It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Was God When I Started This Thread?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How do you figure that we choose to die ! The victims in aurora or any other tragedy did not have a choice ? Do we choose to be born ? Not that I can recall ? What religion boils down to is " do as I say , don't do as I do "

Not what i am talking about. There's 2 deaths, the phyisical then the spiritual. Ofcrouse you don't have a choice to be born, you didn't exist until you were concieved, although plenty of people do not mind violating a baby's right to be born after conception. Life is in the blood, drain the blood and we die.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How do you figure that we choose to die ! The victims in aurora or any other tragedy did not have a choice ? Do we choose to be born ? Not that I can recall ? What religion boils down to is " do as I say , don't do as I do "

We are all affected by choice, chance and the actions of others. Chance is God's providence. In this case, Aurora was the actions of others. God does not do evil, but allows for it to make free will free. If you read my last two posts, you will see the significance of being saved. Information can be saved. Jesus said, "You must be born again." In other words, you will be born again. Just ask Job or Paul or Isaiah. We can't blame God. Souls cannot die. God is long-suffering, giving us more than one baptism in the water so we can find the Spirit within us all. The Bible says it takes two or three witnesses to confirm a thing. Here are your three witnesses, Add to this John 3, Matthew 3 and the greatest of all, 1 Kings 17. In 1 Kings 17, Elijah (John the Baptizer) shows us what it actually means when he revives the widow woman's son and brings him 'down' the stairs. When Jesus was asked if John the Baptist was Elijah, he said it was as they said.

Job

I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes —I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

Paul

Acts 24
I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I don't understand this free will thing ?? If you are religious be it Christian , Muslim or whatever if you decide to exercise your "free will " your banished to an eternity in hell or you lose out on your 7 virgins , so your a slave if you don't bow down to a man made fallacy !

do you think i have stopped sinning, weather it be a conscious act or not knowing or a slip of some sort. no, but
i have accepted Jesus as my savior, he is the sacrificial lamb. that means that i don't have to do like the jewish people of old, and go buy a lamb, or doves or what ever animal,and take to the priest as my sin offering.

he has paid the price and stepped up as the offering, in their place. for all my sins past, present and future.

now that being said doesn't mean i can just go around sinning willy nilly. there will always be a price to pay for my sins. the wise person knows his sins and asks for forgiveness and accepts the consequences.

you may not see them here on earth, and there are many schools of thought on how we will be facing said consequences. to many to go into on this thread. but my faith is firm in believing, that i will see the face God. when my time comes and will be found in the lamb's book of life.

edit on 29-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Wow !! You guys are scary !! It's like reading the ingredients on a bottle of hair conditioner !!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He was texting Satan a message.

Lucifer I give up you can have it.
God

What in your name makes you think I want this mess?
This is your baby not mine.
Lou

That made me LOL,but surely you know Lucifer/Satan is already Lord of this World.Starred your comment though and S+F for OP.I am a huge TBBT fan and I love your avatar!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
Watching me type it as I questioned his whereabouts and not stopping me from mockery?

Or....2nd line.

He was probably off somewhere else knocking up innocent virgins just so he can turn around and kill their babies. He seems to think that is being a good father for some reason. Maybe?

Pssssst...Jesus had free will whether or not to redeem us through His sacrifice--at any time he could have refused.Otherwise--the point would be moot.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777

Originally posted by billy197300

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
Watching me type it as I questioned his whereabouts and not stopping me from mockery?

Or....2nd line.

He was probably off somewhere else knocking up innocent virgins just so he can turn around and kill their babies. He seems to think that is being a good father for some reason. Maybe?

Pssssst...Jesus had free will whether or not to redeem us through His sacrifice--at any time he could have refused.Otherwise--the point would be moot.

Psssst...Some guy I don't know that lived thousands of years ago has never actually DONE anything for me much less redeem any of my sins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join