It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need answers pertaining to something odd that happened yesterday at my work.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hey OP, very interesting thread.

As for why this woman is behaving the way she is, is not your concern. Your concern is that given her 'statements of intent', she could be a danger to herself, yourself, your colleagues the public in general.

It's is not your responsibility to diagnose whatever disorder she has. It is your responsibility to go to the police and report all that has happened. There is a good chance that nothing may happen if you don't do it, but there is also always that chance that something may indeed happen. Wanna play the dice?

I suggest taking Destinyone's advice, and ignoring many of the replies in this thread (certainly seems we have a few crazies on ATS).

Hope you do the right thing, let us know what happens.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DoxieCircus

Wellll . . . my psychologist comments are . . .

1. She sure sounds like she has schizophrenia as a psycho-dynamic or organic sort of problem--I'd say it's sure VERY likely she does. She's certainly not congruent, in touch with the reality that the rest of us are in touch with.

2. HOWEVER, I'd say it's certain she has some serious level of demonization. Very serious level.

2.1 It's NOT clear whether her "schizophrenia" would disappear if she were delivered of the demonization. Hard to say.

3. I think you should take the homocidal stuff seriously. Why take unnecessary chances. I'd certainly notify the police and furnish any security camera evidence of value. The police can't likely do something unless they have a record of the person and the person is somehow violating parole--doubtful they'd be violating parole. Hard to say.

4. I would probably tell her the next call that you didn't have any openings available "for you" in the next 2-3 weeks. If you really felt compelled to give her an appointment, you might ask a guard type friend to be there at the time and to insure she doesn't bring any long packages! And insist that any big purses sufficient to carry a handgun would be stored at the counter out of her reach.

5. The lady sounds like bad news from start to finish. I'd likely avoid having anything to do with her. But that wouldn't stop her from showing up and causing murderous mayhem for whatever perverse demonized reason.

6. I believe that this lady is NOT the last bit of troubling evidence you'll have about satan, God and the supernatural. MORE dramatic things are in the works on a massive, growing scale.

7. I think you are right to be concerned and I hope you take protective action for yourself and your salon. The lady sounds like serious evil is intricately bound up in her person.

edit on 30/7/2012 by BO XIAN because: added 2.1

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

In my experience, very few people claim they are working for the devil... I've met a few who think they're in contact with god and the occasional person who thinks they're in contact with the devil but none who claim to be working for him (that I can remember anyway). I have never felt that there has been any affect on me as a result of a persons mental illness, not a bit... I have experienced feeling stressed as a result of having to deal with tonnes of crap and hearing/dealing with some horrendous personal stories but, never that there is an evil presence or anything like that...

As for the question above yours, I have met plenty of people (especially when working in an inpatient setting) that have DIRECTLY threatened to kill me, or my family or all the staff on the ward so, yeah, plenty of people is the answer to that....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

What I want to know from the medical professionals on here is, how many of them claim, "I work for Satan"?

Is the number high or low?

For people working in the field also, how many of you go home at night feeling like you've dragged some of these demons home with you? Does it appear as though there's chaos and lunacy coming from the staff as well after being around it all day?
edit on 30-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

I'm not a medical professional, and I don't know much about this type of stuff, but to me it seems like standard multiple personality disorder (with at least 3 personalities, normal, child, scary, and probably others), and I think that satanic comment would be quite usual, especially since that sort of theme would probably be quite usual in horror film etc.

Feel sorry for the people working at the salon (would be creepy), and I feel very sorry for the woman, esp. if its multiple personality disorder, since you only get that from some big trauma as a child
Scritsophenia and other mental disorders are sad too, as are drugs, but it doesn't seem like drugs to me.

I feel creeped out just by reading this
, so the chaos and lunacy might be because of the creepyness involved.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by salainen

True multiple personally disorder (dissociative identity disorder) is actually relatively rare. It wasn't even accepted as a specific disorder until relatively recently... There are still major disagreements about the validity of this disorder and about diagnostic criteria and treatment... I'm not saying it couldn't be that, just that it's more likely to be something else...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Milkflavour

I see this thing kind of thing every day, it would be an unusual day at work if I DIDN'T see something like this.... It's nothing mystical, just mental illness..

These are the kind of comments that scare the hell out of me, but I know they are true.

There's a reason these people are labeled as having "personal demons", because that's what they are.

What I want to know from the medical professionals on here is, how many of them claim, "I work for Satan"?

Is the number high or low?

