It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refusing To Put A Normal Child On Psych Drugs Results In Swat Teams and a Tank

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11

Originally posted by ReadyPower

Glad the lady won at least.. this is a reason I never go to the damn hospital.. or call police.

No joke just stay out the way is my motto... something is going on and it's not good.

Last time I went in for a check up it was a week after my Grand parent die, they asked if I was

feeling sad and disingenuous, I told them yes.. I was put on a prozac treatment which they told

me would help with my abnormal feelings.. I stopped taking it after 2 weeks of bizarre dreams,

and thought of hurting myself which I was never informed it could* make things worse..

Three weeks after being off that the crap, I am finally back to normal.. Just really stupid how

this stuff is given out like candy.. I can understand the issue with these nut jobs putting people

on stuff they don't need... They are using us as Guinea pigs.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

A lot of antideprassants out there have a side effect of suicidal thoughts. Kinda defeats the purpose of being called an antidepprassant if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So sad that Ms. Godboldo had to go through this... I have had my own run-ins with a teacher and an administrator that strongly suggested that my son needed ADD medication. Fortunately, I was familiar with the verbage they used to try and railroad my child. I managed to anger the teacher enough that she said "you people" - I am an American of hispanic descent and native American indian descent , the teacher was of white ancestry. So, I was dealing with a teacher who displayed a rascist attitude. This teacher used language in a demeaning manner toward me in front of the administrator and the school counselor, much to my delight. It perfectly illustrated the discrimmatory atmosphere my 8 year old son was experiencing. When I pointed this out, they administrator censured the teacher. Then he proceeded to comment on my son's behavior as possibly being indicative of ADHD. I pointed out that this 8 year old, my youngest of three, had beaten me in a game of chess, when his older brother and sister were very much older than he before they ever won a game. Perhaps, it was a school system designed to have children conform that was the actual problem. The following year he was placed in a gifted and talented program and he has become a wonderful young man who will graduate with college hours gained while in high school. Drugs would have been an easy answer for the school system because, frankly, he was a handful in his elementary years. Extremely active. But in my opinion it was and is an active mind creating an active body. Sadly, the school system is designed to teach our kids to the system. How easily I could have lost my child to this very system. I am appalled that Ms. Godboldo went through this. One must arm themselves with the language of the system to work with the system. My story had a happy ending. I hope and pray that Ms. Godboldo and her daughter have their happy ending.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

A lot of antideprassants out there have a side effect of suicidal thoughts. Kinda defeats the purpose of being called an antidepprassant if you ask me.

It's a Catch-22 situation. Possible suicidal tendencies can occur from the anti-depressants that are taken for THAT very reason! An absolute contradiction! Does anyone else besides me see the irony and insanity in this??? Why do we allow ourselves to be so easily overtaken?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Very unfortunate to hear this story, I truly believe we live in an outdated era. In the years to come I believe flouride, vaccinations, nucleur power, fossil fuels, hyrdogenated oils (transgram fats) and perscription drugs will all be shown to be far more hurtful than helpful, with the cons outweighing the pros in a major way.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Even worse, only because it causes harm to others and not self, is that most also have a side effect of homocidal thoughts. Prozac is the absolute worst. But Wellbutrin can do the same thing. Wellbutrin is a good, mild antidepressant, and the medication makes you sleepy (it has been used as a sleep aid for depressed patients while being treated in a hospital, and probably out of the hospital)

Wellbutrin has another brand name for people who want to stop smoking: Chantix. And it has the same capability to drive homocidal thoughts.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Seriously, why? Do the tank drivers and Swat guys not realize how absurd this was??

Not if they have to fill a usage quota to keep their funding and the nice tank they feel they need.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, and you already get homicidal thoughts just quitting smoking to begin with

What a frikken nightmare.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by marg6043

I don't know why it is happening. But if that lady would have had a way to contact me, I would have started driving that way with my guns.

I hold my children as the most sacred thing in the world. I would kill for mine, and I would kill for yours, too.

Your guns would make you a target for all that taxpayer funded hardware. Fish in a barrel me thinks.

I understand your zeal, but you and your countrymen will never start a revolution regardless of how many guns you have.

I bet you pay your taxes don't you?

Sorry I can't share your gun-ho attitude, but I'm sensible enough not to live in your country and unless Americans change it, it's headed for the dark ages MkII imo.

Good luck and stay safe, bury the guns and show your family there's a world outside. Better still, sell all your guns & ammo and use the money to see the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

My guns are to put food on the table. If the need arises for other uses, they are there. But there is no use my weapons other than to put food in the freezer.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SEPTEMBERDRAGON

I want to play devils advocate with you because of the race thing. Are you ok to have a discussion about that with me? I am not racist, I am a white guy that married an Asian girl(my avatar), my brother married a Black girl, and I have a mixed niece that I love, my Great Grandmother was native american(I assume, her name was Freshcorn) and I could not care less about the color of some ones skin. Heck I would have married my wife if she was green, I don't care.
Are you ok with talking about it?
edit on 2-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I almost couldn't even finish reading this. It's sicking to me how pharmaceuticals are thrown around like candy in this day and age because of profit. It's all about the profit. They push and push medications down people's throats. The ratio of those who actually "need' to be medicated by psychotropics and other anti-psychotic medications compared to the vast numbers of those being put on them when it's not necessary is "STAGGERING!" All other possible solutions should be considered before putting a person on these powerful medications. They are not candy. Our large pharmaceutical companies are blatantly abusing their power and it's hurting millions of people.

