NWO Survival Planning

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
On Thermal imaging:

We could always coat ourselves in tin foil

Or wear completely white clothing, which has an added bonus, even if we are spotted, we might be mistaken for dead anyway

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
can a human eat seals, if so i think i have a perfect place where i will head for.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
can a human eat seals, if so i think i have a perfect place where i will head for.

Humans can eat anything
...some sick people do eat anything like eachother lol

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
running away is not cowardice, i would rather make my enemy use its resources to find me and fight me on the ground of my choosing, rather than stay in the city where they have the advantage.
As for the thermal imaging problem, ninjas cant do anything about that, lol

[edit on 21-10-2004 by genuineninja]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I find an NWO to this extent to be very unrealistic. Why enforce marshal law upon the country to control them when you can do it in silence, not letting the public catch on to you pulling their strings.

I just don't think it's possible that these leaders of the NWO could manage the sheer amount of people because it takes manpower to do that. And I am pretty sure that those men and women ordered to do such horrible things would refuse because they'd basically be doing it to themselves and to loved ones...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Again....This is a hypothetical situation. We are assuming for the sake of arguement that the NWO does exist and can and will take over. We are not debating whether or not it will happen, but rather how to survive in the event of a catastrophic event whether by man's hands or nature's.

Indigo...Look for Paladin Press. They may have some useful info for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Double post. OOPS!

[edit on 11/8/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My partner & I got on the bug out bag wagon not too long ago. For two reasons - we were very non-conforming in a conformity-oriented area; there was a constant immediate threat of forest fires for long periods of time.

We figured on one hand, it might be prudent to disappear if we got wind of any "witch burnings" and on the other, seeing wildfire smoke coming up behind the ridge next to the house might mean bugging out before the roads closed and the place burnt.

We also have pets that we took into account. Now this puts us out of the backpack & run exodus, but families tend to change one's options.

We have a pack with one change of clothes each. Good sturdy outdoor multi-purpose clothes. Boots. Emergency blankets, fire-making items, copies of bank records, passports, cash, a copy of How to Survive in the Woods, food for a couple of days - nuts, dried fruit, jerky, vac-packed tuna, etc. As much water as we could pack around the rest of the stuff. A decent array of first aid materials. Lighting, compass (yes, I know how to read it) and so on. We pretty much tried to include what most websites have listed for the "standard" bug out bag.

Then we have our 72-hour "stay put" kit. Two smallish rubbermaid totes. One for humans, one for pets. More food, more light, more water, more first aid, a certain amount of camping gear. Lots of bottled water, pet carriers, camp stove & fuel. This is in case of power outage, natural disaster type problem. Obviously, we can't pack it all on foot, but it's a fast easy pack into my car. My Outback is also a rolling bug out kit to a limited extent. First aid, fire-making, water, food, a big plastic painters tarp (packs small, makes good tent), hammer, small splitting maul/hatchet, hand tools, rope, and so on. What ever I could pack into all the hidey holes in back of my car.

I also have & have read many times, books on medicinal/food native plants in my area, "primitive" skills such as food preservation, game dressing, etc. We also ordered a "canned garden". Mega-packed assortment of non-hybridized vegetable seeds, chosen for hardiness and short growing season in most areas. I'm thinkig even without a catastrophic event, either global warming or running out of oil for commodity distribution will wreak havoc. Being able to grow our own food at very least will be fun and save some money, at most keep us from starving.

I realize anyone with more firepower can take anything we have, including our lives. But the things we've done to prepare ourselves fit right in with our lifestyle now. Camping, gardening, historical reenactment, and general self-sufficiency leanings. By having back up systems and integrating food production into our everyday life, we may be able to ride out a lot of crap. But if anyone is rounding up subversives, or if there's a nuclear blast, etc. we're SOL. Oh well...

Oh yeah, we have slight firepower at the moment, and time permitting, I plan to learn longbow. For hunting and whatever. And learn to make my own bowstring and arrows too.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

And I am pretty sure that those men and women ordered to do such horrible things would refuse because they'd basically be doing it to themselves and to loved ones...

If these men and women are from foreign countries, and/OR if they are told that there has been some mass disease (or some variant thereof), they only know what they are told about the population. Therefore in the absence of knowing the population's version of reality, they make their decisions based on a contrived "need to know" reality. Also, I don't think anyone is saying that this will be an "all of a sudden" aka "shock & awe" approach. Most of the things I've read have postulated a gradual and systematic agenda of control. If the power goes off for good, you know it is only a matter of time.

