It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need answers pertaining to something odd that happened yesterday at my work.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

25 years in LE dealing mostly with schizos and psychotics.

Any other questions?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii

Any other questions?

Really....

Would have thought you were much smarter by now...

Des

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DoxieCircus

She sounds like your average method actor.

Could be a prank show - I hope.

link   

reply to post by davidmann

Run and hide. Someone said something off-color.

Anyone with a set sits down and talks to her.

Oh wait, the whole country is supposed to get hysterical first.

Like I said, land of the psych ward, home of the coward.

I agree with some things you say yes...but...I don't have a set, or if I did would no longer have a set when someone starts mentioning working for the Devil...singing a creepy song, etc, that is one of the things that scares me the most!
They did try to talk with her, thinking she was mentally ill but, got scared when they asked questions, as I would be too...lots of people just don't know how to deal with people like that as you do!

Her caretaker should stay with her and let them know what her problem is if asked, she should not just be dropped off and left alone!
Maybe when she calls again for an appointment, they should speak to the other person with her to find out if it is her caretaker, to see if she has a Neurological problem, and to let them know their concerns!

edit on 7/29/2012 by Givenmay because: (no reason given)

link   

Any other questions?

I really don't care how many degrees you have, or if you want to call me insensitive. I have no intention in dealing with someone who is going to threaten me, none whatsoever, whether they have mental problems or not. They are going to get told to get lost and if that doesn't work then things will escalate.

You do not know this person, you do not know what is wrong with them. Are they on medication, are they taking that medication? You are rolling the dice when dealing with those individuals and I am not taking a chance on my life dealing with them.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Did she pay cash and seems she came back also! I heard sometime back that most people that seem NUTS are very smart and how they deal with people are like what you say she acted out. In todays world, they can't be normal since lets face it; you said? Point is cash is cash and so she is crazy, flag is Watch Her and do what she pays for. Better to be prepard and also do what most people don't do Talk! I could say I wear foil on my head as a joke at work, its the responce I look for in people. I find that most NUTS turn out to be good friends just a little understanding and compassion goes along way in this world! Still Watch your back though. By the way Hello there I am new here. Have a interesting day ahead!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by MidnightTide

Simple. They are human beings. You talk to them. You ask them who they're talking to. You tell them no one is there.

At this point you will find out if they're faking it. Ask them if they've seen their doctor today.

And so on. They are people. Treat them as such.

I'm appalled by the hands-off attitude in this thread. No one seems to have the courage to help a fellow human being without involving officials. Very sad.

You are asking laypeople to evaluate this woman's mental health. They can't, and shouldn't try. That's why these things are better handled by professionals. Who knows how the woman will react to the suggestion she sees a doctor?

Just because the hairdressers don't feel like playing shrink with a potential mentally disturbed client doesn't make them cowards or cruel.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Land of the psych ward, home of the coward.

I'll see you on the other side, or will I?

He moves in mysterious ways.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That certainly sounds like schizophrenia, with paranoid delusions and the possibility of psychotic episodes. My advice? Call police and report he as a possible danger to herself and others.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So...now you've gone from experienced LE person...to religious mystic....

Guess you didn't like the logical replies to your previous posts.

Des

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Either way; Schizo or Possessed that woman is a danger to herself and others and definitely should NOT be allowed to possess a firearm (or any weapon for that matter). I say the "funny farm" for her.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I had no idea there were so many chicken****s out there.

Schizophrenia does not mean she is a mass murderer. And the best thing you can come up with is call someone else to do the mop-up or use denial of service.

America, land of the psych ward, home of the coward.

No, it doesn't. Nor does her behaviour necessarily equate to her having 'schizophrenia'. It could be anything, including something in the airwaves that you or I may not be aware of, or affected by. Does that change the situation?

The woman is acting like an attention whore, punctuating her performance with what may be completely random, or otherwise, macabre flashpoints. I don't see where you get off thinking that we should just socially accommodate this sort of loaded randomness. I don't really care what mental umbrella this woman is protected by, she most likely should be accompanied by a close proximity care taker.

Perhaps you are taking offense to the 'gun solution' mentioned earlier, you know, bring a gun to the salon, and be prepared to use it. Yeah, that's a classy response. There's nothing like getting prepared to shoot a person who is somewhat off in the head, yes sir, that's the ticket. I can see your response in a different light when I consider that there may be many gun suggestion solutions between page 2 and here. The gun remarks are rude, and out of place in this situation. Calling cops, on this woman, in an emergency context, in Amerika, also gives a pretty good chance of success~in other words~gun success (death).

Chickenxxxts? OK. My fear is being bored to death by having to humor her. If she's acting out much beyond that, then I am ready to wash my hands of the sideshow. Life is just too short to be spending time admiring random malfunctionings in a person. If that's your occupation, or your passion, then fine. It really is hard enough, imo, to find quality interaction amongst so-called 'normal' or well-adjusted folk, than to be wallowing in hand holding ceremonies with your local, albeit good natured homicide lover. No thanks. If I wanted that, I'd be in Congress.

One more thing: the authorities already know all about this woman. I am suggesting that the folk at the salon have access to this information.

In terms of 'political correctness' of the situation.... I was nearly arrested 5 years ago for telling a woman from Grumman that the doors they put on their truck were designed by an idiot. She was on her phone calling corporate, to see if she still had to talk to this insensitive person. I think what this person in the OP did is a little over the top, if you get my point. I have seen enough 'crazy' for the rest of my years. I do not admire their situation, but I am not going to humor them. I would demand to know what I needed to know, if only to avoid contact with her on the day they bring her in for her beauty work.

edit on 29-7-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I am a practicing magician. IMO I would always assume a mental health diagnosis before a supernatural one. I feel it is best to involve the health authorities before priests or magicians unless there is a clearly supernatural component.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Run and hide. Someone said something off-color.

