It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox “news”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
" Senator John Rockefeller (D-WV), stated on July 12, 2011 that there should be a government investigation into News Corporation "to ensure that Americans have not had their privacy violated."[29] His statement was echoed on Wednesday by Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) who specifically requested an investigation into 9/11 victims, as well as Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) who encouraged an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.[29] On July 13, 2011, Representative Peter King (R-NY) wrote a letter to the FBI requesting an investigation into News Corporations ethical practices, and on July 14, the FBI opened a probe into the hacking of 9/11 victims.[30] Les Hinton, chief executive of the media group's Dow Jones, resigned on July 15 saying, "I have seen hundreds of news reports of both actual and alleged misconduct during the time I was executive chairman of News International and responsible for the company. The pain caused to innocent people is unimaginable. That I was ignorant of what apparently happened is irrelevant and in the circumstances I feel it is proper for me to resign from News Corp, and apologise to those hurt by the actions of the News of the World." [31]

In 2012, following a BBC Panorama report, allegations were made that News Corp subsidiary, News Datacom Systems (NDS) had used hackers to undermine pay TV rivals around the world. Some of the victims of the alleged hacking, such as Austar were later taken over by News Corp and others such as Ondigital later went bust. NDS had originally been set up to provide security to News Corp's pay TV interests but emails obtained by Fairfax Media revealed they had also pursued a wider agenda by distributing the keys to rival set top box operators and seeking to obtain phone records of suspected rivals.[32] The emails were from the hard drive of NDS European chief, Ray Adams. In 2012, it was also revealed that Australian Federal police were working with UK police to investigate hacking by News Corp.[33]
FROM
en.wikipedia.org...

I am not saying that MSN is always accurate. But can you come up with anything as slimy as what fox does?

edit on 29-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wanted to underline the below

to ensure that Americans have not had their privacy violated."[29]
On July 13, 2011, Representative Peter King (R-NY) wrote a letter to the FBI requesting an investigation into News Corporations ethical practices, and on July 14, the FBI opened a probe into the hacking of 9/11 victims.
Les Hinton, chief executive of the media group's Dow Jones, resigned on July 15 saying, "I have seen hundreds of news reports of both actual and alleged misconduct during the time I was executive chairman of News International and responsible for the company. The pain caused to innocent people is unimaginable. That I was ignorant of what apparently happened is irrelevant and in the circumstances I feel it is proper for me to resign from News Corp,

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
AHHH so the clip of O'Reilly was an actor impersonating O'Reilly!!!!

Like shooting fish in a barrel!

Look, you are an embarrassment to yourself. You can sit there and cut-and-paste a million links then expect everyone to follow your every word but you're simply masturbating in public.

Let take this one step at a time. Then I'm done with your foolishness.

First, it's pitiful that you have to go all the way back to Nov 2010 to find your best example. You've been holding that grudge for WAY too long my friend, it will eat you alive.

From CBS news

Earlier this week, the Press Trust of India reported that the United States will "be spending a whopping $200 million per day on President Barack Obama's visit" to Mumbai.

Here is the source of the information given to Fox.
www.ptinews.com...

Now take it up with them. Did the India press deny reporting that?

Next point, FOX ran with it unabashedly, I'll grant you that. Does that make them "liars", or premature with the story? Have you ever considered how many times your President Obama did the same exact mistake? What does that make him?

BTW, how much DID the trip cost? How many jobs were outsourced to India as a result? Do you deny that Obama's entourage was much larger than any other president? What if they reported it was a SH*tl0ad? Is this really important? Does ANYBODY know what it cost? Your argument is too lame to continue with this. You WANT to believe that Fox is the big bad wolf and will find any miniscule reason to support your ego. bye

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
UMM OK you do not believe clips because you think that they are faked.( Seriously, that was O'Reilly) . If you had watched the clip you would have realized that O'reilly and fox knew that it did not cost $200,000,000 a day and they continued to report it anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I trust FOX News much more than I do any of the network news stations and especially CNN and MSNBC.

FOX News is much more fair and balanced.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
reply to post by muse7

No doubt they have a bias, some shows more than others.

Who does not?

But these constant claims of "liars" is ridiculous and transparent as all get out.

Fox's bias is that they report... and discuss... items that other MSM won't even touch because of their bias.

This infuriates people on the left who would rather sweep inconvenient truth under their dirty rug. imho

the only reason other MSM outlets do not discuss those items are because they are
often times hyperbolic or completely made up. The more controversy the more viewers,
the more revenue; if FOX's stories were true, everyone would tell them, money talks
and you know it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
“Have you ever considered how many times your President Obama did the same exact mistake?”
2XOHsurf
For God’s sake read posts before responding to them ( and at least give evidence for your speculations) .
I posted this,
www.youtube.com...
Did “fair and balanced” fox “news” ever air a show critical of Bush ( while he was in office) like MSN did with Obama?
Also, you ( like all fanatics) see everything simplistically (in black and white.) The fact that I am critical of fox "news" does not mean that I am a fan of Obama. If you believe that only pro fox and anti Obama threads should be allowed at least have the honesty and courage to admit it!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I trust FOX News much more than I do any of the network news stations and especially CNN and MSNBC.

