It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resident Evil: Retribution? Another RE movie? *Sigh*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They are making ANOTHER Resident Evil film? Have they not realized how crappy the series has been? If ever a series was in need of a reboot it's the RE movie franchise.

Evidence? Well in the new movie Michelle Rodriguez's character makes a comeback. "But, wait," you ask, "didn't she get killed in the first movie?" Yes. She comes back playing her character who was cloned... TWICE... by Umbrella. So there will be a "good Rain Ocampo" who will be helping Alice and company... AND a "bad Rain" who will be hunting them.

SMH. At least they will be introducing Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong in this film, although I'm sure they will screw that up also.
edit on 29-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

i got to say
i love them all even the games
i have been a fan since the beginning
in all honesty IM A ZOMBIE FREAK lol

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The problem with the movies is there is too much action and the story is all over the place so it's basically incoherent most of the time.... Well at least the movies are staying the course of being consistently bad though, while the RE games are getting consistently worse, RE6 zombies are going to be using automatics??? what's up with that????

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
to tell you the truth...

i lost interest after the first resident evil, which i thought they ruined anyway (compared to the game)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I absolutely love the games. Truly do. But the movies are horrendous. I've given each of them a try (numerous times) and each one I watch, each time I watch it, I can't get over how crappy they are

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Surely once you've seen ONE zombie movie you've seen them all?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

yeh agreed the game has got #eee
it lacks that creepiness that it had on re2 on the ps1

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drewatkin
Surely once you've seen ONE zombie movie you've seen them all?

no not really
some stuff from the 70s and 80s have been brushed under the carpet
and i have a lot of them
shame the net is getting controlled now
pi bay was brill for it

EDIT: s for bringing it up though
edit on 29-7-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Speaking of zombie movies. I'm still trying to get my hands on the little-known early 90s cult classic "Dead Dudes in the House." Mega cheesy but still one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786

I absolutely love the games. Truly do. But the movies are horrendous. I've given each of them a try (numerous times) and each one I watch, each time I watch it, I can't get over how crappy they are

maybe they should have left it at the 1st one
which i think was good

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
since they screwed up the whole resident evil story, i've hated the movies.
then i gave them another chance and yup..... i still hate those movies.
damn i thought mila jovovich was cool until this crap.
and what happened to barry burton from RE1 on the ps1.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The first one was good, the 3rd to last is getting ridiculous. How does Umbrella have an army? Where are the military? What is the military doing?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Why so much Resi Evil hate? I'm a huge fan of the films! Sure, they may be nothing like the games and sure, they may be getting more and more ridiculous and over the top with each new sequel - but that what makes them so much fun. Seeing Milla kill countless zombies and other monsters - who cares if it's all a bit naff. They're great fun and I'll be there on the film's opening night to see this new film. No doubt about it!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I wasn't too fond of retribution, however, I liked the previous ones, and I'm looking forward to the new one which will hopefully be released. The games were ok, but I stopped liking them after resident evil 4.

join