It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox “news”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“Now you can deny the 1st Amendment to those with whom you disagree with, or you can stop listening to them.”
Beezzer
That makes no sense at all, pure gibberish. So, according to you, if one points out lies that means that one is against freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!
You're more than welcome to point out lies. But to single out a specific network without stating that other networks play the same game is disingenuous and stinks of bias and partisanship.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It has been proven that fox is far more intense in its use of lies then any other network. To hold that position is not bias , it is the truth.
Now, if you disagree with that contention then debate it . Stop taking the weinie position that people must view all news organizations and political positions as equal.
Yes, I do have a position. The idea that having a political philosophy or position is wrong is silly. We all have a view!
If you are consistent then all the anti-Obama and anti-MSN threads are biased and reek. Your position means the end of political debate and any hope for communication between the various positions.
PS; Actually, you should read the posts before commenting on them. I repeatedly said that MSN has been inaccurate.Anyway, that doesn't really matter. Threads concentrate on one subject and there is nothing wrong with that. *
edit on 30-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

* As I pointed out in my OP there have been many many anti-MSN threads. This provides balance. Why did you not protest those anti-MSN and anti-Obama threads? HMMM hypocrisy perhaps?I never wished to edit my opponents, why do you?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

Fine, your thread, you can define the parameters.

Fox irritates so many, such as yourself, because it speaks from a conservative viewpoint. It may not be accurate, as others have pointed out, but many here confuse the actual "news" portion of FOX with the "opinion" segments that are also on FOX.

Do you differentiate the two? Or are you so partisan that any attempt to illustrate a differing of opinion send the Media matters" types into fits?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Why did you not protest those anti-MSN and anti-Obama threads? HMMM hypocrisy perhaps?

Nope. I'm biased and proud. I'm partisan and make no bones about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Your position is analogous to a prosecutor that refuses to prosecute a particular bank robber because that would show bias. After all he is not prosecuting all the other bank robbers.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Your position is analogous to a prosecutor that refuses to prosecute a particular bank robber because that would show bias. After all he is not prosecuting all the other bank robbers.

Not at all. I freely admit that FOX shows bias. Only it's MY TYPE OF BIAS.

Now MSNBC might be more to your taste, it certainly isn't mine.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
“Fox irritates so many, such as yourself, because it speaks from a conservative viewpoint.
Beezzer
My motives are not the issue. I would never dismiss all your posts because you are right wing. I have presented a mountain of evidence that clearly shows that fox outright lies even more then any other network.

“It may not be accurate, as others have pointed out, but many here confuse the actual "news" portion of FOX with the "opinion" segments that are also on FOX.
Do you differentiate the two?”
Beezzer
Perhaps you should go back and read my posts. I agreed with
2XOHsurf that Beck, O’Reilly, Hannity etc cannot be trusted. I then concentrated on the “news” section of fox. With the exception when
2XOHsurf brought up O’Reilly in particular.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

“Fox irritates so many, such as yourself, because it speaks from a conservative viewpoint.
Beezzer
My motives are not the issue. I would never dismiss all your posts because you are right wing. I have presented a mountain of evidence that clearly shows that fox outright lies even more then any other network.

“It may not be accurate, as others have pointed out, but many here confuse the actual "news" portion of FOX with the "opinion" segments that are also on FOX.
Do you differentiate the two?”
Beezzer
Perhaps you should go back and read my posts. I agreed with
2XOHsurf that Beck, O’Reilly, Hannity etc cannot be trusted. I then concentrated on the “news” section of fox. With the exception when
2XOHsurf brought up O’Reilly in particular.

Can you qualitatively show me the number of lies that FOX have stated versus the number of lies that any other network has stated?

No.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Actually, it is well documented that fox lies far more then any other network. Show me 10 or 15 occasions that MSN outright lied as outrageously as fox. Why must I be the one to provide all the evidence?
Anyway, I woke up for a drink of water and am going back to bed because I got to be at work in 3 hours.
However,
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I trust FOX News much more than I do any of the network news stations and especially CNN and MSNBC.

FOX News is much more fair and balanced.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)
You are just kidding.... Please tell me that this is really a joke and you are trying to be funny..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Actually, it is well documented that fox lies far more then any other network. Show me 10 or 15 occasions that MSN outright lied as outrageously as fox. Why must I be the one to provide all the evidence?
Anyway, I woke up for a drink of water and am going back to bed because I got to be at work in 3 hours.
However,
www.youtube.com...

I'd be interested in that "documentation".

Cheers

beez

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
FOX news is the devil. So is all the media on TV. SHUT OFF YOUR TVS!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CdaddyakaCmurder
FOX news is the devil. So is all the media on TV. SHUT OFF YOUR TVS!

But then I can't watch "The Big Bang Theory".

Also, if a person is so weak to fall under any influence that tv has to offer, your warning will fall upon deaf ears.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I have read many comments at ATS about MSN. However, MSN’s inaccuracies are miniscule when compared to fox “news” lies that occur on a daily basis.

You only think they're "miniscule" because they tilt in your ideological direction. The MSM is in the tank for the Democrats in a big way. They lie every single day. Their lies are well documented on sites like Newsbusters. The big difference is there isn't nearly the outrage about their lies.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ace High

Most people don't even know they're playing

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'll also say this. I don't watch TV at all (haven't in about a year), but I do remember that Fox had quite a few liberals on their network. None of the other networking have right leaning people. Not ABC, NBC, CNN or CBS. It's all liberal democrats, all the time.

So say what you will about Fox. Chances are, you're a lock step Democrat who never criticizes media that carries water for Democrats.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This thread is not about bias it is about outright lies ( of which I have given many many examples from fox “news”). Where in that site you gave is an outright MSN lie? The worst I saw was that MSN gave Romney’s gaffe more air time then Obama’s gaffe from 4 years ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
“Chances are, you're a lock step Democrat who never criticizes media that carries water for Democrats.”

PvtHudson
Seriously, you should read posts before commenting on them.
Here I’ll repeat that post (a mere 6 or 7 posts ago),

“Have you ever considered how many times your President Obama did the same exact mistake?”
2XOHsurf
For God’s sake read posts before responding to them ( and at least give evidence for your speculations) .
I posted this, www.youtube.com...
Did “fair and balanced” fox “news” ever air a show critical of Bush ( while he was in office) like MSN did with Obama?
Also, you ( like all fanatics) see everything simplistically (in black and white.) The fact that I am critical of fox "news" does not mean that I am a fan of Obama. If you believe that only pro fox and anti Obama threads should be allowed at least have the honesty and courage to admit it!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

“Chances are, you're a lock step Democrat who never criticizes media that carries water for Democrats.”

PvtHudson
Seriously, you should read posts before commenting on them.
Here I’ll repeat that post (a mere 6 or 7 posts ago),

“Have you ever considered how many times your President Obama did the same exact mistake?”
2XOHsurf
For God’s sake read posts before responding to them ( and at least give evidence for your speculations) .
I posted this, www.youtube.com...
Did “fair and balanced” fox “news” ever air a show critical of Bush ( while he was in office) like MSN did with Obama?
Also, you ( like all fanatics) see everything simplistically (in black and white.) The fact that I am critical of fox "news" does not mean that I am a fan of Obama. If you believe that only pro fox and anti Obama threads should be allowed at least have the honesty and courage to admit it!

Where's your criticism of Obama, MSNBC, media matters, huff poo, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Go back and reread my posts we already addressed that.
They are so recent that many are on this page!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join