It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS gone mad? What has happened to the core value of this once great site!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

Those people you mentioned are trolling the majority of the time. Were they different at one point? Did they actually contribute? One of the names you mentioned has used youtube videos in his last two posts, and then added one line of text.

I think the problem is that ATS members have started giving more of those stars and flags for trolling, than for contributing. This is why they do it so often.

When you reward for immature antics, you bring the site and the idea of a rep system down to nothing. Evidence: the many posters that join to make one cool thread, and immediately quit the site.

I didn't give you a star or a flag because you wrote your thread faster than I have written this reply.
edit on 29-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

If that is a serious question, I'll answer it for you. You have negative points because some of your posts have violated the T & Cs. So, those posts in question were removed and you were deducted points. Make sure that when you respond to a post or a thread that you practice "debating" and not "attacking". If you are actively respectful to other members, then you have nothing to worry about.

Hope to see some of your opinions in the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

22 flags and a gazillion stars in just four hours. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that people just love to b&%ch. I (sniffle), I think I love you all!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

See what ATS needs to do is encourage more advanced posters to not just post in the popular forums, but move some of the discussions to some of the smaller less popular ones

I for one believe they're many more interesting chats to have.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wish OP doesn't finish this thread with words "See, I fooled you all".
I've seen this style somewhere...
Sorry, I had to brought this up, don't throw rocks on me

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by mespen

22 flags and a gazillion stars in just four hours. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that people just love to b&%ch. I (sniffle), I think I love you all!

i wasn't after S+F

I was getting pissed off with todays posts

I dont know how to attract attention on this site, maybe bitching is the new attention grabber!

( hope not)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Thanks I will consider this when posting in future!
Yes I'm pretty much a noob to the site, so of course I'm still learning the ropes, but damn the T&Cs are tight!

Can't complain though I suppose, they've probably stopped me from receiving abuse at times

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
reply to post by mespen

See what ATS needs to do is encourage more advanced posters to not just post in the popular forums, but move some of the discussions to some of the smaller less popular ones

I for one believe they're many more interesting chats to have.

True, this is what i mean!

But you have beem drawn to this post rather than the other posts!

And this post doesn't even have a interesting topic!

Wierd ????

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Why is this thread still here and not in Rants - like all the others?

What's different about it? What sets it apart? Did I miss a new outlook, a new twist, new information and/or any other thing that sets it aside from the others? There's not even a picture or a video to add visual interest. Just another repeat thread... ironic, given the gripe.

edit on 29-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

thanks for you 6th page reply!

i started this thread i a simple rant

didn't expect any notice what so ever!

i have posted interlectual commments to several post on haven't even got notice.#

i make 1 simple rant about the nature or todays ATS'ers,............look what happens!

People would rather defend there ideals than take a moment to think about what could be best for the planet.

when the day comes, i hope that there is more of us and less of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

You can either be the change, or wait for someone else to search for truth for you and put it on ATS. Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

First thing I saw when I logged in was this. and honestly I agree. A lot of trolls who just create an account to bash and stay a little longer just being ignorant. The people on this site feed the trolls like it is their job!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ATS is fine,

When elections come around....certain people come online to show support for their candidate. All parties do this and allot of people do this on their own.

When a certain military effort is being pushed, people go online to muster support for said conflict. It can come from all sides....those attacking or those being attacked and those whom it is being done for or against supposedly.

When certain agendas are being ironed out, people go online to get the pulse of people. from ATS to face book, to Christian organizations. Everything is collected and sent to those advising policy makers.

Sometimes you have people who used to work here or there that on their off time come here to troll a bit and have a laugh, or others who come here to keep up with what they left off in their careers.

Then you have people who are religious fanatics, others who are anti religion fanatics, new angers, out right fascists. All sorts of apologists, arm chair generals, ect....

it is normal. I like it this way. If it were all like minded people, I would not be a member. I would never hear the other side.

This is still a great site and I believe in it. It is worth allot to have a place like ATS. It is not worse, just reflective of the people in the world to some degree like all sites are being that we make up the membership. Maybe we are worse as people....If your issue is with content then provide the substance you find lacking.

I have made threads where I posted EVERY response. I don't care. I learned something, or wanted a reference point for myself to organize information, so I did the work and posted it. If anything for myself.

Just add what you feel is lacking. Speak up to those you disagree with and learn from them, meet them half way and move on. If they are human crap, just ignore them.

I personaly like what people would call shills. They make you work for it, and eventually teach you all you need to know about what the counter argument could be in real life.

I even like trolls since they provide comedy relief.

All in all.....ATS rocks.

edit on 29-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If anyone is interested...The site is privately owned...so the only true thing that can ever be posted are things that do not lose the site it's advertising dollars...if you step over the bounds...then the ad man will come and get you...I do understand where the OP is coming from...It like the good ole days when you finally left home and you could drink from the carton of milk.....then you get married and bam....no more drinking from the carton of milk...and then you find yourself telling your own kids...who the hell drank all my beer....

Ok i have no idea where i am going with this one....but it seems nostalgia has something to do with it....when the community was smaller...and the Amish all lives happily under the one word of god...and then the bikers came to town...had their sordid ways with our woman and turned our own people against us....but i must say the ladies do dress a lot sexier now...

