If You're Poor, You Didn't Get There On Your Own. Government Helped You Get There...

page: 9
106
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom
 


I'd suggest you get some help reading my post...maybe the whole thread. I'm not blaming the poor for being poor, genius. My post is that government doesn't do anything to help the poor to get out of that situation.

Holy eff, can't people read anymore? Satire is dead, long live ignorance!

/TOA


You are correct after reading other posts on how many had misconstrued the point you were trying to make i went ahead and took my fustrations out on you and for my ignorant ramblings i apologize! I get so frustrated seeing as how many people choose to put sole blame on those people who are in the rut of poverty without considering that the blame game is here to divide the masses and cause descent amungst the population! Once again i am sorry for taking out my fustrations on yourself whom was just trying to put the blame where it belongs squarely on the elected representatives and the crony capitalists! We need to unite under the common good without selfish agendas before we take down the environment, waste the reserves of energy and kill each other off over some wealthy elitists plan for world domination! Keep fighting the good fight!
edit on 31-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: Correction




posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse
 


Maybe i missed part of one of your posts because i really don't get at what point you are trying to make!
If your asking me whether taxes should be raised on natural resources! no i don't agree! I don't think our debt will ever be properly serviced! I don't agree with printing money to deflate a currency to decrease the servicing costs!
I mostly disagree with every policy the federal reserve or the US treasury has made in the past decade! I realize
our national debt will never be paid off! Nevermind the under the table loans! I see how the banking sector is only interested in cooking the books to keep the banks from failing for another quarter, lending money from the central banks to the savings and investment houses so they can lend it to us sheeple for a profit! Yet I don't ever expect the majority to ever take notice but if they ever do they wont do anything about it! We will bitch and moan but noone will care! We will keep slaving away for our medial to minimum wages and the elitist will laugh all the way to their off shore accounts!



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom
 


I'd suggest you get some help reading my post...maybe the whole thread. I'm not blaming the poor for being poor, genius. My post is that government doesn't do anything to help the poor to get out of that situation.

Holy eff, can't people read anymore? Satire is dead, long live ignorance!

/TOA


You are correct after reading other posts on how many had misconstrued the point you were trying to make i went ahead and took my fustrations out on you and for my ignorant ramblings i apologize! I get so frustrated seeing as how many people choose to put sole blame on those people who are in the rut of poverty without considering that the blame game is here to divide the masses and cause descent amungst the population! Once again i am sorry for taking out my fustrations on yourself whom was just trying to put the blame where it belongs squarely on the elected representatives and the crony capitalists! We need to unite under the common good without selfish agendas before we take down the environment, waste the reserves of energy and kill each other off over some wealthy elitists plan for world domination! Keep fighting the good fight!
edit on 31-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: Correction


Yay! Thank you, truly. I don't blame the poor for being that way. There are those that refuse to work because they get the milk for free (so to speak), but they are in the minority. It's not the cog's fault that the machine is broken, the machine is well and truly broken. Again, thank you.

/TOA



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not a supporter of Obama but....I find it sad honestly that someone took the time to do something like this. It's like the Qaddafi at the UN thing. If you only listen to the parts they want you to it does seem kind of silly. If on the other hand you actually listen/read to the whole speech and not just what was played on the news...tends to make more sense....just saying. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Know what I mean? God what happened to ATS. I still remember the days when there was actual news, documents and real stuff not just people's feelings and rants.
edit on 31-7-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver
Not a supporter of Obama but....I find it sad honestly that someone took the time to do something like this. It's like the Qaddafi at the UN thing. If you only listen to the parts they want you to it does seem kind of silly. If on the other hand you actually listen/read to the whole speech and not just what was played on the news...tends to make more sense....just saying. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Know what I mean? God what happened to ATS. I still remember the days when there was actual news, documents and real stuff not just people's feelings and rants.
edit on 31-7-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)


Why is what the OP did sad? It's funny, and it hits home to many of us as truth. I am glad he did it. I don't really see why our current president should be safe from these kinda barbs



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by flashtrum
 


He should. Without his employees, he probably would have given up having to do it all alone.

Sorry but appeasing to emotion and sarcasm won't work here. Your bro wasn't alone. And if he didn't need any help, he wouldn't have hired Barry in the first place. He should thank his employee for being there.

A good manager is just that. A good manager. If he's # at communicating people, he did not become a good manager all alone. His assistant who was good at communicating helped him.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)


You couldn't be more right.

Except his "assistant" was not the government. It was a privately hired person who worked his butt off as well

And he sure didn't vote for Barry.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pisssss

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by pisssss
 


America spends hundreds of billions of dollars a year keeping people on welfare. That's not propaganda, that's disgusting.

And I'm not a conservative.

/TOA


Oh I see, and I guess feeding people is detrimental to those people because it makes them
dependent on food.

