It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS gone mad? What has happened to the core value of this once great site!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

See a mod posts and they scurry away. ATS needs more mods who can remove the poop. Nobody likes stepping in #. but the internets biggest problem is perhaps anonymity. Most the the trolls are real life cowards. Truth

I have thought of this, but what if ATS was allowed to elect several moderators who serve a certain amount of time? True poop destroyers who would serve the community good? (they would love that)
edit on 7/29/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I disagree...they can do more because they don't operate out of overlords basement or other similar place.

You need money to do more and better things technologically.

We have an unlimited upload area, video uploader, all sorts of profile options, posting options....ect..

That takes money....plain and simple..

So we have some ads....so what

Would you donate money to ATS...?

I wouldn't and I love this place....advertise if it keeps it working....I don't mind. I don't care if they make a profit either....I am sure allot of effort has gone into ATS. That is why we are all here, it doesn't suck. How they make it possible doesn't really bother me. Unless they are harvesting human organs or selling harmonic positivity water /snake oil.

edit on 29-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

See a mod posts and they scurry away. ATS needs more mods who can remove the poop. Nobody likes stepping in #. but the internets biggest problem is perhaps anonymity. Most the the trolls are real life cowards. Truth

Who defines what is crap? To a long time member that speed reads every thread from the firehose each day, there may be a ton of crap. The weekend ATS warrior that has two jobs and three kids, there may be many new topics to browse.

Unless by poop you mean the trolling posts. If that's the case, then I agree.
edit on 29-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I agree completely with that...i myself have post nothing but crap...but it could be that i i am just lousy at making titles that grab the headlines....I think i will have to hire meself a publicist or is that plublicist....I think there is loads of fantastic content on here...but i do think people can be fickle and since it has become such a instant gratification type world ...if it does jingle the jangles then it gets dismissed....also i think with the way the world is right now...it is a pretty damn depressing place and people for the most part just like to vent....and their is nothing better than just venting at complete strangers and getting away with it....booowah.

The most discouraging bit though is when people attack peoples characters for having and giving opinion...i mean why start a thread if you can't accept opinion....People it seems to just want to be agreed with...SO YOU ALL BETTER AGREE WITH ME......in my couple years here i ahave found the site very enlightening and i do find some interesting bits of knowledge on here....like when lightening strikes upwards...that was amazing.
edit on 033131p://f57Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Despite my registration date, I've been coming to ATS for years (since 03/04 I think). The problems with the forum can be summed up thusly IMO:

1. Too much discussion around politics and religion. These two topics ALWAYS bring out the worst in people. However, threads bashing Obama, supporting Ron Paul etc get a lot of views and replies so I'm sure they're here to stay. I remember when ATS launched its politics section of the website a few years ago - I think the current problems can be traced back to that point. Which leads to point two...

2. ATS has become more popular. Back in the day this site was for hardcore weirdos and conspiracy theorists. There was still a lot of crap posted, don't get me wrong, but it didn't drown out the genuinely interesting, detailed and thought-provoking threads posted on here, simply because the forum was less populated and there was far less non-conspiracy related discussion cluttering up the board. Basically, if you weren't interested in aliens, UFOs, paranormal, NWO, Illuminati etc - back then, you wouldn't have posted here. Now ATS has broadened its horizons, which has attracted members far removed from its initial target audience. This leads to a higher number of idiots (spelling and grammar on here has nosedived noticably in the past couple of years for example), higher number of inane crap posted and this has drowned out genuine conspiracy theories and "alternative" discussions.

Just my opinion. I still check out the most read threads on the current topics option (a feature I like) but have pretty much given up scouring the forum for good threads these days, too much like looking for a needle in a haystack.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Blame the madness on worthless political garbage. The site had a major decline in quality during the last presidential election. We were finally getting rid of Bush, but a lot of the leftover fear, anger, and paranoia that formed during his presidency was being released. Suddenly, Obama became the focal point for a lot of those negative emotions. Xenophobia, racism, anger, and blind hatred started to manifest and people wanted somewhere to vent. Naturally, they came to a conspiracy board.

Want to discuss UFO's, Big Foot, Nessie, Atlantis, 2012, Secret Societies, or psychic phenomenon? Sure, you can still do that. However, what was once a major aspect to the site took a back seat to pointless bickering. Not debate, where all parties are open to new ideas. No, many members have completely abandoned the very notion that they should ever compromise or back down. We've all probably seen it. Someone makes a thread and a group of members completely buy in to the idea. The subject gets proven wrong, but the group refuses to admit it and star each other as if it negates the loss. They'll use mental gymnastics, misquotes, or unreliable sources to further push the already dead idea. It's almost like some regard humility as a crime or a sign of weakness.

edit on 29-7-2012 by DemonicAngelZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's because as more time goes along, we begin to realize certain truths as a collective.

Are you seriously considering we keep talking about things we KNOW are false?
That have been discussed countless times, proven right or wrong in a million ways..?
That's called insanity.
And i'm glad the discussion always shift here so we aren't debating the same old tired topics.

Also, if it bothers you that much, i've never seen you start a thread?..

Where is YOUR contribution?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Of course ATS has changed.

You cant say that "ATS is member driven" and "It is YOU who has changed" and then in the same breath say "ATS hasn't changed." Oxymoron much?

The quality in threads has gone down for numerous reasons, it's certainly not the same place it was when I joined, that's for sure.

Having said that, I still log on everyday to see what going on. The difference being, a few years ago I logged on feeling like I was seconds away from discovering something magical and awesome.

Now I log on and feel like I'm visiting a mental asylum.

Gone mad you say?
edit on 29/7/2012 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

I have thought of this, but what if ATS was allowed to elect several moderators who serve a certain amount of time? True poop destroyers who would serve the community good?
edit on 7/29/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

I hear ya, real loud and clear and couldnt agree more

Creative Writing, spin, stars flags, First to post it. bunch a horse crap, mixed with chicken crap just for spite!!

edit on 29-7-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And on that note I'm closing this to staff review. Will it be reopened? My guess is 50-50. I seem to be the only one on right now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join