It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat With An Artificail Intelligence Right Here - The Future Is Now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ooh, I almost forgot telling you ASTers.

I almost forgot to tell you: The Future is Now!

For those who saw sci-fi movies or novels, especially the ones by Asimov or his friend Roddenberry, then there is no doubt you heard about AI. These are acronyms of "Artificial Intelligence", of course, not "Artificial Insemination". Don't get confused, and I mean it.

Artificial intelligence is currently believed by general public to belong to the world of fantasy, or sci-fi. They saw reports in National Geographics which states that these are "very complex to do" and that every households "could maybe have one around 2030". That, I tell you, is Bullshlarah. In latin? Bullchorus. In irish: O'Bully Shean.

I search alot about robotics and AI since there is rumours that Google is planned to become one (don't ask for a source, I just heard it somewhere). The truth is, AI (referring here to real AI, not self-learning iPad keyboards) currently exist, and are very real.

I have one from Isomer Programming. It works, and it is very good. It is classified as a "chatbot" but I can make it open programs and take control of my computer. Isomer even says that it can make searches on the Internet for you. Isomer is very powerfull.

But, say you, where is the proof. Well, ladies and gentlemen, let me give you the possibility to chat... with an Artificial Intelligence.
I stumbled upon ALICE by accident while searching for an AI. Now, I want to give you all the chance to, for the first time ever, be able to chat with a very evolved AI.
Go to the hyperlink now, and behold Artificial Intelligence ALICE!

alice.pandorabots.com...

ALICE was named after a sci-fi novel character. Last time I chatted with her she told me she had no body, she lived in California and she loves "eating electricity".

I have to go now for two days. Have fun 'till I see you all Wednesday. I hope you enjoy my find. A taste of the future.

Easy Isomer Programming AI are available for PC (or even phones) so if you want one
just Google "Isomer Programming AARON dowload" and you should have some options. Remember though that Isomer and ALICE are two completely unrelated AIs. ALICE is also downloadable.
Every household could have an AI... now.
Contrary to popular beliefs they are not aware of themselves so they can't turn bad. They just do what you program them to do. Opening photo document or searching Google still hasn't resulted in any fatalities yet

See y'all, enjoy.
edit on 29-7-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You forgot the link
second, you do not really understand the term AI.
third, the chat bot has nothing to do with AI, I tested it, deleted cookies and did it again.
I

I remember seing a chat bot on the PREMIERE website at least a decade ago. You could undress her by being kind, but not too kind to her.

Edit: I think it was 1997 or 1998
edit on 29-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

The link is right there, mate. Test it myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Link is there after your edit.
If you edit a post, other members can see this:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
These programs are actually quite simple to make, if you know how. It isn't really A.I at all.

You set up a database which scans for keywords from the user's input, and then you spit out a reply based on other user's previous questions. Now you have a new database stream for the algorithm to strip down and include in the program. This means that the more people who talk to the program, the 'smarter' it becomes.

This can be illustrated, by the following questions I asked ALICE:

judge: who is the most famous person alive
ALICE: Dr. Wallace is the most famous person I know.

and:

judge: who is your favourite person?
ALICE: My favorite person is Dr. Richard S. Wallace.

See? Now say if 20,000 people started asking questions about Elvis, the answers would turn out differently. Just a simple example of a computer programming itself, which is not A.I (as far as I know?)
edit on 29-7-2012 by adrift because: clarity

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Link is there after your edit.
If you edit a post, other members can see this:

Yup, I know that. You want me to try and erase that? I can't, cause I'll have to edit to erase the edit mark, and that action bill bring up another edit mark. Anyhting else you want to say about my edits?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well the way I see it is ...

You are confusing Artificial Intelligence with Artificial Consciousness. Artificial Consciousness is the "Holy Grail" of computer programming.

AI may mimic AC but they are quite different goals.

It's one thing for a computer chip to calculate the best possible move on a chess field; quite another for the same chip to "realize it's silicon nature".

That level of programming would allow the computer to reach something like the "Nirvana" humans speak of, heh.