For people working in the field also, how many of you go home at night feeling like you've dragged some of these demons home with you? Does it appear as though there's chaos and lunacy coming from the staff as well after being around it all day?
edit on 30-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Im my experience, In short: yes,.. but THAT is a great topic for another thread perhaps!?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Very entertaining thread, indeed.

I especially enjoyed the armchair psychology. (Bo Xian, perhaps a review of your counting skills is in order).

This is not the least bit funny. Clever. Or worthy of such ridiculous advise. Diagnostics are unimportant.

If there were any shrinks in the thread, posting at all, the first thing you should be doing is DISCLOSURE!!

OP, if a patient went into a counseling session making the statements she made inside your salon, a TRAINED therapist (at any level of training), would pick up the phone and call the non-emergency number for the police.

Ask to make a report. Collect EVERYTHING concrete you have, receipts, video, signatures, etc. if Po-Po says there is nothing they can do, for whatever lame-ass reason they give, fine. You could ask to have a plain clothes officer to just be present for her next appt. for your protection. Officer Friendly will probably not comply with that. Get the card ofthe officer that takes report. Call him/her when she makes her next apt, and report that to the same officer.

The next time she arrives in your store and gives ANY indication of unusual/threatening behavior (even verbal descriptions of harming others)-CALL 9-1-1!!! Do so outside the range of her hearing. Calmly give your address, explain there is a woman in your store - at this point quote anything she has said that leaves you feeling afraid (and I believe any woman singing church songs about spree killing counts as being worthy of fear).

Don't second guess yourself. You know nothing of her. Self preservation is nothing to be ashamed of. Saving two dozen lives is possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoxieCircus
reply to post by Acidtastic

Sad thing is, she seems like the sweetest person when she is "normal". She's very polite and well mannered until she snaps into something else.
edit on 29-7-2012 by DoxieCircus because: Typo
Hi do you have the footage from the shop so that we can have a look and judge for ourselves? seeing is believing?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
Very entertaining thread, indeed.

I especially enjoyed the armchair psychology. (Bo Xian, perhaps a review of your counting skills is in order).

This is not the least bit funny. Clever. Or worthy of such ridiculous advise. Diagnostics are unimportant.

If there were any shrinks in the thread, posting at all, the first thing you should be doing is DISCLOSURE!!

OP, if a patient went into a counseling session making the statements she made inside your salon, a TRAINED therapist (at any level of training), would pick up the phone and call the non-emergency number for the police.

Ask to make a report. Collect EVERYTHING concrete you have, receipts, video, signatures, etc. if Po-Po says there is nothing they can do, for whatever lame-ass reason they give, fine. You could ask to have a plain clothes officer to just be present for her next appt. for your protection. Officer Friendly will probably not comply with that. Get the card ofthe officer that takes report. Call him/her when she makes her next apt, and report that to the same officer.

The next time she arrives in your store and gives ANY indication of unusual/threatening behavior (even verbal descriptions of harming others)-CALL 9-1-1!!! Do so outside the range of her hearing. Calmly give your address, explain there is a woman in your store - at this point quote anything she has said that leaves you feeling afraid (and I believe any woman singing church songs about spree killing counts as being worthy of fear).

Don't second guess yourself. You know nothing of her. Self preservation is nothing to be ashamed of. Saving two dozen lives is possible.

To be fair, the OP has explicitly asked what people think about the nature of her presentation; whether it's psychosis, demonic possession etc so, I think those who replied saying "it sounds like XYZ" we're justified in doing so...

As for your suggestions on how to deal with it, I agree, reporting any threatening behaviour or behaviour that would indicate that the lady is a risk to herself or others is essential...

I will say this though, if I called the police every time I heard this kind of thing at work I'd never get anythjng done, I'd be on the phone constantly and the cops would probably end up barring my number

However, I have a lot of training and experience in assessing these kinds of situation and I wouldn't recommend anyone else "second guessing" themselves as you said...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

She's a crazy person. Probably suffering in the wake of an emotion breakdown and looking for attention. Maybe not even coherent. She probably did put that stuff on youtube, and it probably got her banned.

Don't let the details she seems to be providing throw you for a loop. Remote viewers, psychics, and anyone else attempting to share info with you through any mystical means simply guesses until they get something right. It's easy to do. Look up Sylvia Brown for refrence.

Continue making special arrangments for when she visits, and keep 911 on speed dial. I have seen people like that become violent.

She sounds like the fellow we used to have that counted the tiles on the floor, and said he was doing it for Satan. He was a veteran suffering from some kind of breakdown.
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, this is certainly an interesting read from several schizophrenics' point of view on whether or not the voices they hear are demonic...

www.healthcentral.com...

