It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

161 mph radio controled car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Nic and his extended Schumacher Mi3.5 Streamliner took their place in the Guinness book of Records with his record breaking run (260.32 km/h) at the ISC Speed Run event in Rockingham NC last fall. This official certification comes just weeks before Nic and his extended Schumacher Mi3.5 will campaign again at the ISC’s Ultimate Speed Run at the Auto Club Dragway in Fontana CA. The Schumacher speed team will also feature Jerome Head with his Mi3.5 Race, and Shawn Palmer with his Mi3.5 Race and Mi4 entries.

source

World record holder Nic Case was in touch to give us an update on his Streamliner build. The car seems to be coming along nicely, with the guys at Area 51 Design doing an great job with all of their support. Nic reckons that with all the input of experienced & talented individuals that the possibility of reaching 200mph with an R/C car is within reach.

source

Team Associated and Nic Case have teamed up in their attempt to break the 200mph barrier for an RC car. The Discovery Channel even filmed them during a recent attempt for an episode that aired in January. Team Associated recently posted a video update on their YouTube page where the car ran a speed run clocked at 177mph, plus some updated pictures of the SR11 car they are attempting to break thew record with.

source

I had no idea people were so dedicated to toys, or that they could go so fast. All I can say is that I want one!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ive seen people do races with custom rc cars

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

How many have you seen that are trying to go 200 mph?

I have some reservations about his design. The tires are tiny, and the rear fin isn't really needed on an r/c car. It's very narrow, and doesn't appear to have the weight necessary to go 200 mph. It looks like this guy knows more about r/c cars than he does streamliners. Then again I don't know how much weight he adds to the car before a run.

I predict that he will not go 200 mph until he gets taller tires, removes the tail fin, and adds more weight.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by BacknTime

How many have you seen that are trying to go 200 mph?

I have some reservations about his design. The tires are tiny, and the rear fin isn't really needed on an r/c car. It's very narrow, and doesn't appear to have the weight necessary to go 200 mph. It looks like this guy knows more about r/c cars than he does streamliners. Then again I don't know how much weight he adds to the car before a run.

I predict that he will not go 200 mph until he gets taller tires, removes the tail fin, and adds more weight.

would imagine it's plenty heavy with the battery needed and um OP, the stabilizer is very needed at 200mph. Mostly because of the short wheelbase. Take away the stabilizer and the car would be uncontrollable even with a tuned down steering servo.whats the width and height of a bonneville car tire? why wouldnt the scale be the same.

just sayin
edit on 29-7-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Why would an r/c car attempt to duplicate the scale size of a streamliner's tires? What works well on a 5,000 pound vehicle doesn't work on a 10 pound one. He's adding things with no understanding of why the fullsize vehicles have them.

Taller and narrower tires would provide less rolling resistance, less heat buildup, and enough traction for the vehicle.

The batterys are also very light. 30 volts of li-po cells aren't that heavy. Unless he adds weight, I don't see it weighing over 15 pounds, which is far too light.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Amazing
used to race these cars a few years ago..funny i saw this as i actually just picked up one for spares from a friend just as a brief flutter to sell on again and have a shot lol,amazing how expensive they get though...in my local model shop the last time i checked it was £20 for a gallon of nitromethane!!!!!!

top topics

join