It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where was God in Aurora?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by mythos

Most atheists ARE agnostics.

i suppose i always understood that an Atheist wholly disbelieves, whereas an Agnostic questions belief, though does not have the certitude of an Atheist.

i may be wrong here, and please do offer a more honed definition. this is what i've been working with all these years.

I can understand knee jerk reactions, even from my fellow atheists but if I had my way NEITHER side of the debate would attempt to capitalize on these sorts of tragedies. Honestly isn't the existence or non-existence of a God irrelevant to the facts of what happened and the impact on people's lives?

it is the Knee Jerk reactions that sully a healthy debate. i suppose the extremists of either side are not looking for a healthy debate.

and yes... the suffering caused by this heinous act trumps all debate. sometimes we just need to love one another regardless of our creeds.

cheers.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

I thought Dawkins did ok taking shots on the chin like that. Considering.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeRawInfo
reply to post by raiders247

Well.. God does not exist physically, It is a force you feel guides you. Be thankful for the fact it was not you
who's life was pointlessly taken that night, after unsuspecting victims sit and watch a film. no one expects that.

Its like when you open the cupboard to look for something... its not just going to jump out infront of you, dig deeper.

So I have to ask, where is this proof that god is a "force you feel that guides you"? Seems more like an unjustified belief to me than a provable fact. You may be 100% correct, however, without proof/data/observations your premise is no different than the ancients believing Zeus controlled thunder and lightning. I dug as deep as my shovel would go, and it was this digging that reassured my stance on not believing in things without proof/reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dear ‘god’

Thanks for stuffing up the past 2000 years and limiting our growth as a species.

If it was not for you, we would have intergalactic travel and we would inhabit other planets by now.

We would also have fewer wars, less hatred and less death and destruction.

Also, a lot more kids would be ‘safe’ from your so called paedophile priests.

Yep, you have really been worth it *%$#@ now bugger off you complete __________________

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Hi there, angry "atheist" troll. Nice to see you again. There's this little thing called "free will".

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
God was too busy answering the prayers of Joel Osteen

After all he does reel in lots of donations for hm

OMG I HATE that guy he is so fake and noone around here sees it. He only cares about your pocket book plain and simple. His church is right down the street from me and my stomach turns every time I drive past it lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Regardless of what point is being discussed here, I feel that the Aurora tragedy is being unduly exploited here just for the heck of it. Day in, day out the world witnesses catastrophes on this and more often, on a much larger scale, but the author decided to cherry pick Colorado as some kind of illustration for a really dumb point.

I'm not pro-religion and I'm not too much anti, but I hate exploitation of events just to be able to spin.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Oh right, really? So what exactly is he doing on those countries where all these people are starving? Because he must have his thumb up his arse mate.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yours or a quote, this is a great post my friend.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh, whoa is me! Another atheist drone trying to peddle his worthless wares. Be MORE desperate to hang on to your crumbling worldview.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Attack the criminal enterprises all you want. Nothing will change the fact that your worldview is extremely inadequate.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfiniteConsciousness
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Attack the criminal enterprises all you want. Nothing will change the fact that your worldview is extremely inadequate.

LOL, oh really?..... Please enlighten me, I’ll wait.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
With countless people starving to death , being tortured or living day by day in total poverty for their entire lives i guess that God might have had more important places to be than in a movie theater in one of the world most wealthy country's when that happened.

edit on 29-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Religion, full of excuses.

Followers claim that god is all-knowing. Yet they also claim he cannot be in more than one place at once.
Make your mind up.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

With countless people starving to death , being tortured or living day by day in total poverty for their entire lives i guess that God might have had more important places to be than in a movie theater in one of the world most wealthy country's when that happened.

Followers claim that god is all-knowing. Yet they also claim he cannot be in more than one place at once.
Make your mind up.

You do realize what omnipresent means, right?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Make your mind up.

Why is he omnipresent? What benefits god? What is the cause to effect the need of a god?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Make your mind up.

Why is he omnipresent? What benefits god? What is the cause to effect the need of a god?

What is the point in explaining anything of value to you when you will proceed to # on it proudly?

Make no mistake about it: Your hatred, agenda, and friends are closely noted. You didn't create this thread because you wanted an answer. You created this thread because you wanted the answers you want to hear.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Make your mind up.

What is the point in explaining anything of value to you when you will proceed to # on it proudly?

Make no mistake about it: Your hatred, agenda, and friends are closely noted. You didn't create this thread because you wanted an answer. You created this thread because you wanted the answers you want to hear.

It's that kind of answer that makes me want to shi.t on it.
Who are my "friends"? What is my "agenda"?
You assume way to much and that's your downfall.
I posted this thread, and any other thread to get a response and yes for the answers I want to hear.
I want to hear EVERYONE'S opinion on the subject.
You are a coward for not sharing yours and belittling the process continuously.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Make your mind up.

It's that kind of answer that makes me want to shi.t on it.
You assume way to much and that's your downfall.
I posted this thread, and any other thread to get a response and yes for the answers I want to hear.
I want to hear EVERYONE'S opinion on the subject.
You are a coward for not sharing yours and belittling the process continuously.

Allow me to dissertate:

They are presented clearly for all to see. As for your "agenda", It is fairly obvious. This is your second anti-christian thread in as little as a matter of days.

You assume way to much and that's your downfall. I posted this thread, and any other thread to get a response and yes for the answers I want to hear. I want to hear EVERYONE'S opinion on the subject.

Except for Christians, since you've already made up your mind. Just wondering: Why the hatred against Christians? Do you single out Muslims, Jews, Hindus, et al, with the same vitriol?

You are a coward for not sharing yours and belittling the process continuously

I am far from a coward for calling you out for what you are. You have my answer to your "question" already.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
God is everywhere. You can't imagine He's likes what goes down anymore than anyone else who suffers does.

He may be the reason the AK-47 jammed leaving 100 bullets un-fired. Who knows?????

When the SHTF He gets the blame. This world is not utopia. Bad things happen 24/7. We are God's hands in this world. Hope these comments have been brought up already.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Allow me to dissertate:

You may.

They are presented clearly for all to see. As for your "agenda", It is fairly obvious. This is your second anti-christian thread in as little as a matter of days.

I can't question God? I can't question Christianity? I can't make threads? (I can't, but I do)

Except for Christians, since you've already made up your mind. Just wondering: Why the hatred against Christians? Do you single out Muslims, Jews, Hindus, et al, with the same vitriol?

I've chosen Christians because they chose me.
The one that subjected me when I was a child to their doctrine, something in me knew it was wrong.
Now that i've aged i've come to notice the same in them all but I "attack" Christianity because I hope that maybe perhaps I can change minds in time. The debate isn't in my hands but the result of what is said between you all.
It's not about being Atheist or anything stupid with a label. We are all people. On a planet.
Eventually it will be common knowledge. It's not the concept of denying people their right to a god, they can believe what they want. Believing in something that doesn't exist is far worse then believing in nothing..

We should be in search of what god is, not come to a conclusion based on hearsay like any of these religions have done, as of yet those claims have no basis in reality.

If it were up to me, I would have us start from scratch right now, a world project to find god.
Conclusive proof of a god, even 1 piece of evidence,
I would be a follower for life, that's why I search, in my own way.

I am far from a coward for calling you out for what you are.

Why, there is no risk involved?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join