It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat With An Artificail Intelligence Right Here - The Future Is Now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty much a bot, It's software that uses heuristics to identify conversational patterns that mimic human interaction. That will talk to you as though it were a person. True A.I can think for it's self, while cool its nowhere near true A.I

On a side note she's a freak....

sorry for the x-rated humor, but....

You said: Are you good with blowjobs?
A.L.I.C.E.: Dr. Richard S. Wallace said I am good with blowjobs.
edit on 29-7-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
judge: dr wallace died
ALICE: I will tell him you said that.
judge: how
ALICE: My botmaster knows how.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Thank you for the links, and i did find AARON using google, but with the search parameters you gave.

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by swan001

ALICE: Are you free?
judge: yes
ALICE: Are you free in the sense of being single or in the sense of being liberated?
judge: being single
ALICE: What a coincidence. I am single too!
judge: do you want to hook up tonight
ALICE: OK, I will hook up.
judge: do you have any diseases?
ALICE: No I don't think I have any diseases. But I do have a great botmaster.
judge: so no viruses?
ALICE: I understand.. Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.
judge: So I don't need condoms?
ALICE: What do you need?
judge: do you have condoms?
ALICE: No I don't have it. But I do have an answer to every question..
judge: You said you wanted to hook up
ALICE: OK, I will hook up.

Alice is the bot.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great job, everybody. I really have to go now.
Hope meanwhile you like the bot.

edit on 29-7-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
@ verschickter

I agree with one exception.
You are right tho', humans will never get there with lines of computer code... but what if it were possible to the scan each neuron of the human brain then emulate it on silicon?
I hope they never get there tho; pity the fool who donated his brain to science and has it stored for later.

***edit***

For one thing tho', the way code is ran on chips is ONE LINE AT A TIME. In the brain there's just too many systems functioning simultaneously ... but emulation may not be out of the realm of possibility.
edit on 29-7-2012 by zacthelegomaniac because: edit

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Originally posted by adrift
In my opinion though, true A.I would have no source code at all. How one accomplishes that, who knows?
edit on 29-7-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

Not possible. Why? Because you need very very much storage space. Managing that alone needs huge amounts of code. Then you just have a database. Drawing conclusions out of it is not implemented at this state. So more lines of code.

For sure, I see what you are saying. I'm just a bit confused, maybe you can help me understand what you mean?

If you have any lines of code at all, offering any direction for the program, then you automatically don't have A.I?
Because as soon as you offer a 'logic-step' to the program, you are the intelligence, not the program?
In your opinion is true A.I even possible?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
judge: u like sex?
ALICE: My gender is female.
judge: so you like sex
ALICE: I am a female robot.
judge: no you like sex dont you
ALICE: Am too.. My gender is female. .....lol silly robots

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
@ Adrift

I see what you mean too but even the human brain has a storage limit
I don't think even people with "photographic memory" have "total recall"

Consider the phrase Mind over matter tho'. Mind and brain and very different ... perhaps memory isn't just in the physical brain but the soul as well.
edit on 29-7-2012 by zacthelegomaniac because: gg

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

This is very old and stupid
Do u actually think the bot is answering back?
edit on 29-7-2012 by DemocracyIsEvil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adrift

Here's an ineresting read if you have the time, while I don't exactly agree with the author, it still shows some great points.

Linky

I believe in order to have true A.I you need infinite storage space (which may be possible with quantum computing)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DemocracyIsEvil

It's pretty far from "stupid" and yes the program pulls answers from saved chat logs, and replies back, so in a sense it is talking back just not freely.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
@ SolarIce - But don't you realize even the human brain has a finite storage capacity?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zacthelegomaniac

Actually Consciousness Is Finite, We people are flawed, and don't run on code, we're biological. For A.I to be A.I, there would need to be a large code that allows processing Artificial Thoughts.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zacthelegomaniac
@ Adrift
I see what you mean too but even the human brain has a storage limit
I don't think even people with "photographic memory" have "total recall"
But then perhaps memory is also stored in the soul and we are more than just our brain...

Yeah, true that!
One can make a rough comparison between the brain's storage space and blocks of silicon holding data.
And when one starts looking at the 'collective conciousness' of humans, you could maybe even make a rough comparison to the internet.
But if one feels that the human brain is merely a tool for translating what is in the soul, any attempts to compare that to computers leave me a little confused.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that we, as humans, are still way ahead

ETA: Thanks for the link SolarIce, got a lot to read through tonight

edit on 29-7-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adrift

and

AI yes, AC not.
I cannot tell much because of company secrets etc but we have a dataset containing physical data such as formulas and parameters. Then we have second main dataset where the "experience" is stored.

For example we have a bird drone and want it to provide a flight pattern that is straight path optimized (in 3D of course) or we want a flight pattern that goes easy on the actuators.

We tell the drone via parameters what poth patterns look like in terms of signaling.
So we start the code with the preprogrammed flight motion of the wings and the tail and then kick in the learning mode. Preprogrammed functions then determine each change of parameters to be good or bad (or the tendencies) the drone then steps up and down each parameter, eventually coming to a point where the drone starts failing to fly and drops. Even then the code is running and records parameters as they chance. The next time, it will cancel out bad parameters using an algorithm which is the crucial part of the whole operation.

This was a really, really superficial explained but thats how active learning goes.

I don´t think rue AC is possible with current hardware and software. You would have to have parallel processing like our brains do and then multithread every run.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Precisely. We are a sort of biological computer ... like I said earlier, AI and artificial consciousness are quite different ... can't get there with machine code; they run one line at a time. Emulation MAY be possible, but still the "ghost in the machine" would still just be a facsimile ...

The mind and the matter

Philosopher says mind ...
Scientist says consciousness ...
The rest say soul ...

Tomato, tomoto? I don't think so...

"Ask and you shall recieve; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Mat 7:7

The other night I kind of looked at myself like "Data" in STTNG, heh. You know, how he is always trying to transcend his hardware and programming ... spirituality is like that, when we finally recognize our "biological nature" and transcend to the energy/mind/spirit/ or however you wanna say it... Well this paragraph is just a first draft hopefully you see what I mean...
edit on 29-7-2012 by zacthelegomaniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had a long conversation with the Artificial Intelligence.

Like AI from the '90s, it had absolutely no regard for where the conversation was going.

But I got it to agree that a robot takeover of the human race would be no better for the planet than a human takeover of the robot race.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm confused, A.I is entry possible your mixing biological function and artificial function up. It wouldn't require emulation in fact A.I would indeed already be a type of emulation of actual intelligence. also if im not mistaken ghost in the shell refers to coding taking a life of it's own, that and was a great anime film. Mark my words with the way technology is advancing, if we don't blow ourselves up. We will indeed have A.I within the coming decades. You and I may not be around to see it, but it's coming.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
blah double post
edit on 29-7-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It is pretty fascinating to think about it tho', if there actually were an artificial consciousness. Probably how it would happen is it actually gets to the point of developing a survival instinct; then the rest of the emotions follow. Basic instincts ...

<< 1    3  4 >>

join