I am glad you are an OLD American -


You're deliberately missing the point. Nobody is advocating keeping food from hungry people. They're attempting to clue the clueless on to a disturbing fact of the dangers of big tyrannical government. It's about making sure those hungry people will never be self-sufficient again. It's about taking away their independence and even remotely attempting to get them back on their feet. It's about controlling the masses.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by pisssss

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by pisssss
 


America spends hundreds of billions of dollars a year keeping people on welfare. That's not propaganda, that's disgusting.

And I'm not a conservative.

/TOA


Oh I see, and I guess feeding people is detrimental to those people because it makes them
dependent on food.

I am glad you are an OLD American -


You're deliberately missing the point. Nobody is advocating keeping food from hungry people. They're attempting to clue the clueless on to a disturbing fact of the dangers of big tyrannical government. It's about making sure those hungry people will never be self-sufficient again. It's about taking away their independence and even remotely attempting to get them back on their feet. It's about controlling the masses.


Yes!
Where is my motivation to work, even at KFC, if I get paid more not to work? I myself have worked at KFC as a "cook" and it sucks. I worked to pay for my bills, and had zero to save. I learned, and moved on in my life.

Forcing me to give money to people that are less well off has 2 extremely bad side effects.

1) They are less likely to find their own piece of the pie...why bother, they have a free ride.

2) Makes me jaded to giving money to anyone less fortunate than myself. Why should I do so If I am forced to give my money away anyway?

Does that make me a bad person?



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
edit on 31-7-2012 by dava6711 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Man, it's hard to get a point across on a forum. I seriously think that critical thinking is a thing of the past. Only the words matter, not the meaning. I'm not going to bother explaining my OP anymore, because I'm tired of hitting people over the head. But thank goodness there are people that have posted on here, even people that normally disagree with me, that know what I'm saying apart from what I wrote.

Thanks for the all replies and discussions!

/TOA



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Man, it's hard to get a point across on a forum. I seriously think that critical thinking is a thing of the past. Only the words matter, not the meaning. I'm not going to bother explaining my OP anymore, because I'm tired of hitting people over the head. But thank goodness there are people that have posted on here, even people that normally disagree with me, that know what I'm saying apart from what I wrote.

Thanks for the all replies and discussions!

/TOA


I don't think you are off, and I enjoyed your post greatly, rest assured there are many more that do. I have been reading from here for almost 2 years, only just made an account and started posting> yes I am an ATS newbie, but I do know a few things. What you are pushing is the way of it.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The guy is a Idiot..... we paid for all this nothing with our tax dollars mis spent! THE END!!!



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Holy crap.. I'm not American but I can see what he means with his speech.

He basically means the big corporations didn't grow without any help, the startups were financed by the government.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum
 


But the government did certainly give you the roads that made his undeniably distant residence not an issue so that he could work.

And don't try to ignore the point. You have undeniably taken tax breaks and benefits the government gave out. You have gotten further because of the government in some way.

And in an ideal world, the government would have a private fund to invest in your small business if it proved viable. It would redistribute money to you for doing a good job.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 





You have undeniably taken tax breaks and benefits the government gave out. You have gotten further because of the government in some way.


This is a contradiction. If "tax breaks" benefited people it is obvious then that taxation is not beneficial and to claim one "benefits" from government because of "tax breaks" is nonsensical. You may as well argue that certain people benefited from school yard bullies because a few days out of the week they gave kids a "break" on stealing their lunch money. If it weren't for those bullies giving these "breaks" it is doubtful those children being bullied would have got very far.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux
 


Well as a person who was bullied as a kid, I can certainly tell you that there were benefits to taking their breaks, and indeed taking advantage of them. From my observation taxes are really no different.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux
 


Well as a person who was bullied as a kid, I can certainly tell you that there were benefits to taking their breaks, and indeed taking advantage of them. From my observation taxes are really no different.


Are you seriously arguing you are where you are today - in terms of success - because bullies gave you breaks? The Helsinki Syndrome comes to mind.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apleness
Holy crap.. I'm not American but I can see what he means with his speech.

He basically means the big corporations didn't grow without any help, the startups were financed by the government.


OK? WTH.. Are you serious? Where the heck do you think the government got the money from? it appeared out of thin air? it was taxed... good grief.
edit on 31-7-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux
 


No. I'm saying that dealing with bullies is a great experience to deal with anyone from government to employees. Learning how to control the mind of the aggressive and wielding it to your own advantage is a skill that, I must say, is invaluable in these troubling times.

If you want an analogy to the government, which in that case would be the school, learning how to make a bully lead himself to punishment is a great lesson to learn.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Look government does NOT make jobs, it costs money to have one. The only reason we need one is to stop another country from taking us over, and ensuring we stay strong as a union.... that is it. We do not need one for any other reason. that is a fact, you can agree or not.

But you will be wrong, look at my name, I am right
edit on 31-7-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
106
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join