MK

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My family and the group who I will be traveling with spent the day today going through this thread and trying to apply all the information to our plan. So far we have all the items mentioned except the following:

Guns- we are taking bows, arrows, knives, swords.

Potassium Permanganate- Not sure what this is or how it is used. Please provide more info.

Compass- we do have a compass but it was suggested that it be liquid filled with luminous button. We are wondering why this particular type?

Beta light- where do we find these?

There was an incense mentioned that repels bugs. Which type of incense is this and where is it available from?

Also we are looking for information about roadless wilderness areas in the US. There isn't much info about where these places are located since not many people use them.

Water purification tablets- One of us is allergic to iodine and so the standad tablets are out for us. We understand that you can use bleach drops but then the water has to stand without a lid for 24 hours before drinking so the chlorine can evaporate. We don't know how many drops per gallon. Anyone have this info?

Indigo...You mentioned a dream about the NWO. I believe some people dream the future at times and so am curious about the content of your dream.

Also, I am interested in more info about portable EM weapons. These could come in handy. If anyone comes across information about such devices please post.

We are drying meat and fruit and vacuum sealing it. We also have nuts, seeds, granola, beans, oats, trail mix, etc. All vacuum sealed.

We are taking seeds to plant for next season but it is important to check the types of seeds you take with you as hybrid seeds do not produce fertile plants. In other words, you will be able to grow for one season but the plants you grow will not produce seeds for the next season. You must take organic idustry grade seeds. And once we have established our settlement (of sorts) we will send a scout out to beg, borrow, or steal two weiner pigs. One male, one female. We are taking our dogs with us and are trying to teach them silence. As far as what the eat, we expect they will eat what we eat. They are, after all, members of the family. But we are pretty sure they will take to hunting if they get too hungry. Obviously there is concern about the initial days of such a journey and alot of thought has gone into what to take and how to survive. But what about after that? If this turns out to be long term what other things do we need to think about?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
My family and the group who I will be traveling with spent the day today going through this thread and trying to apply all the information to our plan. So far we have all the items mentioned except the following:

I am glad this thread has been such a great help for you. I am glad you are preparing and ready. However, perhaps you should wait, because, if you go too soon, you will use up resources unnecessarly. It does not seem eminent right now. Unless I have missed something.

Guns- we are taking bows, arrows, knives, swords.

Please do not declare which weapons you are taking with you here, especially here, where your intents are obviously not considered sound by certain powers.

Compass- we do have a compass but it was suggested that it be liquid filled with luminous button. We are wondering why this particular type?

If you know how to use one, I suggest you get a map compass, used with a map, it will tell you bearings etc. I personally have no idea how to use one, but I picked one up at the local camping store a few days ago.

Beta light- where do we find these?

I am not sure what Beta Light is, but I can recommend you a tactical flashlight. I recently got a high intensity flashlight, the Maglite 4D, which is bright enough to cause obstruction to night-adapted vision, and being 12 inches and sold shock resistant metal, it's a potential baton. However, what I really recommend, is a surefire G2 with a P1 lamp. These flashlights are more than 4 times powerful than a 4D cell, and produce some 60-120 lumens of output, bright enough to momentarily blind. It is so bright, it could light up your immediate area like a helicopter searchlight. They are very bright even at a 2 mile range. However, if you get one, you will need to use it sparsely, these lights only last an hour at maximum brightness on expensive lithium batteries. It is a good idea to own a few flashlights for specific purposes.

www.surefire.com

There was an incense mentioned that repels bugs. Which type of incense is this and where is it available from?

You can probably get this mosquitto repellant from a camping store, either locally or online. You can also get mosquitto sprays and creams. I also recommend a mosquitto net and hat.

Also we are looking for information about roadless wilderness areas in the US. There isn't much info about where these places are located since not many people use them.

I have no idea, as I've never been to the US. However, America is a huge country. Just drive very far from the city, into the mountains areas that typically serve as backdrops, and make it your home.

Water purification tablets- One of us is allergic to iodine and so the standad tablets are out for us. We understand that you can use bleach drops but then the water has to stand without a lid for 24 hours before drinking so the chlorine can evaporate. We don't know how many drops per gallon. Anyone have this info?

