It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who from the Media would you pick for Vice President? Which Party and Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would pick George Will for VP of the Republican Party. I know that he is at least 70 years old ...but he is truly the smartest guy in the room among media people. In addition to his erudition I find him fundamentally fair and well versed on not only the issues of the day but also the consequences of policy decisions (unlike a liberal like Bill Moyers who means well but doesn''t get it). Besides baseball (his passion and the country's pastime) he would seek to conserve America's values and valued institutions that are working (that is, not requiring "fundamental change" that the current President promised to bring about). He would be an excellent spokesman for all of the fundamental rights of Americans - well beyond the First Amendment that most impacts those in the Press (media).

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not sure which party as they all seem the same just from different angles, but Greg Palast is who I would vote for as he is a smart dude, well up on the cover-ups and deception of all parties of politicians and not only sees what is right and wrong but is not afraid to stand up and tell everyone about it. He is also a good speaker and has a great sense of humour.
Greg Palast for the win!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was going to say Rand Paul, but now I just don't know.

Being as this is a fictional thread - I'd say, just clone Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OPRAH! OPRAH!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Rand and Ron Paul are politicians (Senator and Congressman, resp) and not "Members of the Media". You can select anyone in the alternative media including radio also not just mainstream like my pick (ABC News).

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ben Stein. He could be VP for either Republican or Democrat.
He's usually ..not always .. but usually pretty darn smart about economics etc etc.
I'd vote for Ben Stein being a VP ...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have an admiration for Brian Williams, the NBC news anchor. He is well educated and appears to be quite intelligent. His tenure on NBC has kept him well informed on current events and he seems to have a well developed sense of diplomacy when interviewing people or being interviewed. When I say "sense of diplomacy", I don't mean pandering to whomever he is talking with. He is able to get his point across without being rude or insulting.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
rush limbaugh or alex jones...perfect people that will make romney seem like a sane and reasonable guy....plus it would be entertaining for the rest of us, i'd be up every saturday night watching SNL until the election.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would like to see John Stewart and Steven Colbert!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
None of them? I honestly can't think of a single one of those idiots I'd want in a position of any potential authority. The media is full of detached fools who have no common sense and no idea what life is like living outside of their little bubble in NYC or wherever else they might be based.

top topics

join