It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant Astral Project, need advice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've never been successful in Astral Travel for a few reasons. When I get extremely close to projecting like while I'm in the vibrating stage, the first time I got that close I got scared and stopped. I quickly got over it and decided to attempt it again. When I tried again I felt so uncomfortable, I'll feel super hot for 4 seconds than extremely cold after then back to hot. That just stopped me from making any progress and i failed to project. The next night i try again....

When i attempted to do it all was going fine... But i just couldn't get outside my body.. Frustrated after numerous attempts i decided to come here.

Here's how I try to Astral Travel.
I go to bed usually at 12 am, I lay in bed and close my eyes taking all the thoughts out of my head and relaxing until I have a nice slow breath. First I feel as if my hands aren't there anymore like I can't feel them. That feeling quickly engulfs my body and I can't feel anything as if I'm not there. Then I feel my heartbeat pulsating through my whole body strongly and I try to visualize my body coming out of me but it doesn't happen.

I just lay there trying to get our but can't. I don't know what to do and while I'm trying to get out I get all uncomfortable and hot. I don't know what to do at that point. I would just be there for an hour trying to get out

I'm hoping here someone whose at experience knows what to do at that point and would tell me what I should do then.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've done it a few times after getting to the vibrating stage. What happened with me is that I awoke to my body vibrating all over so once I knew what was going on I just calmly rose out of my body. Perhaps it has to do with fear or belief. I honestly had no fear, I was actually excited that it was happening and there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to be able to project out of my body. Unfortunately, I can't do it on willingly it just seems to happen without warning when I'm sleeping. Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Your lucky you can even get to the vibrating stage, I've only been to the part when my arms, legs and lower body was asleep, but than suddenly I have to swallow or something is itching, and I have to start over again
anyway good luck.

link   
reply to post by 3raser

You sound like you're trying to meditate into astral projection. If It's not working for you try projecting from a lucid dream. There are many techniques for lucid dreaming so try some of those.

Also don't get scared and put off in your attempts. It sounds like you might be close to sleep paralysis, which can also lead to astral projection. Just go with the feelings.

link   
I think the problem you have is that you simply want it too much.
I've never astral projected before (although I've tried numerous times, I'm just kinda lazy lately) but the only thing that kept me from reaching my goal was frustration. You need to come to terms with the fact that you can't learn to astral project overnight, it takes time and practice. Simply relax and don't get angry when you fail. Reward yourself with some sleep if you don't succeed, maybe try to lucid dream.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yea you basically just need to realize it's normal to have the vibrating thing happen. The more fear, the less chance of accepting the experience. Once you fully accept it, you'll likely "pop out"...as it seems to be the case

I've had it happen so many times, but still realize it's likely just a mind hack of sorts. I realize others believe differently, and that's okay. It's still an awesome experience that I enjoy thoroughly. I guess the only concern I have with it is that I'm now of the belief that there's actual seizure activity going on when we're in this state, and it may be causing brain damage that could accumulate over the experiences and become noticeable in later years of ones life. Maybe so, maybe not!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'll give you an odd tip, learn to observe the room/ceiling, in darkness, whilst lying on your back, with your eyes shut ...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
good advice all around

1st everyone astral projects

nightly

they just don't remember

keep a dream diary
when you can remember all of your dreams every morning you'll see the truth of that

ssup is correct concerning lust of result

switch to lucid dreaming and put AP on the back burner of the unconscious

unless you are an experienced mediator, it is much easier to spontaneously "pop out"
while you are waking from a dream than from a waking state

the real trick to AP and LD is being aware and retaining memory

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

Here's a helpful guide that might help ...

Oneironauts: A Quick Tutorial on How To Have Lucid Dreams
(and a handy PDF with some links in the bookmark panel)

I'd be curious to know how it works out for you.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Wow Xtraeme, some super interesting and fascinating posts from you.....reading right now...
---

>>
I take it you believe lucid dreams are some form of astral projection? I've yet to be completely convinced this is actually the case. Even when I have out of body experiences, I've noticed elements that suggest the environments are simply my mind generating the information.
>>

Here a question...is there actual "evidence" that AP is indeed different from LD? I read so many reports on AP/OOBE and LD and the borders are really fuzzy. I really, really believe AP and LD are the same thing, only differing in the method to "get out" maybe.

I myself had plenty of LD etc. experiences similar to yours and i would also call them OOBE/AP...but the classic understanding supposedly is that one can experience the real, physical world when AP....but to be honest i am not so sure about this.

By the way....my personal take on this is that it's actually irrelevant trying to discern between having an experience as "astral body" in the "real world" or having a LD in "another world" (not our true, physical world)...since the difference between the two becomes extremely irrelevant. In the moment of an LD/AP etc. experience, everything feels as "real" as it can only get..down to interaction with others...so from a certain point of view it doesn't make sense to "do away" an experience as "oh, it's just a LD"....suggesting it "is only a dream" or similar. (Sidenote: While dreams, on the other hand, could AS WELL be related there somehow also, maybe LDs/OOBEs where we are simply in another state of consciousness as opposed to LD/AP. There is OFTEN an eery, eery feeling of familiarity and "oh i know that" when i do LD...like i come back somewhere i have been many times already)

I also like your concluding thought that there is "more to it" based on your experiences, for me there is almost no doubt that LD/AP (dreaming as well??) is entering, let's say, a parallel reality besides our physical one - and i just cant see for the life of it that all the elements are created by our brain. If it were the case, how can you eg. talk to others in a dream, get an unexpected answer...or even have the element of surprise in it etc...?
edit on 29-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
reply to post by Xtraeme

>>
I take it you believe lucid dreams are some form of astral projection? I've yet to be completely convinced this is actually the case. Even when I have out of body experiences, I've noticed elements that suggest the environments are simply my mind generating the information.
>>

Here a question...is there actual "evidence" that AP is indeed different from LD? I read so many reports on AP/OOBE and LD and the borders are really fuzzy. I really, really believe AP and LD are the same thing, only differing in the method to "get out" maybe.

I myself had plenty of LD etc. experiences similar to yours and i would also call them OOBE/AP...but the classic understanding supposedly is that one can experience the real, physical world when AP....but to be honest i am not so sure about this.

]

This is exactly my issue with AP, and I'm becoming ever more convinced that what a lot of people call Astral Projecting is just Lucid Dreaming. At the very least, there isn't the consensus that you'd expect if AP was as commonplace as this forum seems to suggest.
edit on 7/29/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

I've never been successful in Astral Travel

Neither has anybody else. Anybody who tells you they have is hallucinating, self-deluded or just plain lying.

I suggest you take up a more fruitful hobby, such as gardening.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 3raser

Once you have the intention before sleeping at night, intending to astral project, you did it. It may just be that at some point you lost consciousness and it became a "dream" so-to-speak, or you just don't remember.

I thought I wasn't doing it either until I had confirmation that I was.

So now, you should practice trying to hold consciousness or to remember. For consciousness, just say, "I am aware I am dreaming" over and over and when you eventually you'll get it and be aware in your dream and then you can go to astral realm because lucid dreaming is very close to it.

practice makes perfect.

edit on 31-7-2012 by arpgme because: more detail

top topics

join