I have recently got Iodine tablets, and I also got some extra tablets that neutralize the taste of Iodine and the Chlorine, to make the water more palitable. The other alternatives, is to carry a water-filter with you or an appratus to distill the water - as in boiling it, collecting the steam, then condensing it into water.

Indigo...You mentioned a dream about the NWO. I believe some people dream the future at times and so am curious about the content of your dream.

I have had a few dreams of NWO, and basically what happens everytime; I am in the city, and all of a sudden, mass chaos erupts, it is declared on the news that the NWO has taken effect, and then swarms of helicopters appear all over the skies, and even start firing at us. There is pandamonium everywhere, and a huge exodus of people form, trying to escape, many being taken in by police forces, or shot at by helicopters. Amidst all this chaos, I am completely terrified for my family. I try to find them, but I never see them again. I find a people with a Carvan, and they take me with them.

The other dream I had was truly horrific, it was the rape of a married asian woman I know, by police forces, which oddly enough is shown LIVE on television, it shocks the entire nation, everyone sees it - but the next day, everyone just turns a blind eye to it, they just pretend it never happens. I then see that in every part of the city there are buildings saying Paramilitary, and they terrorise many foreign families, even breaking into the house of an old woman, who locks all the doors, and hides inside. They smash her doors down, a group of police forces just flood into her house, and they burn it, with her alive. Later, I think I am pleading with these ignorant and selfish people to do something, but everyone is either too scared, cannot careless or actually condones what the government is doing. Then, the same happens as I seen before, the entire city is brought into the wraps - and helicopters appear. I escape them, and a van with friendly people, who know me, save me, and drive off. Later, somewhere, I am reunited with my family.

What is funny, my mom has had dreams of the NWO too, and she barely knows anything about it. In her dream, me and her, are in a camp, that is full of many foreigners and immigrants, particularly muslims. Yet, they are our friends, and they promise us that we'll fight together. Then my mom see's a flash of white light, and it's over.

Also, I am interested in more info about portable EM weapons. These could come in handy. If anyone comes across information about such devices please post.

I was reading about EM weapons, and it turns out they are very easy to construct, and are potentially very destructive. There are fears that because they can be built so cheapy($500 or less) they can become the weapon of choice of the poor man or terrorists. I found a site with schematics on how to build a portable EM radiation weapon, they do not mean much to me, as I cannot make head or tails of them:

We are drying meat and fruit and vacuum sealing it. We also have nuts, seeds, granola, beans, oats, trail mix, etc. All vacuum sealed.

You sound like a lot of people, do you have enough food to last you all several months, let alone several years?

We are taking seeds to plant for next season but it is important to check the types of seeds you take with you as hybrid seeds do not produce fertile plants. In other words, you will be able to grow for one season but the plants you grow will not produce seeds for the next season. You must take organic idustry grade seeds. And once we have established our settlement (of sorts) we will send a scout out to beg, borrow, or steal two weiner pigs. One male, one female. We are taking our dogs with us and are trying to teach them silence. As far as what the eat, we expect they will eat what we eat. They are, after all, members of the family. But we are pretty sure they will take to hunting if they get too hungry. Obviously there is concern about the initial days of such a journey and alot of thought has gone into what to take and how to survive. But what about after that? If this turns out to be long term what other things do we need to think about?

Yes, I am looking for seeds too. Yes, I am trying to keep my dog silent too, but my dog has the habit of barking loudly whenever he suspects someone is approaching our house. I am considering anti-bark training tools?

What else you should consider is probably already covered in this topic, get yourself some clothes for extreme colds, and some hiking boots. I also recommend a survival book, and a first aid kit. If you are expecting nuclear, chemical and biological war, then it may also be wise to get gas masks, radiation pills and radiation detectors. However, that is certainly expensive.

Take a wind-up radio with you, as well as a dynamo torch. Also, get yourself a pack of cheap lighters, and a flint lighter. You will need these items to remain informed and to provide you light.

I think you should wait a little, if you go too soon, you are wasting time, resources and group morale. For all we know, something may not happen untill 2006.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I am not a survivalist type of person, nor a sporty one. I am an intellectual and spiritual-minded person, that meaning - I live in my mind. Just a few
(snip)
No offense intended, but you live in your mind too much.

First.. the reason people have guns is to prevent the sort of thing
you describe.