FOX News is much more fair and balanced.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

You trust FOX because they tell you what you want to hear

End of Story

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
“Do you deny that Obama's entourage was much larger than any other president?”
2XOHsurf
WOW! Obama’s entourage was paid $200,000,000 a day!!!! Good grief! Fox "news" took that claim seriously?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The $200,000,000 en.wikipedia.org... reminds me of,
www.dailykos.com...
www.youtube.com...
Is anyone so gullible that they would believe (actually, yes. Most are sheeple) that streetwise urban workers would confuse
www.youtube.com...
( A.K.A. en.wikipedia.org... 's stooge , see the first video in this post for a real laugh! He looks like the Beave dressed up as Huggy Bear)
for
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pisssss

That's a really good point.

"You trust ______________ because they tell you what you want to hear"

I think that sentence could be completed in numerous ways and it could describe numerous people of varying ideologies and beliefs.

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
“You can sit there and cut-and-paste a million links then expect everyone to follow your every word but you're simply masturbating in public.”
2XOHsurf
Ah yes, resorting to childish name-calling when one’s “arguments” are proven to be silly and incoherent. What next? Are you going to call me a poopy head? I will still present en.wikipedia.org... and empirical evidence. However, just this once I will stoop to your level.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
defend the large corporate propaganda machine.....compare it to smaller ones and some how imply it is vindicated by its being a large part of disinformation and not the propaganda machine entirely.

Although to consider that the people who own it make it a business to direct the flow of information to subvert the democratic process to chose one candidate based on partisan spin that divides the country instead of just informing people, is revealing to say the least.

defend them.....you only identify yourself as part of the partisan traitors who think their people are too dumb to get the information and decide for themselves.

here is little diddy.

In a conversation with Fox News celebrities, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity, that was picked up by an open microphone, Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corp., repeatedly referred to Fox News viewers as morons and white trash. The incident took place as the three men were sitting together at a benefit dinner for the Ann Coulter defense fund. Apparently, they had been drinking heavily which may account for their lack of restraint and obliviousness to the open microphone that was positioned directly in front of them.

At one point, while addressing O'Reilly and Hannity, Murdoch said, "Can you believe the # we get away with? Good thing our viewers are dumb as doorknobs or else we would be in trouble." To which, Hannity laughed and then replied, "Yeah, I heard that people who watch Fox News have to wear bibs to catch their drool so their sofas won't be stained by the tobacco juice, and that's just the women." O'Reilly, also laughing, then joined in by saying, "Hey, how many Fox viewers does it take to change a light bulb? None, they all refuse to change the bulb because they prefer living in the dark."

However, the unkindest cut of all that is sure to enrage Fox viewers came at the end of the conversation when Murdoch raised his glass in a toast and said, "God bless trailer park trash and idiots everywhere. Without them Fox News would be nothing and I would not be a billionaire."

After news of the recorded conversation became public, Fox News released the following brief statement, "We encourage our viewers to reject anything they hear or see that does not come directly from Fox News. Fox News is the only source of information you need for Fair and Balanced™ coverage.

assimilatedpress.blogspot.com.es...

poor Murdoch......we are just not being fair, he is not the worst....that makes him like Jesus.

you guys want to see Clinton rip chris wallace a new one....

I promise it will make you smile....

How about Jessie Ventura schooling Eric Boling, the corporate apologist

or hanity

how about Clinton again with the lord of dumbasses o'reilly

or Phil Donahue vs that little angry man with penis envy.

or again, the national spin fool vs Richard Dawkins

or some guy in a union hat that proves that trust fund babies pretending to be OWS are not representitive of the intelignece of the average person. Fooling no one.

edit on 29-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
when will you people learn...

fox news is not news.. its infotainment
thats what the judge ruled it when fox got taken to court for decieving the public.

it never was news

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

The tv I own has an "off" button. I'm also able to change the channel on mine.
(I paid extra for that option).

Now you can deny the 1st Amendment to those with whom you disagree with, or you can stop listening to them.

I'm guessing you're going with the former rather than the latter.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
not just fox. pretty much all news is unsafe, meaning that anybody can and most likely has lied.

even stuff here on above top secret.

peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

you're not allowed to lie on a food label if you're a manufacturer, you're not allowed to lie when applying for government i.d. but i guess it's o.k. to lie about the state of the world you live in, the dangers you face and the destruction of an economy that hundreds of millions rely on to survive.

well, thanks for coming out will be history's reply to the experiment known as the u.s. of a.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Don't people remember fables and old tales anymore?

Why would you ever trust a fox to begin with? Those sly animals..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

PLEASE READ:

Do not be fooled.
Yes FOX 'news' is obviously a pile of crap.

But...

It has a purpose.
Because it makes the other media outlets, which are less obvious piles of crap look legitimate. They are just as bad as fox just not quite as blatant about.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
“Now you can deny the 1st Amendment to those with whom you disagree with, or you can stop listening to them.”
Beezzer
That makes no sense at all, pure gibberish. So, according to you, if one points out lies that means that one is against freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I am for free speech. You are the one against it. My solution is to engage the liars in open debate. Yours is to censor them with an off button.
I will never understand that attitude, that running away from issues that directly impact one’s country is somehow a good thing.

edit on 30-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join