I thought the 26th post down, from Ace01, was pretty telling.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
How do you know it wasn't her messin' with your head? There are some who get a kick out of acting odd just to discomfort others. A friend of mine owned a car detail business and 2 men in their early 20s came in and were acting very strange. He and I were standing at the counter were the register sat, watching the 2 walking around talking to thin air and saying things like "Kill'em all and let God sort'em out" my friend laid a sawed off shotgun on the counter and the strange behavior ended very quickly. Although mental issues are the most likely, don't rule out the idea she just does that to get a reaction. And to be on the safe side, follow the advice about carrying a weapon.
edit on 30-7-2012 by DAVID64 because: correct spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey there and welcome to ATS. Am from Nola myself.
Maybe Bobby Jindal can help you, I just read he helped peform an exorcism back in the day. =)

Alright all jokes aside, she does seem like shes schizophrenic, maybe possessed, or both? who knows?

First thing you need to do, as others have suggested, call the police. Make a report! All they will do is send an officer to collect information and if you could get a picture (from off surveillance vid) for them.. Shoot, they may even ask for the video. Yet no arrest will be made, or you are likely not to know about it. They will put the info you give them on file so IF this person has or will do something, they have some info to go on.

Next, dont let her book another appointment, tell her you are booked til end of the year, then send her to a rival salon. =) or not..

You may want a proffessional opinion. In jefferson parish there is a 24 hour crisis mobile and hotline. (free and local) They are very experienced and should be able to provide you with info on what you should do (or say). I couldn't find anything like this for Orleans Parish, maybe they can.

Mobile Crisis Services

Be careful out there in the city! Alot of crazy out in the street.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That would indeed be an interesting circumstance to be in. It makes you wonder if she has friends or family that are aware of these outburts. The things she is saying and her actions would lead me to think that someone else would have to be aware. There is the spiritual end of things as well, next time you rinse her hair use holy water!! It is truly sad times when we can no longer look at eachother as humans and with compassion, but with uncertainty and as a possible threat.

PLPL

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

DoxieCircus:

Interesting thread. My first question is – You guys are open at 8 AM? Wow, I mean, just WOW.

All kidding aside though, your first responsibility is to the staff and clients of the shop. Your liability insurance may not cover the shop should anything occur if you had not done something to stop it – such as at least filing a report with the police – as unfortunate as that may be.

I’d stay on the side of caution and do like the others suggest. Call the police, make a report, do not let her back inside your shop. If she does, you have to ask her to leave and that could be pretty frightening.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I sort of skimmed the thread, but I didn't see any update on what was on the video. It seemed like foreshadowing, and that the OP would say that there was some sort of horrible demon in the video or something.

As for people saying that she should "post the security video to Youtube" um... it doesn't quite work like that. I've worked retail a lot in my life, and unless you're the manager, you don't really have access to the video. And if you are manager, then you realize the legal ramifications that might lead to the loss of your coveted managerial position.

However, I would still like to know if anyone watched the video and if there was any shapeshifting in it, or maybe some sort of shadow figure or demonic entities, or electronic interference.

No matter what the reason behind her behavior... BE CAREFUL!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

Nope. Similar hair color though... Different state

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sounds like an addict to me. She is either slamming down booze before she comes or is smoking or snorting something. Might be the "dreaded bath salts" we have been hearing so much about lately....they do tend to tear a person apart...bad chemistry.

I'd avoid the chick, protect yourself and be prepared to call the cops if she randomly shows up unannounced.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

We don't open up until Tuesday, I'm not the manager so I don't have access to the video until she and the owner let me have it. And believe what you want. I just came to get answers about what happened and if I should call authorities.

And the number 22 doesn't really stand anymore. We actually hired another person th day before this happened do maybe the number was a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
first off,-yes indeed it was a very odd experience,or even experiences.but, you know,she is most likely harmless....it is the people that act "normal",that you have to worry about.it sounds like she is very mentally ill.in psychiatry,(they do not use the word "crazy")...and what they did in the past to mentally ill people is so unthinkable & inhumane.would you lock up someone with cancer?..would you give shock therepy to someone with diabetes?would you restrain someone with a broken hip? if the body can get sick...so can the mind....mental illness is STILL so taboo..again,it is the people walking around in our society,(that APPEAR to be "normal"),that you have to worry about.by the way,there is no real "normal".....there are many reasons why she might be acting this way.maybe drugs,mental illness,etc.i guess it depends on your patience and understanding,and the need for her business.we are ALL gods children.good luck to you.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join