It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS gone mad? What has happened to the core value of this once great site!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

This site is a direct reflection of us.

All of us.

If we want to see a "new" ATS it should begin with us.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

I am questioning his saying that pictures are needed to be true. I read posts to see what the person perceives and respond with possible solutions. I have to try to understand what the person thinks he saw to comment on it.

As far as the part about a scientist's or professional's compliance to make it be accepted as real in society, that is the way it is. Everyone here could agree that a video was real but if it was not accepted by scientists it would not be considered real by most of society. It could be as real as I am and they wouldn't allow it to be considered. I'm here because I want to learn about what others are seeing without the limitations posed by the scientific fields. I still study science but am not sure the consensus they accept as real is the truth. Evidence can be used to back up misconceptions in theory and I see lots of that happening. I have never seen what I consider a UFO but I cannot say they don't exist because I have not seen one. I cannot say anything doesn't exist because my knowledge or perception has limitations. Probable and possible are words I use a lot in my thinking. The only thing I know for sure is that we can't be sure of anything in this realm because everyone has limited comprehension..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I only read your post and not the 4 pages of replies so I assume someone else has said this but in case they havent Ill say it.

Who are you to complain???

This is a user content generated site and in 1+ years of being a member you have contributed less than 100 posts!!!!

Maybe if people like you had more to say people like you would have less to complain about!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The debate forum is re-emerging as aplace to go for the high level debate.

Ya'll should visit.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Cyanhide
now if you start a UFO thread you either get banned or its getting trolled on.

There is HARDLY anything i'd call an UFO thread anymore, not compared to the early years -2007 where you could actually read good and intelligent stuff here PLUS have a good conversation.

Highly interesting cases like the O'Hare case etc. and other cases have been discussed.

TODAY..what you call "UFO thread" is 95% some person who cannot even spell right, re-posts some Youtube video or posts a "UFO thread" which would even hardcore UFO researchers make cringe. Nibiru, PlanetX etc.

Postings which seem to be done by people with an IQ of a potato. The last GOOD thread i found here was the one about that that mass sighting back many decades ago in Australia - the rest, you can honestly forget it.

The rest is conspiracy theories where some person ALWAYS BLAMES Obama and the "current government"..where (in my opinion) a clear political bias always plays a role, as if someone pulls out a theory from their hats so they can blame the Obama legislation for all kinds of stuff. (Sorry, gotten OT here, but there is a clear tendency there in many conspiracy threads, it's more or less just hate threads about the government in disguise).

Flexy, you said it better than me , your I.Q. betters mine! well put !!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

They have a forum for the old timers...it's just when Alzheimers sets in it no one knows where the heck to find it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
maybe some people just think they are conspiracy theorist

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
maybe some people just think they are conspiracy theorist

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I only read your post and not the 4 pages of replies so I assume someone else has said this but in case they havent Ill say it.

Who are you to complain???

This is a user content generated site and in 1+ years of being a member you have contributed less than 100 posts!!!!

Maybe if people like you had more to say people like you would have less to complain about!

I know stuff , sorry, no you know stuff, i know , you know,!!

Are you a creator?

you been on this site for a whole year?.......... you must be the longest site member ever !!!!! my hero!

Dont think that you know more than any of us, u know what you know.

my post contribution says nothing about my knowledge

your contribution to most posts of been that of simple ' trolling' !

and your stars have come from minded people like youself!

you really aint what this site should be about, maybe you should tweet someone ........ or log on to facebook!

Have fun!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

You mad bro?

Dont let the fact that i know more than you get you down.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

"You mad bro?" There we go......

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

ATS has become rather large. It's a for-profit endeavor. Sensation is a very profitable product. Look at Glenn Beck and Alex Jones. The trend toward sensation is an understandable one when one considers people have bills to pay. This place is covered in ads, and something has to keep the web traffic up to make those ads profitable. Boring, factual discussions dont really bring the masses in. But sensation does. So sensation is the future, my friend.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Haha. You guys and your "You can be the change to ATS" posts.

This site is "privately" owned. You can't change anything. You'll just get nagged with "Well it isn't your site, so you can go find another one".

Even if you are a long time member with contribution, if you post something the owner or the mods don't like, it's instant ban, no warnings.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a DoD web project though. That's another conspiracy for another time however.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't have said it better myself. I learned so much, just by coming to this site. Now, it just seems like people are posting, to earn flags and stars. And you know what? It seems to be working. So many USELESS threads. I mean, how many threads does ATS need, regarding chemtrails???

I also feel like the Mods pick and choose which comments they want to censor. People post 1 liners, and they seem to go unchecked. If you're gonna have "terms and conditions"....at least apply them for all posts...or don't apply them at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

I just realised I have -300 and something ATS points guess people don't like me!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I started I thread expressing my opinions on gun control and people accused me of trolling.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There two areas that ATS has declined in my opinion.

1. ATS used to be one of my daily sources for breaking news, but a few prolific posters of news are no longer posting news here. ATS could be huge again for the breaking news forums if they would allow news that is being posted there to remain there even if it isn't alternative.

2. Its election season and ATS has historically been anti established, we saw this throughout the Bush administration and now were seeing this with the Obama administration. Are members being paid to shill for political parties, political action groups, and or religious groups? I'm sure these things are happening on the web and ATS is a free site so there is nothing to stop this from happening.

Don't let possible paid shrills discourage you, engage them in debate. The politics part of the site ebbs and flows from one political season to the next.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ATS is exactly a reflection of most people you would meet in a bar. Drunk and lookin for trouble!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by jiggerj

That kinda poo just can't be faked!

A must watch

First, I laughed. Second, I said to myself, "It's an act, right?' Third, utter disbelief that anyone could be that stupid. If you watch any of her other clips, it's clear that this girl is totally freakin' gone! LOLOLOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join