Second.. the police will be on your side, not the side of the illegal
government that is implied by your description of their actions.

Third.. the masses would move on Washington, all the officials
causing the atrocity you describe would be hanging from lamp
posts on street corners before the week was over.

Fourth.. each state would reaffirm it is a sovereign. Central
government officials everywhere would be hunted down and killed.

Maybe you should get out more. The religious conservative groups
of the country just re-elected Bush on the basis of morality. (Go
figure.. but that IS one of the reasons given).

What you describe will not happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No offense intended, but you live in your mind too much.

You say this, then you say this:

First.. the reason people have guns is to prevent the sort of thing
you describe.

Second.. the police will be on your side, not the side of the illegal
government that is implied by your description of their actions.

Third.. the masses would move on Washington, all the officials
causing the atrocity you describe would be hanging from lamp
posts on street corners before the week was over.

Fourth.. each state would reaffirm it is a sovereign. Central
government officials everywhere would be hunted down and killed.

You're funny mate.

Maybe you should get out more. The religious conservative groups
of the country just re-elected Bush on the basis of morality. (Go
figure.. but that IS one of the reasons given).

What you describe will not happen.

Maybe you should read the date this thread was posted.

*Sigh*

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
On the topic of IR detection, I think there may be more ways to protect onself than just hiding in a cave. ... Also space blankets reflect 80% or more of radiated body heat, so they could be used (with obvious camoflage) to lessen the heat signature of a person or a shelter.

A space blanket does nothing more than to create a "hole" in the IR viewer - that's an anomoly that should be investigated by a good IR crew just the same as a large heat flare.

There's a lot of unfounded concern about the ability of someone to find another person in the wilderness. You seem the forget the extreme complexity that goes into a Search & Rescue operation, and that's when you know someone's missing, and have containment set up so you're fairly sure the person is in a fixed area.

Just this past weekend, a hunter was lost in the mountains in the eastern part of the US. He was contained to a 2-mile radius from his Last Known Point, and still wasn't found by the dogs, ground searchers, trackers, and helos with Forward-Looking IR (FLIR) . The hunter had a campfire both nights, and was shooting "at" the helo in an attempt to use the muzzle flash as an attractor.

These were not amateurs - the park rangers, helo crews, and other SAR teams were very capable teams, some running 50+ missions a year. It was just the terrain & weather that made it difficult.

So someone who isn't known to be missing in the first place, staying in an unknown area, would only be subject to random patrols at best, and those patrols would certainly not waste the resources on the maticulous grid search necessary to find someone trying to stay hidden.

Best idea? Do what Elizabeth Smart's captors did - dig into the ground, under a decent wooded cover (like a large down tree trunk). That will block the heat signature from the bodies & fires. Make sure to use small fires with "smokeless" materials, and you're not likely to be detected.

Ms. Smart's captors went for almost a year, with thousands of Law Enforcement, SAR, and civilian searchers on their trail. Eric Ruldolph was on the run from the FBI for 5 years in the mountains before beng caught. Imagine what you could do when they're not looking for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Google "canned garden seeds". I ordered from a company at mvseeds.com that had a pretty good package after I surfed around for comparison. They sell mostly seeds, not marketing as much to the "survivalist" groups, so maybe their product is legit. Haven't got my order yet, but they just shipped a few days ago.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith
I also have & have read many times, books on medicinal/food native plants in my area, "primitive" skills such as food preservation, game dressing, etc. We also ordered a "canned garden".

I'm not putting you down - your post and preplanning was very well thought out. But I'm in total agreement with alternateheaven - you've got to practice the skills whenever you can. Reading up on the topics is a great start, but you'll get the most out of any preparedness exercise when you practice it (over and over and over ...)

It doesn't take much ... go out, and actually harvest and try the natural remedies discussed in the books. Prepare them using what you'd have in the field - a small camp stove, a can of Sterno, a pocketknife, whatever you have in your kits. Make sure the tools you have will actually work in a survival situation.

Practice hiding and evading ... it can be as simple as "hiding" in the woods by simply staying still, behing a bush or other cover. Stay still for minutes, or hours, until the animals resume their normal patterns around you. Do this along well-used trails, and see how many people walk by your spot without noticing you.

Practice making a shelter in your backyard, then spend a cold evening in it. It's better to learn when your life's not on the line, then to make a simple but critical mistake in the wilderness.