Damn another bad analogy...I think i need to go find that Alzheimer thread again if i could just remember where i put the damn car keys....but i do think the OP is forgetting the fact it is summer.and when schools out the kids will all come out to play...I have noticed this phenomena myself in my short time here...One day i will check to see if i have any stars left...I know i took a bashing for demeaning people in the 911 threads...They called me silly truther...so i came up with silly falser...and bam i got hammered by the mods....mostly likely deserved it though....bloody double standards anyways....I think sometimes as a longterm poster you can get disillusioned at the trolling and dis info agents that set upon your threads so this discourages people from making decent posts.

Oddly enough one of my best showing threads was...TO SUE OR POO...I think it was the catchy title not to sure...tried another thread recently...a pictorial thread saying pictures can speak a thousand words....but that did not go down well so i had to change it...the results are ending up the same...but it was discouraging....I lessoned my posting to meet T&C which was odd,

Any how I could make this go on for endless amounts of time...but i will try to keep it short.

To the OP...i think there are brilliant threads still being posted...but i think the choice has broadened widely which can make quantity over quality seem like it is getting the upper hand....i say go with it...Take a chillax pill sit back and enjoy the ride.

edit on 033131p://f40Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mespen
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I read anything that has a captive headline
unfortunatly , the port isn't as captivating
I loved to read about the ancients, religion, natural beauty, space, new scientific discoveries, personal achievement ,anythin that is amazing!
Not the same old repeated crap that star and flag hoarders post!

I love all that stuff, only, when I read 99% of today's threads I picture Jon Lovitz character of the pathological liar reading this crap to me.

I was trying out my camera the other day and I snapped a picture of a dog. No, I meant a picture of...?...an alien, yeah! That's the ticket. I'd show ya the picture, but I tripped and dropped the camera in a bucket of...?...ectoplasm! Yeah!

No doubt about it, there was an evil ghost in my house, and the only way to fight an evil ghost is to...?...have an out of body experience! Yeah!

lol

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Has ATS gone AD? What has happened to the core value of this once great site!!!,

FTFY.

More accurate now.

As long as there are ads, integrity is compromised.

Every time.
edit on 29-7-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't agree that ATS has changed all that much, certainly not for the negative anyway. Sure, there may be ignorant, trollish-type people posting here however, no doubt about it, and yes they are and can be annoying, but why are we focusing on just that, the minority? That doesn't seem fair at all. Why are we just completely ignoring the positive members that have found our site and decided to contribute, why does that never receive the same attention? They're undoubtedly here after all and in force.

Looking across the boards we do see a lot of, to put it bluntly, crap. Simple as that. There is a lot of crap on the boards, no one, no matter how long they've been here or how much they post, can deny that really. It is there. But seriously guys, let's not forget something.. there may be crap, there may be nonsense and so on.. but there's also some great content. And I don't care what some people say, it is there and there's more of it as well, In my humble opinion.

What I do think has happened here in our little community, and has been summed up rather well by SkepticOverlord, site owner, is indeed this, something that's always stuck with me and something I can't really disagree with:

The chronology works something like this:

DISCOVERY: OMG! You (the rhetorical "you") discover this new venue full of people who think like you, and share many of your desires. In the case of ATS, the content is so deep and broad, there seems to be no way you can take it all in.

JOIN: YES! You join ATS and tentatively jump into the discussions, somewhat apprehensive because everyone seems so much more well-informed than you. Hopefully, your comments will be accepted.

ACTIVE: OMFG! After a brief period of getting used to the newness of ATS and getting to know a few members, you have confidence that you can contribute threads that will get some attention, and look forward to the responses you'll receive. You may even be thinking of your threads, or thinking of the replies you'll make, when you're offline doing other things.

HERO: YES! You've author a few threads that made it to the site home, and have reached a stage where you feel you have the respect of many members. Your comments now carry some gravitas.

SATURATED: LOL. Over time, you begin to see what you think are the same topics over and over, or, perhaps mildly rehashed versions of what "feels" like one of the same topics over and over. At first you're not aware of the saturated feeling, but you find yourself visiting fewer of the "aggregation" pages of ATS, looking for new and active threads -- you're just scanning the recent posts page thinking things like: 1) seen it, 2) know it, 3) hoax, 4) stupid, 5) WTF? -- and so on.

FATIGUE: FUUUUUUUUUUUU... The saturation has given way to fatigue as you no longer seem to find anything that holds your interest, or too many topics that feel like rehashes of rehashes of rehashed issue that have been done to death.

COMPLAIN: It seems a fair number of members who reach the fatigue point would rather complain about the perceived problem than do something meaningful about it: spend the effort to author new threads that exemplify their interests and push new ideas into the conversation mix. Not everyone is capable of that, and this is the primary reason you see "active long-term members" become inactive.

In reality, nothing has changed. I'm serious about this.

YOU have changed. You've absorbed everything you have the desire to absorb from ATS, and the inevitable happens, very little seems new or fresh any more. But to those just joining (like you in the discovery phase), EVERYTHING seems new and fresh.
Post by SkepticOverlord

Can you really deny this, in all seriousness? I can't. I think this is exactly what's happened. So no, ATS has not changed (there's been complaints about declining content since a short while after It's existence after all), you've in fact changed.

Just throwing out my two cents for what It's worth.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join