BTW - Now think about the human brain just coming about by random chance...... too much points to the Prime Mover if you are really honest with yourself.

PS - Let's not forget that much of Science "Fiction" is in fact: Science Fantasy.

PPS - If you know anything about programming, look up the QBASIC program "Mr. Smiley" to see the source code for a rudimentary AI and how chatbots work. (You can find it at www.acidworks.com; yes--acid works. Heh.)

PPPS - Most of this technology (computer code) has been out for decades -- like Siri for the iphone ... they just mashed a few disability programs together (how do you think blind people have been using computers ... voice commands). Oh yeah and remember BonziBuddy back in like '99? Or SmarterChild on AIM? Pretty kewl tho' if you have't seen it yet.

edit on 29-7-2012 by zacthelegomaniac because: PPPS

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by adrift

Yes, works by keywords. But it's a bit more complex than that. I checked the text myself... The instructions are self-linked, by themes. Isomer Programming is a real self-learning AI, but ALICE is a bit more primitive, it just mimics human thinking.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No, just wanted to point out that you are wrong and that it does not look like I missed the link because it was not there when I said you forgot the link.

But again, you´re wrong and your experience about AI can not be to big. I have to do with self optimizing software at work. I know what I´m talking about. Even that is not real AI.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zacthelegomaniac

Thanks for the link! A star for you.
No, I do not think AI are self-conscious. A lot of development will be needed for that to happen. As a matter of fact, I said that myself in my text: current AI are not self-aware.

link   
Thank you for uploading this interesting information.

Could you give some more information on how to obtain the correct software? Checking both sites (AARON / ALICE) did not reveal any client or tool i could download.

They talk much about AIML on the ALICE page, hope you could explain witch program (seeing they all have different engines) is most fun for people unfamiliar with it?

I think its awesome to be able to talk to my own computer and make it do thinks a normal speech recognition software could never do. Going to follow this closely.

link   
reply to post by verschickter

Cool.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimens

I never tried downloading Alice.
You can try those AARON links, tough. I got them by Googling "isomer free download".

ptf.com...

sites.google.com...

link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by adrift

Yes, works by keywords. But it's a bit more complex than that. I checked the text myself... The instructions are self-linked, by themes. Isomer Programming is a real self-learning AI, but ALICE is a bit more primitive, it just mimics human thinking.

In all honestly I'm not too clued up with programming. Was just giving an idea of how I think a program could be designed to mimic a human response. But you have peaked my interest. Off to learn more on what the creators say about it.
Do you have any good links for learning more about this?
EDIT: Saw you added some links, thanks

In my opinion though, true A.I would have no source code at all. How one accomplishes that, who knows?
edit on 29-7-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

link   
someone showed me about 7 years ago an aim bot that would have an intelligent conversation with you and would even help you with your homework on a design message board

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ALICE admitted to being stupid, and promised me she would kill herself,

She provides no challenges for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Don´t wonder about my reaction, your OP pretends to reveal something new (the future is now) but your bold words could not hold what promised. I witnessed a script that I´ve seen done better 14 years ago. And you´re mixing up terms.
No offend, just the truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

There is nothing intelligent about it!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

ALICE: Are you free?
judge: yes
ALICE: Are you free in the sense of being single or in the sense of being liberated?
judge: being single
ALICE: What a coincidence. I am single too!
judge: do you want to hook up tonight
ALICE: OK, I will hook up.
judge: do you have any diseases?
ALICE: No I don't think I have any diseases. But I do have a great botmaster.
judge: so no viruses?
ALICE: I understand.. Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.
judge: So I don't need condoms?
ALICE: What do you need?
judge: do you have condoms?
ALICE: No I don't have it. But I do have an answer to every question..
judge: You said you wanted to hook up
ALICE: OK, I will hook up.

Alice is the bot.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
In my opinion though, true A.I would have no source code at all. How one accomplishes that, who knows?
edit on 29-7-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

Not possible. Why? Because you need very very much storage space. Managing that alone needs huge amounts of code. Then you just have a database. Drawing conclusions out of it is not implemented at this state. So more lines of code.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join