Actually plant the seeds from a second "garden can", and tend to them over the course of a season. Learn what kind of area you'll need, and what kind of attention you need to give them for the best yeild.

Practice is the path to success. Read your books, then apply what you've read, and you'll be much better prepared.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Watchman
you've got to practice the skills whenever you can. Reading up on the topics is a great start, but you'll get the most out of any preparedness exercise when you practice it (over and over and over ...)

Practice is the path to success. Read your books, then apply what you've read, and you'll be much better prepared.

I have practiced. I was writing mostly thinking of folk who are just getting started with their prep.

My mom was a major hippy, and into natural healing etc, and had a huge selection of herb and wild edible books. My cousin & I used to grab a book or two and spend the day eating only what we could gather in our semi-urban neighborhood. And my dad (former hippy) is really big into the buckskinner/black powder scene, so another fun thing we did as kids was practice setting various traps for small animals, fire starting (I have a viking-era flint & steel set I'm learning to use fairly well), bow & arrow making, and so on. I'm a decent gardener and have a roll or two of visqueen handy incase I need to grow under "glass". In fact my college experience was in the horticulture program. I've owned livestock, though I don't have experience killing my own food, I will when I want meat. I can fish and shoot decently enough. I can sew and am learning simple weaving.

I grew up with very imaginative and skilled parents, who enjoyed sharing their knowledge with us kids. I also have to add I have working knowledge of improvising with black powder, but that's as much as I need to say here. The first time my brother held me at bay with a potato cannon was enough to get me learning quick

I can also diagnose and repair many car problems, and have decent electrical, plumbing and carpentry skills too. I am really lucky in that most of my hobbies involve useful hands on activities.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I need to buy something smallish, but not a BB gun. I've shot a few of my brother's, but I'm kind of small and would prefer something that feels right, as opposed to a hand cannon

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith
I need to buy something smallish, but not a BB gun. I've shot a few of my brother's, but I'm kind of small and would prefer something that feels right, as opposed to a hand cannon

Any thoughts?

I would suggest a 9mm, as its got adequate power depending upon the ammunition, the recoil is low enough to allow for a quick follow-up shot, and hi capacity magazines are readily avaiable for most 9mm caliber handguns. If you've shot a 9mm and don't feel comfortable with it the next step would be a .380 which is not to be confused with the .38. The .380 round is basically a smaller 9mm round, thus having less power; the tradeoff in power is that .380s have alot less recoil, and are alot smaller in size. Unfrotunately in terms of protection I would advise against the .380 as it probably woulnt be too effective in stopping large animals such as bear. Look into the following manufactures and see what suits you best: Glock, Sig, Beretta, Browning, Smith and Wesson, and if your feeling like spending a few hundred extra for quality HK. It probably would be advisable to go shooting with some firends who have handguns to get an idea of what you like and dont like.

I would like to again stress howerver that handguns are mainly a defense weapon, and probably one of the last lines of defense. Up close they will do the job, but out past a certain distance they lose alot of stopping power. Don't bother hunting with a handgun, its ineffective when compared to even the simplest of rifles.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you've shot a 9mm and don't feel comfortable with it the next step would be a .380 which is not to be confused with the .38. The .380 round is basically a smaller 9mm round, thus having less power; the tradeoff in power is that .380s have alot less recoil, and are alot smaller in size. Unfrotunately in terms of protection I would advise against the .380 as it probably woulnt be too effective in stopping large animals such as bear. Look into the following manufactures and see what suits you best: Glock, Sig, Beretta, Browning, Smith and Wesson, and if your feeling like spending a few hundred extra for quality HK. It probably would be advisable to go shooting with some firends who have handguns to get an idea of what you like and dont like.

Don't bother hunting with a handgun, its ineffective when compared to even the simplest of rifles.

I've shot 9's and they have a bit of recoil for me. I guess it's better to try and deal with it than get too small of a gun. I've had 380's recommended to me before, but I'm just now deciding to shop around. I'm thinking I should buy something now, before handguns may not be available to the general public. My partner has a hand cannon, but that doesn't help me if we're not together. We've got hunting rifles & a shotgun, some ammo, but will definitely get more. Maybe I can get the gun shop to throw in a little bonus ammo
Maybe I should talk dad into letting me rummage through his armory

--Saerlaith

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join