserved for ol' Mittens, but know he is a very long long-shot. A brokered convention may still be a possibility and another chance for a better selection, or worse. Romney/Obama for some reason just doesn't prompt me to get up and dance.

So yeah, after Tampa, OK?

edit on 29-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Loved your post and I too would rather vote for Ron Paul as a write in.

Can anyone tell me why when we have a Presidential election they don't list all pPresidential candidates and you pick the one you want? If memory serves correctly (it's been 4 years so not 100% on this), I recall that as a registered Republican you on see the Rep candidates name to vote for. If you are a registered Democrat you only see the Dem candidate to vote for. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't remember having a chance to vote for a candidate I wanted in one past election. Could have been a local election. Tanks in advance for any replies! My Presidential Vote goes to ANYONE the is a REAL American. (and Tess I realize they are only puppets lol)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

YOU have the right idea on how to win the election. Get the prettiest girl you can think of to endorse your candidate.
I'm on board already because for one, Ron Paul has more class than to misuse democracy like that, unlike Romney. Romney's at the wailing wall in Israel on the top picture of CNN.com, as I type this. If I were religious, I wouldn't go to pray at a religious shrine of another's religion. He's such a political slut. (sorry bout that last word. I'm not against cursing, but calling someone a slut, and online just doesn't seem right... Well, I guess it's just right enough, cause I'm leaving it.)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Can we move beyond Ron Paul and focus between the two from which ONE will be sitting in the White House in January? Okay... Maybe asking too much.. How about after Tampa? Then maybe?

Sure, after Tampa. I am not for ending the primary season until after the convention where it actually all gets decided anyway. I'm sure Mitt would like to think it is all done, decided, and he's the Chosen One but not all Republicans think Romney is the best they can do - and I'm not just speaking of the Paul camp either.

I've still got fingers crossed for Paul, and one finger reserved for ol' Mittens, but know he is a very long long-shot. A brokered convention may still be a possibility and another chance for a better selection, or worse. Romney/Obama for some reason just doesn't prompt me to get up and dance.

So yeah, after Tampa, OK?

edit on 29-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Fair enough. That sounds entirely fair. If the convention throws an unexpected turn for the nation and Paul somehow comes out on top, then he will have my complete and total enthusiastic support. I gave it to him when he was here in Missouri for the Caucus, without hesitation and that cost me personally with Republican friends. It's not something I regret and I'll even say the enthusiasm in here is almost contagious. I'd so like to see this happen, I just don't dare hope. I have done all I could do as a citizen and voter for Paul in my state though. It's up to the delegates now. For those going? I hope the best. I sincerely do.

@ Those all but getting outright hostile about the fact my feelings don't conform

I honestly, sincerely and to my very core believe that Barrack Obama will be the end of the United States as I grew up knowing it. There isn't a question in my mind. It's a simple cause and effect matter to my thinking and as sure as the sun rising tomorrow morning. I don't accept voting for Romney as some sheeple to the Republican party. Hardly. I watched 'The Party' do all it could and break rules where necessary to bury Dr. Paul in Missouri. They aren't my favorite people by ANY means.

Now, having said that, it's still the same choice. I don't know what Romney will bring. Could be the same....maybe it's not. Maybe Mittens does nothing but carry us to 2016 when we have a shot at Rand Paul or someone else, equally promising. Maybe Mittens DOES run us into the same pit as Obama. It doesn't matter in how I vote because Romney MAY do all these things. I feel that I *KNOW* Obama will.

So... Vote 100% SURE destruction to what I consider my way of life? Or Vote for what *MIGHT* allow a second chance? I'm an American..I just don't know what losing hope means and defeat isn't a word I know. I'll go with the POSSIBLE over the CERTAIN and I won't give up until there is nothing left to work with. We are a long way from that point.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Sounds like Romney is a sore loser. Romney's people are pulling all the stops to keep Paul from gaining any more delegates.

Not Romney. He's just another marionette that will play along. He works for the same people as Obama.
edit on 30-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Wrabbit, what do you mean by "second chance" or the "possible." ?? :shk: Be serious man. Neither of those possibilities exist in reality anymore. I appreciate you clinging on to desperate hope that somehow Mitt will be better than Oshama, but fact is, and you said it yourself: two different heads of the same monster. Fact is, the GOP needs this loss, so the next time around, RP ideals are incorporated, or they are going to lose again. We need for RP supporters to stand strong, and unwavering.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by japhrimu

YOU have the right idea on how to win the election. Get the prettiest girl you can think of to endorse your candidate.
I'm on board already because for one, Ron Paul has more class than to misuse democracy like that, unlike Romney. Romney's at the wailing wall in Israel on the top picture of CNN.com, as I type this. If I were religious, I wouldn't go to pray at a religious shrine of another's religion. He's such a political slut. (sorry bout that last word. I'm not against cursing, but calling someone a slut, and online just doesn't seem right... Well, I guess it's just right enough, cause I'm leaving it.)

