It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sign from the other side, just simply incredible!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Your story is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.
I have had a very similar experience.

In 2000, I lost my wife to breast cancer. She always loved birds, in fact she owned several parrots.
Susan was also very petite and birdlike in her appearance and mannerisms. I always called her my 'Tweety Bird'.

Several months after she passed, I was in a very depressed state. I was sitting out on my deck and talking to my sister-in-law about missing Susan...and how I felt so alone and couldn't imagine how I'd could go on.

Out of nowhere, a small sparrow just came out of nowhere...and landed on my knee.
I told my sister-in-law on the phone...that a wild bird is just sitting here on my knee as we're talking.
I remember she said...oh, just brush it away!
...but the bird was just sitting there looking up at me...completely relaxed and unafraid.
I told my sister-in-law (still on the phone) that I said I thought this bird might be a message from Susan.

Just then, the little bird flew up and away from my knee...AND landed on top of my head.
It sat there, on the top of my head, listening to our conversation before finally flying off after another two or three minutes. Even moving the phone around my ear didn't scare it off.

That amazing experience gave me strength, in knowing that I wasn't truly alone.
edit on 29-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Wow..what a story

Im sorry for your loss

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nice story OP, could the reference to your heart and a fish, relate to you needing to take fish oil supplements for your heart?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'm sorry for your loss, it's tough to lose someone who is so close.

You're story sounds exactly like what my niece has experienced. The connection between birds and your wife, is undeniable! She knew it would be a strong sign of communication for you to make the connection. Wow, I'm glad you shared this with me. It's similar experiences like this that strengthen the belief that our loved one's are still with us. I'm sure this experience helped you find some peace and strength to move on. Peace.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Another poster thought the same thing. I originally thought maybe it had to do with eating fish instead of meat, but something inside me made me feel it had something to do with faith or the bigger picture after we die.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. It was very uplifting.

I've had my own confirmations from passed loved ones - as I asked both my grandparents to let me know if my own experiences were authentic by giving me a sign. I was always a spiritual wanderer and have studied extensively different belief sets and philosophy. They both did give me signs after they died. It was very liberating to know at a fairly young age, instead of wonder.

They also changed the course of my life. I was in college for computer programming and ended up switching to the social and health sciences. I never regretted having to serve others instead of a circuit board.

S&F for a great read.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Beautiful story...
Thanks for blessing me/us with your experiences...
Life is a beautiful thing, esp when you know that everything is going to be all right when its all said and done!
You should eat more FISH...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Very interesting. I have a friend whose sister's husband passed away a few years ago from throat cancer. They had a little bell that hung on the wall above the fireplace mantel and whenever Richard came into the room he would ring the bell (on a chain). When he was near death his wife asked him to give her a sign when he passed over to let her know that he was ok. You guessed it: a few days after he died she was in their living room all alone when suddenly the bell rang.

WOW, that experience would give me the chills (not in a negative way).

I'm glad I shared my experience to everyone here on ATS. It shows that signs like these are not only experienced by just a few. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this story. I absolutely believe that she is with you guys.

I have a similar story. My grandfather passed in 2005. About a year before, he wrote the family a note detailing his final wishes. I won't go into specifics, but he said he'd come back as a hummingbird and see us every once in a while.

A few years later, I was on a backpacking trip in Arkansas with my boyfriend. He was off taking pictures in one area, and I was taking photos in another. It was probably about 7 in the morning, and I had come back to where we parked the truck to wait for my bf. All of the sudden, a hummingbird came down and hovered right in front of me. For about a minute, it just hovered there, so close that I could have touched it. I just smiled and said, "Hi grandpa." It stayed for another minute, then flew a little higher, hovered, and then flew a little higher, hovered, and then away. I was sitting on a rock above a creek, and I looked around and realized that there was nothing around me that the little guy would have wanted.

I know it was him.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hmmm the buttterfly thing is interesting.
I'm wondering if some deceased persons are given
some kind of shamanistic ability to see through the eyes
of animals , insects,etc here on earth.

A quote from a shaman link:

So there are those techniques, and there are the times in journey when we join with an animal spirit ally and see through its eyes. Other than that, I’ve experience seeing through another’s eyes twice.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Do we continue to exist after death?

