It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists only understand 4% of universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think this Russian interview is 3% too generous.

This is why, in part, I have a hard time believing what people (mere Human beings living in 3D) conclude about what's going on out there and/or caught on tape.

For instance....all the Moon and Sun anomalies. I know I know I know, they're thought (and concluded) to all be glitches of some sort but what if...some alien life form (which is a part of the 96% that we don't understand) has the same attributes and characteristics of a glitch? Why not?

After all, we only know 4% and of THAT, we're probably 1% correct. So the odds are really stacked up against us for being correct (especially in ATS) when we apply 'common sense' with our limited laws of science towards things that are truly alien to us.

Despite all the scientific breakthroughs and Nobel Prizes for discoveries, scientists seem to be no nearer to a possible answer to their main question - why did the universe appear?

­RT sat down to talk to Aleksey Filippenko, an American astrophysicist and professor of astronomy at the University of California, Berkeley, CA.

He was the member of the team that received 2011 Nobel Prize for discovering the dark energy that is speeding up the expansion of the entire universe.

And he believes that it could have sprung into existence without any divine help whatsoever.

RT: You maintain you do not need any divine help to explain how the universe came to be. So, what is your version?

www.rt.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I agree with you Human_Alien we don't know JACK about the universe in the grand scheme of things. It is arrogant for modern man to assume any different.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Limited laws of science ?
Do you realize that we are currently building instruments that can detect fluctuations in the Plank units?
We are able to analyze the Universe in its smallest frequencies.

I have a feeling you are blaming science for the absence of scientific evidence for aliens.

edit on 29-7-2012 by CompisMentis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wouldn't you need to know what 100% is though to be able to come to the conclusion that we only know around 4%?

So it's more like we know 4% of the universe against what we imagine 100% would be? I mean I don't understand how you can put something like this into a percentage?

That 4% in reality is probably closer too 0.0000001%. If what we know is 4% already, then 100% doesn't sound all too impressive.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MartyrCollect
Wouldn't you need to know what 100% is though to be able to come to the conclusion that we only know around 4%?

So it's more like we know 4% of the universe against what we imagine 100% would be? I mean I don't understand how you can put something like this into a percentage?

That 4% in reality is probably closer too 0.0000001%. If what we know is 4% already, then 100% doesn't sound all too impressive.

It is a misconception of the people scientifically illiterate to say that we only know 4% of the universe.

What they are referring to is that only 4% of the Universe is Material (matter) 96% being dark matter and dark energy that we cannot observed.

Therefore we can only observe 4% of the Universe. It does not mean we know nothing of the 96%.

As for what we really understand i do not think it is quantifiable.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You make more sense then that "Expert".

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

Until we understand how the universe started we don't know JACK. We don't even understand tine properly yet or even our own brains fully. We barely use half of our brains.

Yeah, we are pretty cool but we don't know JACK.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CompisMentis

Do you realize that we are currently building instruments that can detect fluctuations in the plank units?

I have a feeling you are blaming science for the absence of scientific evidence for aliens.

Instruments? That's what you think we're lacking?

We're lacking wisdom because we're too busy becoming intelligent! You know, the intelligence to learn how to make weapons?.....that kinda of intelligence!
Yeah, you're right. We don't have the proper instruments. That's what's missin'

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think this Russian interview is 3% too generous.

I agree , and i think you're being generous with that 1%

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Until we understand how the universe started we don't know JACK. We don't even understand tine properly yet or even our own brains fully. We barely use half of our brains.

1. We are working on it.
2.time ? we do understand time.
3. Brain remains a mystery but we are working on it.
4. That is a myth you use pretty much all of your brain.

I am saying we as in the human species.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Do you realize that we are currently building instruments that can detect fluctuations in the plank units?

Instruments? That's what you think we're lacking?

We're lacking wisdom because we're too busy becoming intelligent! You know, the intelligence to learn how to make weapons?.....that kinda of intelligence!
Yeah, you're right. We don't have the proper instruments. That's what's missin'

If you are going to use sophism against me at least do it properly. What you said in regards to what i wrote earlier makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

We really don't. But egos think differently. They look back to compare. They compare nuclear scientists to cavemen.
But if you look forward, we're still the cavemen.
We don't know squat. Not even close to it. We're on the perimeter with quantum mechanics but we're still cavemen but at least we're leaning in the right direction here.

Everyone needs to experience an OBE, NDE, an abduction or even astral projection to realize how vast 'life' is and how truly limited we are here. Literally and in our teachings.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Considering the arrogant way scientists and scientism thralls puff themselves up, you'd think we understand 96% of the universe instead of 4%.

"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth.' and so it goes away. Puzzling." - R. Pirsig

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

We really don't. But egos think differently. They look back to compare. They compare nuclear scientists to cavemen.
But if you look forward, we're still the cavemen.
We don't know squat. Not even close to it. We're on the perimeter with quantum mechanics but we're still cavemen but at least we're leaning in the right direction here.

Everyone needs to experience an OBE, NDE, an abduction or even astral projection to realize how vast 'life' is and how truly limited we are here. Literally and in our teachings.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Any Astrophysicist will tell you how limited we are. The scientist studying the cosmos are actually way more humble than you might think.

You just reminded me of something, i will go start a thread.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
4 % of our universe..crazy...we don't even know more than 6% of our own oceans and their species...let alone even that much about the universe around us...jokes!

check it out;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

1. We are working on it.
2.time ? we do understand time.
3. Brain remains a mystery but we are working on it.
4. That is a myth you use pretty much all of your brain.

I am saying we as in the human species.

We know nothing.

We do NOT understand time because time is relative. Once we understand the Universe, we can go backwards and forwards. How can you achieve that with 'time'?

We are extremely limited in this density.

Try to have an OBE. There are videos on how to experience one if you don't know how to. It's not easy but once you do.....you'll see. You almost have to close your eyes to see what's really out there. Out there is truth. Not on this planet. Not now. This planet is too busy with consumerism and weaponry to ever see the truth.

And science is actually part of the problem not solution.
Hopefully you'll see one of these days.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If you are going to use sophism against me at least do it properly. What you said in regards to what i wrote earlier makes no sense.

Sophism? Not my fault you don't understand.
I'm not doing anything against you. Just trying to explain where I'm coming from. Don't understand? That's perfectly okay

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Any finite, designated percentage of infinite is infinitesimal, It being a kinetic existence and not static.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Do you realize that we are currently building instruments that can detect fluctuations in the Plank units?

Church of the Instrumentality.

am i correct.?

as i posted in another thread
many so called scientists confuse the shadows projected on their screens
with the real thing
edit on 29-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
4% of what we know maybe
but we dont know everything
i cant even imagine how vast the universe is
makes my brain turn to liquid!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join