Christians are interested in Jerusalem too, ya know? I don't disagree with your characterization of the man. I don't like Mittens, myself. However, I would pray at the wailing wall, and I'm a Christian. I wouldn't wail there per se... (pun intended), but still I think it's a bit harsh to slam the dude just for where he prays.

A little more on topic: Go Ron Paul. I will write him in if he does not receive the nomination. Obama and Romney are essentially the same. Ron Paul revolution, baby! Give me back my Constitution!!!

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I knew it!

He's alive!

And he's charging straight to the heart of the storm, the ones who want power, Washington D.C.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If we split the vote, Obama wins. Even Dr. Paul is no fan of THAT outcome and has all but said so.

The worst part is that eventually Ron Paul is probably going to endorse Mitt Romney just to avoid an Obama win, and many of his followers are going to scream that they were betrayed by him.

I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter, but it's over for him. I like that he's getting some attention, but as long as the MSM keeps ignoring these victories, then they mean squat.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Someday we will look back and think "if only Ron Paul had been elected."

I think that now about Ross Perot. In some ways he was the Ron Paul of his day, and got 21% of the vote, splitting the Republican party and resulting in the election of Bill Clinton. After that the Republican party conspired to never let it happen again.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Someday we will look back and think "if only Ron Paul had been elected."

I think that now about Ross Perot. In some ways he was the Ron Paul of his day, and got 21% of the vote, splitting the Republican party and resulting in the election of Bill Clinton. After that the Republican party conspired to never let it happen again.

Yeah well instead of conspiring to never let it happen again, they should have conspired to take into serious account conservative, Libertarian type views. They can't just keep avoiding this segment forever. They either incorporate and re-emerge with the right candidate that fits the overall view of the entire conservative right, and addresses Libertarian concerns, or they are going to keep losing.

Yep, them Libertarian, constitutional patriots are a stubborn bunch, aren't they?
And thank God for that or I'd be havin' a spot o' tea right now. - which I don't mind occasionally....occasionally.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
All we need at this point is to find out that Mitt Romney and Obama were both involved in the same child sex ring and this election will be his.

I wish I were joking.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ron Paul will be our next President.
Mark my words.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

A man can dream, can't he?

How about some links to shore up that little spec of miracle...?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

If we split the vote, Obama wins. Even Dr. Paul is no fan of THAT outcome and has all but said so.

The worst part is that eventually Ron Paul is probably going to endorse Mitt Romney just to avoid an Obama win, and many of his followers are going to scream that they were betrayed by him.

I'm a huge Ron Paul supporter, but it's over for him. I like that he's getting some attention, but as long as the MSM keeps ignoring these victories, then they mean squat.

Yes, sadly, that is about the size of it. Most candidates only have one major enemy and may or many not have the media as a minor one. Ron Paul started from day 1 with the Dems, Media AND his own party against him 100%. I think the best we can do, aside from blocking Obama by whatever that takes at this point in November, is insuring Rand Paul or whoever the overall 'movement' as one may call it, chooses cannot be sandbagged like this and so totally, ever again. Everyone has 4 1/2 years to make sure the one that is most likely to really turn this nation around does NOT get buried this time. That is where the most productive effort lay, IMO. Things like making sure HUNDREDS are trained and ready to stand at EVERY SINGLE caucuses in 2016. Not the pitiful numbers that were run clean over this time.

@Trueamerican

You say the Repubs need this loss, that it will teach them or something. Like I said, if Obama wins I absolutely don't see that we'll have elections in 2016...or likely ever again as we've known them. I fully expect Obama to begin falling quickly into line for how Chavez runs Venezuela. He's already begun ruling by decree by way of regulatory control like a sledgehammer and those blasted executive orders every time we turn around. He's got no respect for Congress, hasn't passed a budget his entire term (09 was the last, from Bush's Congress) and openly mocks and ridicules the Supreme Court.

Bingo... We have a Chavez in OUR White House..or something real close for what I think we get if he wins a second time. So... there ya go for why I am voting how I am, at least based on what everything looks like right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Ok, I can at least accept your rationale for the decision, but I guess we view priorities different. I am a little more concerned about more tangible things I suppose. Considering that if there were no elections announced by EO, and he tried to seize power like that there would be full scale civil war, I will defer my concern to at least making a serious statement to the GOP by voting Paul come hell, high water, or a voting ballot with no room on it to write in Paul's name. lol, and I hope that doesn't give anyone any ideas....
edit on Mon Jul 30th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Personally, I cannot see even the slightest difference between Robama and Obama.. Either way, at the very very least we will keep seeing our civil liberties being lost, and bankers being pandered to etc etc under EITHER one. I think you are pretty smart and ideally seem to have the right views...which is why I am still very confused why you see anything good coming from Romney. I never can help but be shocked to hear you talk like this, actually. The liberty movement is NOT going to vote Romney, sorry, you might as well stop trying to sell him to us. The GOP means nothing to Paul voters, that's what you are missing here. Even if PAUL (not the son) endorsed Romney, I truly believe the liberty movement would never step foot in the GOP again. The ONLY reason Paul supporters registered as republicans was for Dr. Paul, the GOP can completely implode (which it should) for all I care.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join