I wouldnt know, I have never died. However I would be inclined to say.....no, we do not. Nice coincidence story though. S&F.

HAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. As though YOU would know whether we do or not. I bet you have some choice names for Christians, yet you seem like you have faith in your beliefs.

By the way, the OP is right - they are signs. You know how I know? Because some of the very same things have happened to me after a family member has died.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes, we absolutely 'survive' death. The body is just a shell and one that's a lot of fun to shed. I've had enough proof of this over the years that I have no doubt whatsoever myself. I've posted a bit before about it here, but I won't repeat myself, too many shills who think, now that we discovered electricity and have a bit of space travel, that we know everything there is to know...

The neat thing, even more wonderful than surviving the death of this particular body is that we come back again and again and again. We've all lived countless eons. The trick is remembering from life to life, which is where the true wisdom starts accumulating. I think just knowing that particular fact makes it more likely to happen, like encouraging yourself to remember a particularly vivid dream when you wake up. (Believe me, the spirit world is far more vivid then life here in the body. We're literally almost in a dream state here, which is why things rarely seem to make sense.)

Your relative will continue sending messages as long as you seem to need them, but they will get less frequent as she gets busy, as it should be.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Cool post, thanks for sharing!

Yes, we can find signs of our loved ones, if our eyes are open. Since my wife died in 2010, I've had dozens of signs from her -- love never ends!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I do not believe in a conventional/traditional God persay (Skeptical is a better word, following this read), but I do believe in a astral/celestial afterlife. Very interesting post, it piques my interest, seeing these events occurring as they do.
The butterfly part especially.

Death is much like a universe, or a black hole, in the fact that we cannot observe what lies beyond it, but just because we cannot see it does not mean it doesnt exist. Etheric plane, or something of the sort.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't necessarily believe in God but i do believe strange things happen in life and also after we have gone My Gran died and on the day of her funeral a bird flew into her flat The strange thing about this was ,that she lived in a warden housing and it was a block of 2 stories high and 2 on each floor Her home being on the bottom floor Now here is the strange thing This bird had to fly through a main door,down a 16 foot corridor,through her front door turn left after 2 feet into here living room without hitting anyone or the big main window .Flew round once and back out again while people where bringing all the buffet into this home This happened
My Gran always said when she died that she would love to come back as a bird because she liked them and the thought of the freedom you could go anywhere
Now you could come up will all these factors that it was a coincident ,we believe it was her.
edit on 30-7-2012 by madforit96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well I too believe your story and of course there is life after death a soul never dies, and I too have experienced my ex husband visiting me, I also had the smell of heavenly flowers where we have not flowers whatsover, he has also moved my reading glasses from one room to another, and I know it was him as I never left the room, I also had him in my bedroom standing over me it gave me a real fright I sat up bolt up right and screamed what are you doing, to be honest I didn't actually see him just a black shadow but I just know it was him, my eldest daughter also has many stories of his visits to her too, so YES LIFE GOES ON AFTER DEATH, take care of your heart and take care of you wife enjoy life while you can.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by madforit96

WOW AMAZING STORY THAT ONE LOVED IT!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Do we continue to exist after death?

I wouldnt know, I have never died. However I would be inclined to say.....no, we do not. Nice coincidence story though. S&F.

How do you know we do not? Death is just as important as living...seem a waste to loose a life time of knowledge.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Wonderful story. I don't doubt this for a minute, I have seen too much since my mother passed away last year to doubt these things anymore.

Take the hand out of the glove and the glove drops limp, but the hand still exists in a more pure form.

Anybody interested in these things should research the Near Death Experience phenomenon. Particularly Dr Raymond Moody's research, and the case of Danion Brinkley who has been clinically dead three times and explains what he experienced on the other side - very cool.

I've heard that people with an open heart have more freedom on the other side, certainly applicable with your story.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Good, uplifting story. We need more of them. Cannot agree with the glass half full guy who believes you need to stop thinking about her and need to move on.
Everyone needs to take as long as they need to move on. Grief is different for everyone.
Why should it matter if you are stopping her from moving on. Time only exists while we're in the physical form, she's just hanging around to make sure her sister and daughter are alright. She'll move on when she's ready.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join