Feel really sad for a few weeks, a few months? It's sad for me to want to suggest to you that it might be in your best interest that you should please not visit your doctor's office to seek help, (I am not a professional and I am not asking you to not seek help if there is a crisis) as you might be better off dealing with your problems by researching your own cure for mild to severe depression, anxiety, what have you, as the doctor will just push medications on you.

It's sad that I don't find hospitals or doctors trustworthy anymore to have the integrity to do the right thing.
It's all a business is what it really comes down to. The doc will try to get you to come to multiple visits instead of taking care of everything in one. Need a med adjustment? Come in for another visit.
You say you have anxiety. Doc says "Well due to my evaluation I think you might be suffering from PTSD as well."
More meds.
More office visits you have to pay for now.
Referral to psychologist. (more bills for you -> money in doctor's wallet)
Meds not working?
Come in we'll adjust the dosage for you. ($$$ out of pocket for another visit)
Getting worse?
We'll put you on something else to try out.
Meanwhile you are trying out so many medications and dosage changes just to realize it's all making you crazier and you can't stand the side affects.
You stop taking meds...
2 months later you get message on your answering machine saying your due to come in for a check up...

Don't want to comply while we do not want to put in time and resources solving your issues?
Here's some sedatives too to shove down your throat. Enjoy.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when you think nobody is looking.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by nerbot

My guns are to put food on the table. If the need arises for other uses, they are there. But there is no use my weapons other than to put food in the freezer.

So you would have driven to see this woman and her daughter with your guns to shoot game?

Dualistic much?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

All of these drugs, supposedly to alter chemical imbalances in the brain, yet how often do they actually brainscan for these imbalances before dispensing a drug for it? Would you let your doctor tell you that you have lymes, or diabeties, or AIDS, and give you drugs without a blood test? I hope most people would say no.....
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:54:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

reply to post by unb3k44n7

All of these drugs, supposedly to alter chemical imbalances in the brain, yet how often do they actually brainscan for these imbalances before dispensing a drug for it? Would you let your doctor tell you that you have lymes, or diabeties, or AIDS, and give you drugs without a blood test? I hope most people would say no.....
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:54:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

In my experience, many of these drugs are dispensed "solely" based on the information given by the patient or in some cases an outside source trying to intervene. Diagnoses of psychiatric problems are not "generally" detected by means of medical instruments, or "brain scans". To my knowledge these tests are only done in "special circumstances."

A "standardized "test to detect psychiatric illness doesn't really exist yet.
We can detect things like tumors and trauma that may be causing psychiatric problems.
Our brain is a little complicated. Viewing a scan of a the brain does not show us a black and white "here's the problem-type images." ;-)
As you can assume, and you apparently have, this leaves much room for error.

The problem with this is that many times information given by the patient may be exaggerated "at the time" they came in seeking help. The patient might be under severe stress, or may be depressed (not clinically depressed) because of something happening "at the time" in their lives that they are going though.

Although exaggerated information works both ways. I have also witnessed accounts personally where the "doctor" has exaggerated symptoms, blowing them out of proportion causing false diagnoses. In my personal experience, most doctors only look at you in the light of a "medical patient", rather than a human being with "normal human emotions", if that makes any sense. They go by the book which sometimes is not always the best approach. This is sometimes what causes diagnoses to become flawed and exaggerated.

In my experience, many people are just in desperate need for someone to help them. They might not know what to do anymore or how to go about it. In some cases, they might not even have the education to know what to do about their problems. They might be afraid even about what they are going through. They just want to be helped at all costs and feel they have run out of options so they sometimes turn to medications.

Our media also tends displays medications in a convenient fashion making them a desirable means to an end, or a quick fix, to those who are suffering.

edit on 3-8-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Must of been more to this story, like the kid was a #ing xmen or something

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I know a couple of parents that allowed their child to be put on a pediatric dose of xanax so that the child will stay seated and not "disrupt" the class. I don't know the entire story, but apparently the child was asking too many questions of the teacher and "disrupting" the rest of the students.

My decision to home school came about when my sister found out her son's teacher was high all of the time in class. The teacher was caught and fired, however, who is to say it can't happen again.

That infuriates me ....then it makes me sick.

The child was too intelligent and asked too many questions. Solution? Dope that kid until the proper level of dull stupidity is shown to conform.

Oh I could scream. People wonder why the United States ranks WAYY down on most Academic measures within the Western World. At one time we led the world. Now? We tell each other we still do.....while I swear, the world kinda chuckles at hearing us say it.

we are all told to shut up stop asking questions and sit down

drugs to kids is way over the top, herbal remedies work best anyway

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i think its a psy op

parents hear about the arrest and military presence but dont hear about the women being right

the drug companies kill and maim en mass, they also breed germs

take control of your health google: mms1 jim humble

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i notice many delinquent parents dont get any attention from child services but good parents who upset the gov do

political prisoners perhaps

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You know, the only real problem I had with this post is that doctors don't typically place normal children on psych meds.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join