It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by 25cents
absolutely ridiculous. i hate to even dignify this fantastical scenario with a response, but i am unfortunately unable to witness something so far-fetched and unreal and NOT comment on the absurdity of the very notion.
Originally posted by Patron Saint
The thought of something like this (NWO/Police State/WWIII) just doesn't even taste right...but if I had to plan/prepare for such an event, this is how I would go about it. (sorry if I have re-posted what others have stated)
1. Firearms: You better have something to arm yourself with, period. I recommend a good all-around SMG (MP5A4, MP7A1, P90) for it's rate of fire, ease of ammunition and distance covered. An SMG is light weight, easy to carry and great in short range conflicts. I'd also recommened a good overall hand gun like the Heckler-Koch MARK 23 .45 AUTO. Ammunition is key, so ensure you have plenty of ammo for your alloted weapons. Of course, anything would do in a time of crisis...and the more you can arm yourself with, the better rate of survival you have. A good fixed blade combat/survival knive would also come in handy, and would be a "must have" in this situation. A good knive will always come in handy.
2. Tool Kit: This is a must have, you can either piece one together or buy one online. The most "BASIC" kit should include...
3. Brass Snare Wire
4. Fishing Kit with hooks
5. Fishing line, weights and swivels
6. Matches/small lighter
7. Sewing Kit
8. Wire Saw
9. Water Purification Tablets/Purification straws
10. Fire Lighting Flint and Striker
11. Safety Pins
12. Pencil/Waterproof paper
13. Small hand mirror
14. Ziploc freezer bags
16. 550lb para cord/painters tarp (if you plan on making your own shelter, etc always good to have)
17. suture/first aid kit (small, medium, large...your choice)
18. small flash light
3. 3/5 lb. assault pack (medium/large): A good assault pack is vital, and will be your only means of carrying your equipment. You can find various different assualt packs at any military/SOG store. If you don't own one, I would invest in one. This will carry all of your supplies, and be your direct life source. I wouldn't stock pile food, as ammo/water/clothes would be my first priority. You can always "find" or "hunt" food. I recommend packing a small "survival guide" or a "what to eat" while out in the wilderness. You can survive without food for weeks without permanent side effects. After the first day or two, which can be difficult psychologically and physically as your mind tries to "encourage" you to eat, your body and mind adjust and it is more easily tolerated. Food can be an asset, particularly in cold climates, and is good for morale; but be cautious and careful about obtaining it in the wild if you do not know how. Plants offer the most common and ready wild food source. Some basic rules to stay safe (there are always exceptions, but don't risk it unless you are positive): Avoid all plants with white sap, tiny hairs, umbrella shaped flowers and white or green berries. Red berries are less risky, but eat only if you recognize them as safe. Black or blue berries are generally safe. Aggregate berries, like raspberries, are always edible. Single fruits on a stem are generally safe. Avoid mushrooms and fungi, plants with bulb roots and fruits from plants with shiny leaves.
4. Tent/Sleeping bag: If something like this does kick off, I'm heading for the mountains...as high as I can get that's closely located to a water source. Remember, water is your 1st priority as your body can with stand a lack of food. Keep in mind, everything you own will be on your back...so don't over do it with a huge sleeping bag/tent. You can buy various "winter" tents that are compact, as well as top notch sleeping bags. Of course, price becomes a factor but we are talking about survival. Do not spare. I'm a natural explorer, and I trail/hike/mountain clmb for fun...so I guess I'm a bit prepared already. You don't need a tent/sleeping bag, but it's better to have than to go without.
[edit on 8-6-2007 by Patron Saint]
[edit on 8-6-2007 by Patron Saint]
"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at anytime" Mark Twain
The Illuminati are Elite Men, those on the top, controlling the international bankers to control, for evil purposes, the entire world. their agents are bred, educated, and trained to be placed behind the scenes at all levels of government as expert s and advisor's, they mould government policy so as to further the secret plans. They lure people away from god with money, the world, the flesh, and the devil.
"When the rich wage war, its the poor that will die"~Jean-Paul Sarte
"Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win"~Jonathan Knzel