It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS gone mad? What has happened to the core value of this once great site!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I only read your post and not the 4 pages of replies so I assume someone else has said this but in case they havent Ill say it.

Who are you to complain???

This is a user content generated site and in 1+ years of being a member you have contributed less than 100 posts!!!!

Maybe if people like you had more to say people like you would have less to complain about!

Since when quantity equals quality ?

Does a one year member, who just feel the urge to speak up on basically every subject on ATS, regardless of his knowledge, just to sound Intelligent, and wins 20,000+ stars in just one year of membership, is better than the quite learning investigative type member?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by mespen

I am questioning his saying that pictures are needed to be true. I read posts to see what the person perceives and respond with possible solutions. I have to try to understand what the person thinks he saw to comment on it.

As far as the part about a scientist's or professional's compliance to make it be accepted as real in society, that is the way it is. Everyone here could agree that a video was real but if it was not accepted by scientists it would not be considered real by most of society. It could be as real as I am and they wouldn't allow it to be considered. I'm here because I want to learn about what others are seeing without the limitations posed by the scientific fields. I still study science but am not sure the consensus they accept as real is the truth. Evidence can be used to back up misconceptions in theory and I see lots of that happening. I have never seen what I consider a UFO but I cannot say they don't exist because I have not seen one. I cannot say anything doesn't exist because my knowledge or perception has limitations. Probable and possible are words I use a lot in my thinking. The only thing I know for sure is that we can't be sure of anything in this realm because everyone has limited comprehension..

True knowledge comes from your own understanding.

we can't alll know the true meaning!

Just what we believe

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by lambs to lions

I just realised I have -300 and something ATS points guess people don't like me!

i'll see your -300 and raise you my -626

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

I only read your post and not the 4 pages of replies so I assume someone else has said this but in case they havent Ill say it.

This is a user content generated site and in 1+ years of being a member you have contributed less than 100 posts!!!!

Maybe if people like you had more to say people like you would have less to complain about!

Does a one year member, who just feel the urge to speak up on basically every subject on ATS, regardless of his knowledge, just to sound Intelligent, and wins 20,000+ stars in just one year of membership, is better than the quite learning investigative type member?

Or, more accurately, the user who takes already misleading information (often from a website like the daily mail.uk, world nt daily news, etc) and packages it with an obvious sensational (and inaccurate) spin in order to garner s and f's.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
S&F

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

F & S

Time to drain the pond.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mespen

I know stuff , sorry, no you know stuff, i know , you know,!!

Are you a creator?

you been on this site for a whole year?.......... you must be the longest site member ever !!!!! my hero!

Dont think that you know more than any of us, u know what you know.

my post contribution says nothing about my knowledge

your contribution to most posts of been that of simple ' trolling' !

and your stars have come from minded people like youself!

you really aint what this site should be about, maybe you should tweet someone ........ or log on to facebook!

Have fun!!!

Ouch!!!!!!

I dont use facebook or anyother form of social media for that matter.

I know Im not as informed or knowledgeable as some other members but to complain about a lack of worthwhile input while inputing practically nothing urself seems kind of silly to me.

But anyway just ignore me as Im obviously a troll

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This has been a topic that gets posted at least twice a month; however, I do feel where you 're coming from op.

It has gotten to the point that I can read the title and tell if it's mere crap.. most of the topics are poorly researched and highly popular/debatable topics that are sure S&F's (i.e. "God isn't real" or "Aliens have never visited Earth" and so on..)

Hey, if you're up to it learn to build your own site.. maybe even issue an I.Q. test before signing up
(probably not a good idea)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PariahPirahna

reply to post by Wertdagf

this post wasn't about how mad You are, and........ you dont Know half of what i know.
If you knew what i know, well, you would be sleeepiung between your mum and dadv tonight, and the rest of the few months mankind have to cherish!
This post isn't about me, its about dicks like you you!

Stop before you humiliate yourself any further.

mmm, dont think so
this post is about unintellegent posts/ replies
you have contributted

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

this is what i posted for , people like this!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

I just realised I have -300 and something ATS points guess people don't like me!

Perfect example!

it isn't about stars or flags.............Knowledge and thought!

go and tweet or faceboook someone!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I started a Mega Thread for the 2 week Olympic Games and posted it in the "General Conspiracy" section, hoping to due away with MULTIPLE threads regarding the Olympics (like they have for earthquakes)....and it was quickly moved to "Off Topic: World Sports". I even had a user post live stream, hours before anyone else. This was my intentions for my thread.

There's been a lot of talk and speculating about these specific Olympic games and now, they're finally here. There will be over a billion people focused in on their favorite Olympic athletes and proudly watching their country compete; and you will be one of those eyes. EYES will be everywhere. That's what this topic is all about! What do you SEE? While you are watching the games...what do you notice? What do you feel? What is your mind like? You are the commentator, what's going on? How is the competition? The atmosphere? The energy???? Also, feel free to post pics, links, streams and videos of these Olympic games.
Olympics 2012: The "Events" (SuperMegaThread)

I was NEVER my intention for my thread to be used for "World Sports"...but Sports and Conspiracy. Kinda like an up-to-the-minute (live) thread. I was hoping people would post about the games AND strange happenings. For example here's something "strange" that happened...that seems to have gone unnoticed; because i'm in the "Off Topic: World Sports" section. Scroll down the page, for the news article, then tell me that's not a conspiracy or something???
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now, let's see how many different threads about the Olympics will be made, over the next 2 weeks; when everyone could have posted their comments there. That's why i named it: Olympics 2012: The "Events"(SuperMegaThread). It should have consisted of 2 weeks worth of information. Instead, the thread made by someone else, "Olympic Opening Ceremony", remained in the General Conspiracy section, and mine got the boot. I'm a little peeved because my thread was made 3 or so hours prior.

And, just so everyone knows, i'll be posting live streams for anyone interested. Feel free to join me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Everyone contributes SOMETHING on this site regardless. One that sits and reads all the topics and responses passes that information to someone else in one way or another has contributed by awakening someone.

Your credibility shouldn't be on a paper or column you write.. it should be participation and your perspective. I'm not a good article writer but I have experience in life others don't.. many things contribute to making this site good not the column inches or stars.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Perfect example!

it isn't about stars or flags.............Knowledge and thought!

go and tweet or faceboook someone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you don't mean me!
I'm not complaining about how few ats points i have! I'm saying what do they even mean why are our opinions being rated.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

actually, the stars and flags deal is irrelevant and slightly amusing to me. my comment was a humourous retort, no more. stars schmars.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've been a member since 2004, a lurking reader for much longer. I stopped posting here shortly after my account was hacked. Was very upset about that. Of all places, I felt safe logging into ats. Then I received an email stating that my account has been compromised. After that I just didn't need the headache.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

I guess your on the same boat as i am. I also have noticed this pattern.

S & F
edit on 29-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by mespen

F & S

Time to drain the pond.

i was never after S+F

I Cant believe i touched on this many peoples nerves ( not you brother, i need to close this)

My post was simply about the unwanted post/replies that fill ATS

I have attracted that 10% and growing crowd!

This was a simple rant, i expected 1 or 2 replies.

Instead i got true truth searchers( love you ) and true anger seachers( mmm )

this isnt a social network site, its truth seekers site.

ATS staff should focus more on truth more than member/advetiseing profits!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

lol...too funny

Some people are taking things a little bit too seriously, I can appreciate the levity

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join