Anyone with a set sits down and talks to her.

Oh wait, the whole country is supposed to get hysterical first.

Like I said, land of the psych ward, home of the coward.

I put a lot of thought into my replies. You are simply bracketing responses with a group label, and a very uncreative one, at that. Say something once, why say it again?

You bore me, to the bone. Not your fault, btw. You can't help the way you are, right? So, I should sit and talk with you? No, thanks.

edit on 29-7-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It sounds like this woman is psychotic. 'Possessed' belongs a century or so back when people didn't understand mental illness.
I don't know what the system is over in US but here in UK just because you have got a mental illness doesn't mean you have to go everywhere accompanied by a carer, not does it necessarily mean you are a danger to yourself or others. What normally happens is that people live in the community but are admitted to hospital or a mental health unit for acute phases of their illness. If however someone finds it difficult to cope long term they might live in residential or supported accommodation.
It sounds as though this woman might be going through an acute phase. Sometimes people live quite stable lives but discontinue their meds because they feel well and then end up having a relapse. If it were in the UK, I would be contacting the social services mental health team and then be guided by them.
Really you would be doing her a favour especially as she is probably already known to the services.

edit on 29-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

amen brother, you should post in rants and i'll be your second.

EVERYBODY who proposed cops, believes in solving problems with violence, and cops are the very last people you want dealing withn what may be a harmless nutter. as many who called them to calm down a relative or a friend tragically discovered. when the cops "prescribed the little lead or copperjacketed pills" as a cure.

then there is schizophrenia: the definition which changes with the political and social tides

early in the 20th century it was used to lock up depressed housewives, often depressed by their husbands little mind games because he was tired of her and wanted to move on to the next victim but needed a acceptable excuse to divorce her.

in the sixties it was angry young black men, claiming the government was out to keep black people down could get you locked up and treated

and ther's a normally nice young lady who has contradicted herself in a manner spanish speakers refer to as:
"preaching morality in their underwear"
quick call the men in white coats!!!

Originally posted by Tiger5
I am a practicing magician. IMO I would always assume a mental health diagnosis before a supernatural one. I feel it is best to involve the health authorities before priests or magicians unless there is a clearly supernatural component.

and i am a fallen one.

it was a long fall too.

your attitude while considered commendable to most,

is wrong

never ever assume anything!

that pretty girl that chats you up and mooches a cigarette from you, and oh her ride is here and leaves...
just got her hands on a magical link,
which she'll deliver to her masters
who will use it to really do a number on you.

true story

crazy vibes and possesed vibes are veeeerrry different.

she could also be feeding on the energies
released by the people she shocks.

but you won't know until you see the person and look in their eyes.

Originally posted by autowrench

That certainly sounds like schizophrenia, with paranoid delusions and the possibility of psychotic episodes. My advice? Call police and report he as a possible danger to herself and others.

gasp!!! ET TU AUTO?

Originally posted by starchild10
It sounds like this woman is psychotic. 'Possessed' belongs a century or so back when people didn't understand mental illness.

L
L and of course people understand mental illness nowadays.

LMAO

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
lol kinda funny post, but op is trolling.
4 pages .

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do what I did. Google the persons' first name last name and mughshot. ie: Jane Doe mughshot

If they have one, call the police. Even if they do not, call and make a report. Ask the police for advice on what to do. Most of all, don't brush it off.

Several days ago, someone also threatened the staff where I work. The person made terroristic threats, threatening the lives of the employees. Security was notified, but police were not. We were put on "lock down" which amounted to a butt load of nothing, because people can easily bypass all security measures, which the person had done multiple time in these past few days. It was out of my hands, I am a low person on the totem pole in a big corporate setting.

Their behaviour was much like the behaviour of the person you described. One moment they seemed perfectly normal, the next, batshot crazy.

So, I looked this person up.

This is only one of the gleaming gems on their public record:

16-5-21, @ * AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

(a) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault when he or she assaults:

(1) With intent to murder, to rape, or to rob;

(2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury; or

(3) A person or persons without legal justification by discharging a firearm from within a motor vehicle toward a person or persons.

(b) Except as provided in subsections (c) through (i) of this Code section, a person convicted of the offense of aggravated assault shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years.

That was all I needed to see.

The police were still never called, but I was ready to run if I saw them.

You never know who you are dealing with, and it isn't worth the risk.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Keep emergency on speed dial aha

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Most crazy people are just boring."

Really? How many do you know? I happen to know quite a few and they are the most interesting people I know.

Chickens abound. And so do people talking out of their butts.

Well why didn't you just say so?
Now I understand.

I don't know crazy people. I know some people who are quite full of themselves, with delusions of trillion dollar grandeur, and who do not need me to hang with since they have so many voices in their head, and private laughter that cannot be explained, even by themselves. In fact, the few utterances in explanation that I have heard were like satan's playbook of flattery. Vivid dreams of persons telling them 'they never met anyone so smart and intelligent', complete with imaginary drug deals, and then, hanging around somewhere because the voices said they were going to pick him up and take him to work for the government and so on. Not to mention the frequent visits by alphabet agencies which can turn any visit into a lucky hit on the roulette wheel, about a 1 in 36 chance of my being there when these visits happen. No thanks. I appreciate friendship, but I suggest that you take some time off to orient yourself. There's a lot going on in R and D, and some of these persons are succumbing to it. You are pretty quick to diagnose schizophrenia on aberrant behavior, aren't you? Does that make you more humane?

The word seems to be a catch all for something much more diabolical than a mere mental illness. It is a cover, as you yourself said. But a cover for what? Are you capable of answering with something more interesting than an insult? In my opinion, you have brought nothing to the table.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join