It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle In UK , looks like a message?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Very interesting "message".

I think it is important to pay attention to the geometry.

One of the key feature of this diagram is the insertion of a 12 by 12 square within, I would argue, not a circle, but a sphere.

In my view, this would suggests that what we're looking at is a blueprint for a three-dimensional model.

Why? Well, as we know, the sphere is the most common natural form in in the universe ( if I'm not mistaken); the square on the other hand, evokes technology.

In a simplistic way, the basic structure therefore suggests it is a form of "cosmic call-card".

I'm not very proficient in computer graphics and 3D modelling, but I would be interested to look at a 3d rendering of this structure.

Reminds me of the movie "Contact". Remember how Jodie Foster suggests the theory it is a 3d model and they suddenly realize it is a blueprint for some sort of time-travelling ship? Might actually be worth to cross check with the movie! If it's a prank, could be the same one ;-)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Regardless of the origins of the crop circle I think it's fun to try to interpret an intended message (if there is one).

To that end I suggest that anyone who still wants to "translate" the message try to look at things from a numeric point of view.

I did a little work and noticed a few interesting things if you interpret all dark squares (tall crops) to have a value of 1 and all light squares (bent crops) to have a value of negative 1.

If you sum each line (both horizontally and vertically) using this method you get a numerical sequence of:

Horizontal Sum: 4,0,-4,2,0,-6,0,0,-4,0,2,-6
Vertical Sum: -4,-6,-2,2,-6,-2,2,4,4,-6,6,4

I'm not quite interested enough to try to analyze all these numbers or try different variations, but maybe this will spark an idea in someone else.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Obviously an intergalactic crossword puzzle game

Seriously though this circle looks very man made to me. I kept looking at it from different angles and trying to squint my eyes to see if it is a picture or something. I got nothing. If it is a forgery then they just probably added the squares to make it look like a super secret code so we could spend hours analyzing it.
I believe some crop circles are unexplainable and do carry messages, but I am calling man made on this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jeepsters265

Hmm Horizontal sum has a pattern.. but this might be just coincidence.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
12 by 12 has meaning to me

can anyone put the binary which was decoded and looked like what happens when the computer doesnt recognise the language into the language thing on the computer and see if it comes up to some other language?

If so lets see if we cannot translate the language

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This reminds me of Conway's Game of Life

After spawning 8 gliders and 15 blinkers, the simulation stabilizes after about 1700 generations.

Conway's Game of Life will yield similarly interesting patterns for any arbitrary 12x12 grid, so this isn't enough to convince me of anything. I'm not an astronomer, but I would be interested to know if the resulting pattern could be mapped to any known constellations from Earth's vantage point:

You can run the simulation yourself by using a program like Golly

Here is a representation of the initial pattern (save as "cropcircle.rle" and load in Golly):

#CXRLE Pos=-10,-2
x = 12, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
3bob2obobo$2ob2ob2ob3o$4bo$5o2b2o2bo$2ob2ob2ob2o$4ob2obo$bo3bobob2o$o
9b2o$2ob2o2bob2o$obo3b2o2bo$2bo5b2o$o2bo2bo2bo!
edit on 29-7-2012 by virtues because: embedded image

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm not good at these sort of things but here is my help, hopefully those who are good as decrypting now will find it easier.

Btw i think the empty space might be as important as the filled one.

I have this in full 3d so if you guys wish for me to arrange them in any way let me know so you can look at it however you want.

Although this looks man-made to me I'm curious as to what it might be trying to say.
edit on 29-7-2012 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2012 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
thats kind of like what i see when i rub my eyes

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Nice modeling.
Maybe we should use your bottom diagram as a keyboard.
Thinking in terms of musical notes and cords...I can see this in terms of piano keys...perhaps denoting a sequence of frequencies.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As someone mentioned earlier, the binary code behind this crop circle isn't divisible by 8, however I'm also exploring other routes based on CesarO's model.

Edit FWIW, the crop circle clearly looks like it's based on the ASCII chart, which is a pretty good indicator that it's man-made.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It looks like braile to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's too pixilated for me to tell. I hate those digital signals during sunspots.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not trying to derail the mathematical hypothesis, but could the grid be musical? I, myself, am no musician, but could the 12 rows represent musical notes in order and the raised squares be the signal to "pluck" that note? The reason that came to me is that my sister had a music box when we were children and it had a similar grid in it albeit was cylindrical.

Anyway, man made or not, puzzles like this fascinate me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't have image editing software installed, but maybe someone could make a reverse copy and try to overlay it from different angles. Or maybe make four copies and overlay them, one on top of each other, all in four different directions. Try to see what that yields.

What I see is that this could either be something in 3d. This is obviously a grid within a circle or sphere, as someone else here mentioned. That should be taken into consideration.

I think it is no use arguing back and forth endlessly that this is manmade, or not manmade. Becase the bare-bones fact is that NOBODY KNOWS FOR SURE. No amount of chest-beating and trying to show you are smart by scoffing at it will get any of us anywhere.

My opinion is, let's just try to forget that you are smart guys who know everything, and who are above all the rest of us monkeys, and let's try to figure this out. Even if it were a hoax, it would still be interesting to figure out what the hoaxers were up to with this particular configuration.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

The right side is the top when comparing to the diagram photo.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
This was found on 28th July (yesterday) and I'm not sure if it's a message of some sort, but it looks like one rather than just a random pattern.

and here is a diagram of the crop circle, if anyone can decode it?

Link to website: www.cropcircleconnector.com...
edit on 29-7-2012 by jNormal because: (no reason given)
looks to me like they were playing TETRIS is anyone with me?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

there are different levels of bit encoding.

anyone find a 12-bit encoder?

the 8/16/32/64-bit bytes we are used to for 'words' may

spit out a different value.

the crop 'circle' is a 12 x 12 matrix.

the simple binary decoder provided by one ATS member

did yield:

8 163 211 213 36 41 53 170 51 6 17 30 147 182 40 23 171 186

and
the md5 hash is

82e4c661058b6a131b838c45289d08a2

which brings us back to the need for cryptanalysis.

Interestingly I stumbled across the 12/24 bit Binary Golay Code

which is a 12 x 24 bit matrix that error corrects 12-bit data within a 24 bit word.

It was used by NASA Voyager 1 and 2 for color image transmission using the

(12, 24, 8) format (I simply DON'T understand matrix math, but this is used

by the US governemt in high frequency RF transmissions, including space based

systems).

Anyone think they can peg the translation using a 12 bit angle?

edit on 7/29/2012 by drphilxr because: spelling!!!!

edit on 7/29/2012 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
One more thought into the pot:

Is this a 12 x 12 magic square?

Magic squares typically contain numbers in each cell (square),

of order n , an arrangement of n2 numbers...such that the n numbers in all rows,

all columns, and both diagonals sum to the same constant (paraphrased from

wikilink). Similar to sudoku.

?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Cesar, can you fold your 3d image

into a cube? That would be "Contact' (movie) like.

A cube has 6 faces. So each side would be

4 blocks long, 3 faces of 4 blocks each running along

the top and sides.

Someone may then be able to create a tesseract from

the cube....

And then could you do this with a 4 faced pyramid?

(Interesting to see which had more symmetry or meaning,

pyramid vs. cube)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

I'm not sure if i can do what you are asking. The total amount of squares that i have is 144 divided by the sides of a cube (6) gives me 24 i cannot fit 24 squares into a perfect square. I have to do 5*5 and take away one which i believe breaks the cube.

If i misunderstood what you are trying to tell me please let me know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join